I need Guidance on lvl 80 Content

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yuna.8326

Yuna.8326

So, I know this may be a bit of an odd post. However, for months I have been trying to run 80+ content on my own and attempt to learn. However, I’m finding myself lost in the intricate nuances of the entire content. I’m just unsure where to start, where to go, who to talk to, or what to do. I’ve been reading a variety of suggestions online, but I’m still unsure of what I should start with. To clarify, Here are some of the things I’ve been wanting to do in no particular order:

-Run Dungeons (I haven’t done many due to not having anyone to do them with)
-Fractals (Not exactly sure what they are, but I’m assuming they’re good to do from what I’ve read.)
-Max out crafting on 2-3 of my characters (possibly more)
-Learn how to gold farm (needed for crafting materials)
-Map Completion (all of it!)
-Max out my Hero Training/Elite Specializations (2-3 of my characters, but I’ll start with one)
-Run all Heart of Thorns Content (I’m having issues navigating the maps solo)
-Max out my Mastery ranks (hard to do with map issues while soloing lol)
-Up my PvP/WvW ranking (no idea where to start on this one)
-Acquire ascended gear (2-3 of my characters if possible)
-Learn how to play Ranger and Mesmer well/acquire the gear necessary I need for each build (I have an 80+ ranger, debating if I should just commit to druid or go with a longbow damage build. I have one 80+ mesmer, and a 51 mesmer. I want one a great sword build, the other a condition damage build)
-Craft a Legendary weapon (Specifically, The Bifrost. Eventually Sunrise or Eternity).
-Explore lvl 80 areas (I’ve only been to Orr once lol)

I know it’s a long list, and these things take a lot of time. Some of these I can’t get a lot of help with, but even nudges in the right direction to get me moving towards one of these goals would be extremely helpful! I also have a lack of people to run content with.

So, anyone who would be willing to help out a 80+ newb learn things about the 80 content, and is potentially looking for a new GW2 friend, please let me know! Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day!

(edited by Yuna.8326)

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Do you think you may be overwhelming yourself with having such a big list of, “Want to Do’s”, that it may be causing you to become anxious and flabbergasted with where or what to start with?

If I was you, I would take your Ranger, find a build that entices you, from either www.metabattle.com or www.qtfy.eu, work towards getting that flesh out and finished.

For content, do your personal story, along with the HoT story. (Maybe the Living Stories if you have those unlocked.)

Going through that content, should give you a understanding of how your character’s build works and a big enough platform to stand on to move onto something like Fractals, since Dungeons nowadays are done for skins mostly.

I would passively work towards your legendary, don’t over focus on it or you’ll get overwhelmed, ect. It takes a while to complete so, you have plenty of time to work on it.

As for crafting, www.gw2crafts.net is a good website to help you plan out how much you need to save in order to max out crafts, since you are a ranger, you will need, Leatherworking/Weaponsmith/Huntsman to cover your needs (For ascended crafting, and you can have more than two crafts on a toon, you just need to pay each time you want to swap to one, since only two can be, “Used” at a time. and you don’t lose progress when you swap.)

Google popular GW2 farms, there are plenty of guides on how to do it, I personally farm Silverwastes, and enjoy it.

Exploration/Map Completion will come after time, but isn’t needed until you go for legendaries, and as I said, work on that passively.

If you have any other questions, hit me up in-game, I wouldn’t mind having another friend, and I will help you with what you need.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would start with Map Completion and Personal Story Completion. Your Ranger should do just fine for those.

Once you finish those, you can decide what you would like to work on next.

Good luck.

Posted by: Yuna.8326

Yuna.8326

Do you think you may be overwhelming yourself with having such a big list of, “Want to Do’s”, that it may be causing you to become anxious and flabbergasted with where or what to start with?

If I was you, I would take your Ranger, find a build that entices you, from either www.metabattle.com or www.qtfy.eu, work towards getting that flesh out and finished.

For content, do your personal story, along with the HoT story. (Maybe the Living Stories if you have those unlocked.)

