"I'd really like this..." [Gifting Strangers]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bradley.2684

Bradley.2684

well wintersday is coming up and i have heart set on making the snowflake shoulder skin with the snowy effects anyway! the recipe to make it will require 150 mystic coins and i’m not much at a head start so if… someone could help me acquire mystic coins i would really appreciate that, thank you! oh and my server is NA

Posted by: Spectral.1425

Spectral.1425

It’s nice to see so many wishes have been granted here! The GW2 community from what I’ve seen so far on the forums and in-game is a lot more helpful and friendly than other games I’ve played, by far.

As for my wish, I’ve been eyeing the Sentinel Outfit for some time now, but I’m just not in a position to get it.

My server is NA!

Someone got me it! Thank you!!!

(edited by Spectral.1425)

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

well wintersday is coming up and i have heart set on making the snowflake shoulder skin with the snowy effects anyway! the recipe to make it will require 150 mystic coins and i’m not much at a head start so if… someone could help me acquire mystic coins i would really appreciate that, thank you! oh and my server is NA

I am making the same skin myself…posting many pages back in this thread tracking my drink count…lol

Send me a mail in-game please, so next time I log on I can help you out with some Mystic Coins…I have that part already taken care of, and I don’t use them often, so I can spare some. Please send me that mail in-game so I don’t forget.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: KobiQu.5103

KobiQu.5103

new to the game was not here for release of glittering skins if anyone would like to help me out to get the greatsword even if its selling to me cheaper than trading post message me ingame and we can arrange something? or maybe arena net would like to re release the glitter series in gem store for purchase [without putting them in B.L chests]? i have no problem with buying skins from the cash shop.

Server eu whiteside ridge if that helps.
Desire : Glittering greatsword skin
edit after seeing staff was most expensive of glittering skins decided to aim for GS instead xD

(edited by KobiQu.5103)

Posted by: Blutengel.7089

Blutengel.7089

NA server,
The only thing I need in this game is more space to put stuff. I am constantly running to merchants to empty my bags. I would really like to have more bags to fill so I can play more. If someone could send a bag slot my way that would be a big help.
Thanks in advance.

(edited by Blutengel.7089)

Posted by: MrThompson.8347

MrThompson.8347

I’m really anxious for my first Ascended piece, all I need is 60g to finish it up, please and thank you!

Alternatively, The Chosen precurser would help a ton to speed up my very first Legendary, though not too worried about that at the moment cause I’m still working on Ascended, but would help a lot <3

Desire: 60g or The Chosen

(edited by MrThompson.8347)

Posted by: Switchblade.9362

Switchblade.9362

NA server, Sorrow’s Furnace

Thanks for the thread OP!
I would love a pair of black or white wings to fill out my characters look. I missed the sale. Thanks in advance!

Character account: Switchblade.9362

(edited by Switchblade.9362)

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Just a reminder to update your post. Perhaps keep a running count…like :

Mystic Coins: 15/150

It helps everyone know how many you still need, if you still need them, and sometimes when you get down to the wire, people help push you over the finish line when you get really close.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Hi everyone. After reading few posts here, I’d post my wish item too :o if I get it.. I will scream ! My wish item is a permanent hair contract. It’s something I really really would like to have and I don’t think I’d be able to get it myself anytime soon or at all. I hope everyone enjoy thier game and life . Hv a great day!!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: xavios.3601

xavios.3601

Fulfilled. Thank you! <3

(edited by xavios.3601)

Posted by: Priscitia.4235

Priscitia.4235

Good day everbody!
I’d really like to have a Moth Glider Combo of my own! All my gold is going to push my Heal-Ranger-Set because my raid wants it and so i have not enough to fullfill my own wish.
And as stupid as it sounds but I haven’t enough money to buy them for a reason I’d rather not say on forums (no i am no outlaw or anything bad.)
I hope some kind person is reading this Wish you all a good Day!

P.S.: I am from a european Server

Posted by: Calabiss.6594

Calabiss.6594

Hello generous people! I just wanted to say that this initiative is amazing and shows how nice/ accepting the community in Guild Wars 2 is compared to previous games I’ve played and if I had more money I would make it an effort to help other people out, however I don’t. The one thing I have had my eye on for literally forever is the chaos gloves. I first wanted the Phantoms Hood and spent all my gold converting to gems to get it but now I really want the chaos gloves to finish my outfit. If I got this I would be so grateful and a thank you ahead of time for reading!
My Server is NA
Desire: Chaos Gloves

THANK YOU WHOEVER GOT THIS FOR ME!

