I need some friends :(

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dadiris.7182

Dadiris.7182

guys, i just started to play in a week, but i didn’t see ANY people doing quests together, the ones i found didn’t accepted group and the guilds i entered didn’t cared much about me, i’m tired to play alone, is anyone here that also likes to play in group and do quests together? please send me a message in game, my home server is Vabbi

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

U sured picked the wrong server mate :|

Dadiris.7182

yeah, i know that, but i couldn’t know that the server was so empty

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Guest to a higher population server, you can use this feature on the character selection screen for free.

I recommend selecting one of the full servers to guest to.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Here is something that might help you

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Operation-Union-Bringing-Players-Together-2/page/2#post3708347

Also, since you are new- keep in mind that if you delete your characters you can transfer for free.
Happy adventuring

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Also on the 18th some servers will be free to transfer to because of the upcoming WvW Season.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

If you only just started playing I think you can transfer for free but you’ll have to start playing from scratch again.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Also on the 18th some servers will be free to transfer to because of the upcoming WvW Season.

For real?

I quit a couple years ago and just recently came back and found I was on a completely different server than my husband’s account (we used to swap around before server transfers became paid). I was hoping to get him back into the game but he doesn’t want to since he wants to WvW together.

Deleting isn’t an option, I have three 80s and he has two. Wonder if we could both move to one of the open servers. :P Good to know that!

I definitely feel the OP here, it’s been difficult to even find a guild or people to talk to, you don’t see people recruiting all that often on the lower populated servers.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

For real?

I quit a couple years ago and just recently came back and found I was on a completely different server than my husband’s account (we used to swap around before server transfers became paid). I was hoping to get him back into the game but he doesn’t want to since he wants to WvW together.

Deleting isn’t an option, I have three 80s and he has two. Wonder if we could both move to one of the open servers. :P Good to know that!

I definitely feel the OP here, it’s been difficult to even find a guild or people to talk to, you don’t see people recruiting all that often on the lower populated servers.

Keep in mind you can pay for a server transfer with gold. This can take a little while depending on how much you play, but tier 6 crafting material sells for a lot (and you can buy the loot bags from the karma vendor from doing the daily and monthly). If you have a few level 80s you may find that together you can get the gold to transfer ASAP! This is how I paid for my transfer to my guild’s server when I eventually gave in and decided I wanted to WvW with my guild. XD

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

Some servers will be free, some 800 gems and…some very expensive at 2400 gems. These are based on WvW, which is not the indicator of everything that goes on in any particular server.

Guest on servers that interest you. Find where you are happiest and only then transfer.

Dadiris.7182

my god i guested to 2 different servers and invited over 9000 people for group and they all declined, they were doing the same quest that i was doing, do you gain more exp for doing quests alone or something?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

For the most part, I played GW2 solo (only interacted with others when there were people at the same event), and talked to my guildies in chat.

A party kinda means more commitment to traveling together (which works a lot better in a traditional MMO with quests and straight linear progression). With GW2, the person you’re with may have already done the thing you want to do, so at times, it may not make sense to party and then talk about what you want to do next (because you two could have entirely separate things done).

A party member killing things for you in a heart region does not contribute to your finish either I believe. You would still have to hit everything, it doesn’t necessarily speed things up. Event wise, it can be advantageous. But many are short, so once it finishes, everyone goes their merry way to whatever they want to explore next.

The only way I have enjoyed partying to play PvE content with (that was non dungeons) was if we both had nothing done. That way we didn’t have to discuss where to go, and merely did whatever, and both benefitted.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I can understand how you feel, particularly if you have come from a more standard MMO, there is very little need for a party unless you intend to do dungeons, as everyone that takes part in an event gets rewarded whether they are in a party of not. I normally run solo as it is what I enjoy and if I end up teaming up with someone for an event I rarely party with them, just give a thanks afterwards and then we go our own ways.

However what I have noticed is the tendency for someone who is doing the same event as me to just send a party invite, which I just decline there is never any attempt to whisper me before the invite is sent to find out if I want to join them in a party.

So the best advise I can give is try and find a guild that you can help you (regularly check the guild recruitment page on the forums to check if there is one that sounds good to you), and always, ask if another person wants to be in a party before you send the invite.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

To get in a party, it is typically a good idea to ask in map chat if anyone wants to group up with you rather than sending out a party invite to random players.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Tee Rhythmz.5813

Tee Rhythmz.5813

I use to play on that server , it was horrible , try switching servers , I’m on tarnish coast now and it’s pretty fun

Posted by: Tee Rhythmz.5813

Tee Rhythmz.5813

Add me if you like I’m keen to play , I’m still new myself

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Dadiris before you get too far into the game, if you delete all your characters you transfer server for free, something to consider.

Desolation is a good PvE/Living Story server.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Switch to Crystal Desert, we’re probably going to have free transfers on the 18th. My guild CODE is always doing group events and having fun. You won’t have a problem finding people to do stuff with in our guild.

Dadiris.7182

well, i can’t delete characters, i have 2 characters lvl 28, 33 and some ll 10, with 7 gold coins and some stuff, about the party, i love to explore maps, but for some reason my character’s level don’t match the maps i go, the mobs are always stronger than me, so if i had someone with me there, i wouldn’t have died, about the quests, you just have to hit monter until half health and change target, you partner just need to finish the work and you’ll do the quest way faster (and less boring) play solo seems like you’re on ps3 it’s really bad, it’s a shame you guys don’t think the same

(edited by Dadiris.7182)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

If you delete your characters you won’t lose your stuff if you put it all in your bank- same with your money.
Server does make a huge difference in how the game feels

There are several zones for each couple of levels so just check on the zone level and go anywhere that matches your level

most people don’t really party for hearts/ exploring unless they are leveling together from scratch- I often run into someone and we do some stuff together but it is never in a party- this game is very free in that you can jump in an out of stuff on a whim anywhere- so being in a party is sometimes limiting to people, because it affects your pace.

That does not mean that people don’t interact with each other, because they do.
But you don’t have to be in a party to talk to other players.

At big events people do party up

Gunnar’s Hold