Going through that content, should give you a understanding of how your character’s build works and a big enough platform to stand on to move onto something like Fractals, since Dungeons nowadays are done for skins mostly.

I would passively work towards your legendary, don’t over focus on it or you’ll get overwhelmed, ect. It takes a while to complete so, you have plenty of time to work on it.

As for crafting, www.gw2crafts.net is a good website to help you plan out how much you need to save in order to max out crafts, since you are a ranger, you will need, Leatherworking/Weaponsmith/Huntsman to cover your needs (For ascended crafting, and you can have more than two crafts on a toon, you just need to pay each time you want to swap to one, since only two can be, “Used” at a time. and you don’t lose progress when you swap.)

Google popular GW2 farms, there are plenty of guides on how to do it, I personally farm Silverwastes, and enjoy it.

Exploration/Map Completion will come after time, but isn’t needed until you go for legendaries, and as I said, work on that passively.

If you have any other questions, hit me up in-game, I wouldn’t mind having another friend, and I will help you with what you need.

I think you described where I’m at perfectly haha. I have all these things I want to do, but I’m unsure where to start.

I think I will definitely start with that! I’ll have to look at builds/figure out how to gear. I don’t have ascended gear so I feel like I’m a bit behind, but perhaps that will also come with time. I’m almost finished with the base personal story I think (Claw Island arc? I know I haven’t hit Scarlet’s arc so yeah). So perhaps in my free time I’ll start with that.

Feel free to add me in game if you wish! I’m going to try to be on later tonight. I have some errands I have to run this afternoon, but I’m hoping to make progress on something this evening. Thanks for the information!

Posted by: teegees.9638

teegees.9638

My suggestion would be to focus on exploring the old world. Harvest everything as you go (esp. mid tier stuff) you’ll need alot raw materials on your way to ascended gear. Mix in doing some of the world bosses while your at it. Search online for “gw2 boss timers” and explore in between bosses, you can get rewards for each once a day.

You might also try dropping into Silverwastes from time to time. It’s a little harder and perhaps a bit confusing at first but the rewards are very nice once you get into the flow of things. Silverwastes & world bosses are my go to activities for gold. Though you can make decent gold doing anything.

This should get you going on knocking out map completion, crafting, ascended gear, and rounding out your skills.

Tips:
-Fun is the priority so buy yourself the gear you feel you need.
-If you have some gems available buy an increase to your material stacks.
-In the long run though you’ll be best served by building up your crafting and luck(magic find).
-Research prices and drop rates(on wiki). Sometimes it’s worthwhile to buy and salvage greens/blues instead of raw materials. Even if it cost a little extra the luck is nice to have.
-Salvage every green/blue you find (use blue salvage kits).
-When you get a yellow check the AH price. If it’s worth more than a ectoplasm sell it. -Otherwise salvage it with mystic or master’s kit.
-Take the sigils/runes to the mystic forge and combine them.
-When you get an exotic check its price on the AH and the price of any sigil/rune it contains. If the sigil/rune is worth nearly the same (or more) as the item consider salvaging it with a black lion kit.
-Otherwise sell the exotic if its worth a gold or more. If less salvage with a mystic/master’s kit.
-I’m not sure if this still works but you can make extra money on dungeons by:
Trading tokens for the cheapest exotic items and salvaging them with a mystic, master’s, or black lion kit. Sometimes you’ll get an exotic inscription/insignia which sells well or can save you money with the final crafting tier.
See here for right stat combinations: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ww50x/eli5_how_to_make_money_with_dungeon_tokens/

(edited by teegees.9638)

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I don’t have ascended gear so I feel like I’m a bit behind, but perhaps that will also come with time.

Just to add. You absolutely do not need Ascended gear unless / until you get into high level fractals, which may or may not ever appeal to you. Don’t feel behind. The difference between Exotic and Ascended is very minimal. The game is balanced around exotics.

Having said that, you may eventually work towards that gear. It does take a long time and a significant gold investment so it does serve as a good long term goal. When you do start, I would recommend starting with trinkets (rings, amulet etc.) first. Then weapons, then armor last.