Posted by: Edgerim.4129

Edgerim.4129

Hello Guys,
everyone of you knows the problem how to style your own charakter. After spending tons of gold and time to style my main warrior, only one part is missing and that is his glider skin. I’m actually running with the standard skin and it is really ugly in my opinion, so I would like to have a pretty one Sooo guys, I hope someone with a great heart could buy me the bloodstone glider skin which I prefer, I would be really thankful and will think of the kind supporter everyday :*

Have a nice day

Server: EU Kodash(DE)

Posted by: Martin Silenus.5643

Martin Silenus.5643

I haven’t asked for a wish before, and I would really love another character slot. I haven’t enough gems to purchase it, although I have 5 character slots, since a friend purchased HoT for me. I have 5 classes, and I would really liked to try another class without deleting one of which I already have.

My server is Isle of Janthir, NA I guess.

Thank you in advance

Posted by: Kas.3509

Kas.3509

Hello everyone
I am returning player, played just a little bit on a launch date. A month ago my friends started playing a lot, so I joined and I started to love GW2 and won’t leave it for loooong time.
Sadly, I’m unable to purchuase a lot of things. I payed for HoT and now my funds are at 0$ for games for next year.
I am collecting gold to unlock Living World season 2, but there are some items I’d love to get too. Collecting enough gold for LWs2 will take me probably more than 6 months, so if anyone would like to share my desired items with me I will be very grateful.

Desired item: Phoenix Light Armor Skin

My sylvari mesmer would love these.
If I get it from anyone, or get enough gold to purchuase LWs2 and this, I’ll edit this post so you know y desire was fulfilled.
Maybe I’ll find my Santa Claus.
Edit: Forgot to mention – EU server.

(edited by Kas.3509)

Posted by: Pyreo.8517

Pyreo.8517

I’ve never had an awful lot of money in this game, so I thought I might ask here.

I would really love to get an Enameled Morning Glory Dye. ^^

EDIT: This was fulfilled by someone, thank you VERY very much!

(edited by Pyreo.8517)

Posted by: ThunderRonn.7615

ThunderRonn.7615

I am not sure if mini packs can be given or traded but I would love to have a few minis like the hawk, owl, raven, tiger, red panda, fox and little kittens. Any of those I would truly love to have. Im not sure how often those items get asked for but I just saw this and thought how amazing it was to have this out there. I am looking through the things to see if i can help get something for someone as well.

(edited by ThunderRonn.7615)

Posted by: jezebel.7054

jezebel.7054

Hello, I recently came across this thread and thought I would take a chance! I would like to request two items that are available on the BLTC but are more than I can afford based on how often I can play and principle. I do not expect anyone to buy it(them) for me. I am appealing to anyone who already has one.
The gold I manage to earn, I exchange for gems when I can to purchase practical things like bank tabs, storage expanders, permanent gathering tools, with a few fun (affordable) items.
I wasn’t playing when these items were available to earn them myself. I even placed an offer I could afford (without cringing) in the BLTC on one of them, but four months later it hasn’t been accepted.
I would happily try to earn these items myself if I thought it wouldn’t take years.
If anyone is willing to gift either of these, I would be astounded, speechless (except for “thank you”), grateful and humbled!

Holographic Dragon Wing Cover

Eeee!! My request has been fulfilled in full! Thank you extremely generous gifter!!! I equipped it immediately and made my character jump up and down!!

(edited by jezebel.7054)

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

North America

I would like a Mini Ember, offering 19 gold for one (current buy price)

EDIT: Self-fulfilled!

(edited by Cakemeister.5792)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hello, I recently came across this thread and thought I would take a chance! I would like to request two items that are available on the BLTC but are more than I can afford based on how often I can play and principle. I do not expect anyone to buy it(them) for me. I am appealing to anyone who already has one.
The gold I manage to earn, I exchange for gems when I can to purchase practical things like bank tabs, storage expanders, permanent gathering tools, with a few fun (affordable) items.
I wasn’t playing when these items were available to earn them myself. I even placed an offer I could afford (without cringing) in the BLTC on one of them, but four months later it hasn’t been accepted.
I would happily try to earn these items myself if I thought it wouldn’t take years.
If anyone is willing to gift either of these, I would be astounded, speechless (except for “thank you”), grateful and humbled!

1. Permanent Hair Stylist Contract
2. Holographic Dragon Wing Cover

Eeee!! Thank you extremely generous gifter!!! I equipped it immediately and made my character jump up and down!!

Server: NA Stormbluff Isle

Because the forum rules require a request for one item only and you have received one item, we ask that you do not post another request and that this post be marked to indicate your request has been fulfilled in full.

I am not sure if mini packs can be given or traded but I would love to have a few minis like the hawk, owl, raven, tiger, red panda, fox and little kittens. Any of those I would truly love to have. Im not sure how often those items get asked for but I just saw this and thought how amazing it was to have this out there. I am looking through the things to see if i can help get something for someone as well.

Please update your post to request one single item and not a list of requests. Thank you. Thanks also for mentioning that you will try to share something you can share with another player. That’s the true spirit of this thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: ebranches.9346

ebranches.9346

For the past few weeks I’ve been working on the collections for Sunrise. Aside from a few fractals I only need this JP, wich I can’t finish by any means. So if you can find it in your heart the time and will to give me a port I would really appreciate.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

For the past few weeks I’ve been working on the collections for Sunrise. Aside from a few fractals I only need this JP, wich I can’t finish by any means. So if you can find it in your heart the time and will to give me a port I would really appreciate.

That’s an unusual request, the first of its kind that I can remember seeing. I hope it works out for you — it costs nothing to the giver but would mean so much to you. (Best of luck with your quest!)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Originally the Invisible Boots would be quite useful for me, but I would need three of them (for each armour class). So, I discard this idea.

There is a miniature, I desire to acquire: The Mini Karka, but it got excessively rare.

Update — 1st May
I got finally my Mini Karka through the recently available Consortium Chest. But I did not get the Southsun Mask. If anyone is reading the old posts, I would really appreciate to get the mask from a generous player.

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Hello, I’m glad to see that many people got a gift for a “stranger”, shows how the community is. I wish the new Marjory Outfit from gems.
Would be great if anyone wanna gift me one
If not, no problem, it’s just a request.
Have a good day!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Which JP is it? I can help with almost all of them but not with timed jumps such as the geysers in Southsun. On NA I can, anyway, I don’t exist on EU

Posted by: ebranches.9346

ebranches.9346

That’s an unusual request, the first of its kind that I can remember seeing. I hope it works out for you — it costs nothing to the giver but would mean so much to you. (Best of luck with your quest!)

My gift has just been granted! I just want to say thanks to everyone who takes part in this amazing community! Also kudos to this kind stranger who helped me. Again, you’re amazing!

Posted by: Ani.8473

Ani.8473

This thread is so nice I am working on maxing out my home instance and would very much like to have a Platinum Mining Ore or a Orrian Truffle Harvesting Node. That would make me doing a ‘happy scream’

Have fun everyone and stay awesome as you are!

Leader of [EoL] Evolution of Loneliness – http://eol.notjustfor.me/ :)

Posted by: Flugsau.2358

Flugsau.2358

Good morning everyone,
just found this thread and althought its not a gems store item i thought i’d give it a shot
In hopes for the winters presence skin returning with wintersday i was hoping some people might still have any of thoose tonics laying around needed for the achivement.

every little bit helps until i got thoose 10000 together x-x
Greetings Flugsau

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

Not sure if this item is even buyable anymore….but my wish is for the plush quaggan backpack to replace the one that went poof. By the time the wardrobe system came, i had gotten rid of the one i had and i regret it.

Posted by: nanomidgy.9180

nanomidgy.9180

Heeey, I heard the wizard hat returned around March this year or so, but I wasn’t in game at the time so I missed it :*(
I would really really love to get the heavy version of the hat if anybody has a spare one. ^.^

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I really like this idea and it is proof of what an amazing community we have.

There is only one thing that I would like that because of my horrible luck I haven’t been able to get. I have opened so many Black Lion chests and still not seen it. I would appreciate it so much if someone could help me out. I am going to keep an eye on this thread and help anyone out that I can :-)

I am on Jade Quarry/NA and I would very much like a Permanent Hair Stylist Contract.

I always seem to want to change at least one characters hair every week so this would really be nice to have. Thank you in advance to whatever kind soul grants my wish.

you can’t fix stupid

Posted by: JmoolZZ.6251

JmoolZZ.6251

I found this thread on a whim and was really wowed by the community helping eachother. Its a great thing to see when people get together to help one another. And maybe someone can help me, with a project. i started working on that sweet new mace, Eureka and managed to scrape together enough money to make the precursor, but when i saw that i still needed 1800g, i got really discouraged and stopped, that was almost two months ago. Obviously i dont want all of that money, but anything towards it would be so amazing, and maybe make the journey of crafting it a little easier. Thank you in advance, im on the NA servers. And also will gladly help pay it forward to others in need. ^-^

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

wow … the requests are a little…. too much don’t you think? :/ anyway i’m really impressed by how nice Gw2 community can be ^^ keep it up ladz \o

Posted by: CJay.7023

CJay.7023

What an amazing community we have in Guild Wars 2 Actually made my heart lift a little seeing all the “Edit: Someone fulfilled my wish!!” comments at the end of everyones request, it really put a smile on my face. So to you mysterious ‘Gifters’ out there, Gods bless you all! <3

That being said, I thought I may do the same thing. I’m on EU Servers, and my desire is for the Zodiac Medium Armour Skin from the Gemstore at 800 Gems It’s my finishing touch for my new Fresh level-80 Ranger! Unfortunately with the run-up to Christmas and having a small child, Gems (and spending much time in-game) are somewhat out of the question lol.

Anyways, I’ll definitely keep an eye out on this thread and forum, see if there’s anything at all I could help with ^^

Bless you all!

Posted by: Vena.4276

Vena.4276

I just found out about this thread and I thought it very heartwarming and sweet. Great way to make someone’s day.
That said, I do have a desire. That is the new Crystalline Dragon Backpack/Glider. I think it would be the perfect addition to my characters and they would look so majestic.
With the amount of gold needed for it and the time I have, I simply cannot buy it myself.
If you do make my wish come true, I will be eternally grateful to you, and may the Six watch over you.
PS: I’ll try to help out if I can too. It’s the least I can do.

Shabulu
Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please Note: This gifting project is not only about Gem Store items. The spirit of this initiative should be broad. It’s entirely fine to post a request for help with, say, components for a Legendary, mats towards a holiday item or an achievement, assistance with a jumping puzzle, fractal, or dungeon, all sorts of things.

Asking for items from within the game — not those that require gems — is great. After all, the intention of this thread is for players to help players., and many more players can get involved when the requests are for things that are reasonable and more easily shared.

So please, as you consider your request and keep in mind that a request for an item that costs thousands of gold is less likely to be fulfilled and creates a high barrier for people to get involved.

Thanks for understanding and thinking about the spirit of the thread in all your requests and request fulfillments.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Condutas.3580

Condutas.3580

Hello there, misters and ladies. What I need is a little strange but bear with me and read on…

Lately, I am having a certain “inventory space problem”. No matter how many chars I have, no matter how I try too organize my slots, I always feel like I could use more space. Unfortunatelly, my real life is kicking in and I no longer have the time too play this game and farm as much as in the past 2 years… Which is a shame, really.

http://imgur.com/D66ldij

I do have a personal char only too carry extra “crafting items” but they are items that fill my inventory quick and are usually worth barely nothing (neverthless, I am saving them for eventually starting crafting and because I have a little bit of OCD).

What I am asking here is one of two things:

1º Someone gift me a “additional bank tab”. That would definately help me sorting out my items a little bit better.

IF anyone is willing too gift me this, I will make sure I give him at the very least the gold I am currently carrying too him, too at least show some apreciation. At the moment of this post, that would have been 75 gold.

2º The second option is a little diferent… Since I already have 75 gold saved myself, I can buy the gems if I can get 166 gold total. Therefore, that may be a little more doable too some of you.

Soo, too resume:

Server : Europe
Desire : “Bank Tab Expansion” and I would pay you all my gold, at the moment, 75 gold.

OR

75/166 → 90 gold, that way I can buy it myself

Thank you in advance for any help, even if its only 1 gold or a cake. All help would be very apreciated.

Have a good day, misters and ladies.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ralliare.7893

Ralliare.7893

This thread seems really neat and definitely a good sample of random kindness from some of the stuff I’ve seen! Kinda makes me really giddy for both the giver and the recipient when I read an edit about how their wish was granted. All you secret gift givers deserve the best luck and bless all of you!

That being said, I think I may give this a shot! I’m on NA servers (Tarnished Coast) of now; My current desire/wish is to get the Crystal Savant outfit if possible. Between planning for the holidays and other wonderful events, I’ve little money to spend on myself. (Also, I’m hoping this doesn’t violate the guidelines, but can whoever send it to me wish me a happy birthday in the mail with it maybe if that’s fine with them. >< )

EDIT: An alternative desire that isn’t gemstore stuff, The recipe for Light of Dwayna backpiece as I think it’d match my engi’s current set! I hope this is alright as I’m not asking for both and figure it may be a bit more reasonable request maybe.

I’ll definitely keep this bookmarked too and check in on future! Happy holidays in advance!

(edited by Ralliare.7893)

Posted by: aokimi.6240

aokimi.6240

This is like a secret santa woah awesome! Can I try too?

Hi, I hope someone will get me a Royal Terrace Pass, the permanent one, because it’s cheaper than the non-permanent one. I discovered Royal Terrace while wintersday 2015 (phew, it’s last year >..< ) and fall in love with that corner. I was like a dumb to get pass through the gate, but then someone told me that I need the Royal Terrace Pass.

That’s what I want most in Guild Wars 2, thank you. I should set my expectation low because it’s not on gemstore right now, but at least I can try here right? (_ _)
*I am on NA server.

Posted by: Nari.4302

Nari.4302

Would be amazing if someone gifted me a Mini Fox Kit

Update: I got it from wardrobe unlock, yay ~

(edited by Nari.4302)

Posted by: Shan.1983

Shan.1983

I would be really happy if someone gifted me a glider skin I’d be happy with any of the current gem shop skins and would try to pass on something <3

edit: I play on EU
edit2: someone awesome got me an exalted glider skin!!! Thank you so much dear gifter <3

(edited by Shan.1983)

Posted by: Slowly Losing My Mind.5031

Slowly Losing My Mind.5031

I would really appreciate a total makeover kit so I can make my mesmer pretty and match the new crystalline wings

Posted by: Obik.3401

Obik.3401

I would appreciate just 20 gold, thats what i need to buy gems for chaos gloves skin

Posted by: danielzach.7158

danielzach.7158

I would be really happy if someone gifted me a few runes Thesis on basic speed (1h + 10% speed) this would help very much with maps completion.Thanks a lot in advance

Posted by: yume.1056

yume.1056

I…um, i would love ever so much if someone out there would be willing to either gift the permanent hairstylist contract, or….and i know this is asking alot, but the staff Nevermore. I have wanted both for so long, but am never able to play enough to earn the materials or gold required.

Server: EU

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I…um, i would love ever so much if someone out there would be willing to either gift the permanent hairstylist contract, or….and i know this is asking alot, but the staff Nevermore. I have wanted both for so long, but am never able to play enough to earn the materials or gold required.

Server: EU

The staff Nevermore can’t be gifted or sold. Like all the new Legendaries it’s crafted and account bound on acquire, which is why none are in the trading post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Munashii.4271

Munashii.4271

It would be super awesome if someone happened to have a Howl that they didn’t want. I would be very grateful if you could pass it my way. It would save me so much gold on making Howler.

Thanks!

Posted by: Imp.8395

Imp.8395

Hello,
I really Want the new crystal glint wings or some transmutation Charges. Im pretty broke in the Game since i try to Build my guild and am also heavily into Fashion wars. Since i Play for a year now and Kinda know how to Farm Gold, i think it would be really cool to help the People who Need it more Then me. I dont Want to pretend of Fake my Situation just to get free Stuff. Anyway, if someone has some gems left, i would highly Appreciate one of Those Things

edit: a benevolent person gave me the wings. thanks a lot again

(edited by Imp.8395)

Posted by: monkeyface.5627

monkeyface.5627

I just got back into the game after about a year, and I would really like either Bram’s Wolfblood Outfit or the Fancy Asura Outfit for my tiny asura, though they are limited time and I hardly have enough gold to buy even a fraction of the cost. They are both quite a cost, but if any kind soul would help me out a bit with this, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

edit:someone kindly gifted me the brahm’s wolfblood outfit. Again, thanks very much!

Posted by: Grimlord.4976

Grimlord.4976

Not sure if people are still doing this but i could sure use a permanent pick axe of some sort, or some black lion keys if thats asking to much, or just whatever, i like things lol, thanks in advance if this actually works