I need some help guys, i just dont have fps

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alta.7025

Alta.7025

Hi
i need your help in case of nowadays the game became unenjoyable for me due to very low fps
months ago i had more with higher settings

i have radeon r7 370 graphic card (2gb)
amd a8 -6600k (4x 3,9ghz)
8 gb ram

so my hardware must be more than enough, other games with higher graphic quality and higher settings can run with more fps…

how can i improve my fps?

Attachments:

Posted by: Cosbuster.4379

Cosbuster.4379

I remember shaders on high killing the framerate on my previous GPU, they don’t even look that good, everything just gets glossy. I’d go with medium, maybe try disabling ambient occlusion as well.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

the best thing you can only do right now given your low end specs computer that you have given the specs on . is to just put every thing to low settings and hope for better frame rates that way .

till such time your able to upgrade your system . and if your able to upgrade your low end video card right now . the best cards for the price that are not over priced right now is the NVidia 1050 video card . https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487291

other wise it is best to set and wait for when a better video card goes on sale . also the amd cpu,s like the 8320 and 8350 are priced very low these days . other than this is the best Information I can give you good luck

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Smeerlap.2698

Smeerlap.2698

Here are my setting with a R7 370 card, i run a 6 year old i7 960 intel cpu – 3.2Ghz and 16Gb memory.

This is a clear zone, with 20-30 players i have 40-60 fps average.

Attachments:

Alta.7025

i tried with everything on the most lowest and in a random clear openworld map i had 40… impossible…

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

First step: remove antialiasing
Second step: try to see if playing in full screen mode makes it better
Third step: lower character model limit and character model quality to lowest

If you are still having problems then you’d probably need to figure out where your bottleneck is. Check your cpu/ram/gpu/vram usage to find out where the problem is.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Setting thats prob hitting you the hardest is Char Model limit
Make this low or it’s pretty much like being in a zerg seeing 100ppl all the time
huge fps boost the game is very cpu intense tho that video card not helping

also change the max fps to 30 will feel less up and downs
and if you can stand it lower the res to 720p/768p but that prob not native so might not look good

If you are looking for a cheap replacement there are r7 250x 2gb that is under 80$

And it don’t matter if other games play better this is a mmorpg you are seeing 100000x more models and spell effect than them games

(edited by Valky.2574)

Posted by: Josh.4016

Josh.4016

You’d be best off to replace the CPU, even with a used one AMD processors before Ryzen are quite bad for single threaded applications. A Ryzen 1600, cheap motherboard, and some ddr4 clocked around 3200 will yield good economical improvements. You could snag a used 7970, 280, or 290 and play 1080p and should be able to max most games out.

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

I am using an old Asus laptop that running a i5 4200U CPU and a GT745M graphics card. Used to have a lot of problems but other “help” websites lead me to “Reshade”..
Works amazingly well for me and my fps only drops, occasionally, in some big blob WvW fights.
Worth a look at the website..

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

Hi
i need your help in case of nowadays the game became unenjoyable for me due to very low fps
months ago i had more with higher settings

i have radeon r7 370 graphic card (2gb)
amd a8 -6600k (4x 3,9ghz)
8 gb ram

so my hardware must be more than enough, other games with higher graphic quality and higher settings can run with more fps…

how can i improve my fps?

Remove shadows, lower the resolution, lower everything. Welcome to 2002, but hey atleast you should have good FPS.

If that doesn’t work , then there must be some problem with your hardware.
Overheating maybe?

little big wizard – Eu

Alta.7025

Overheating can be a possible problem. And for the guy who said its an mmo cmon 1000 ppl everywhere…. yeah, i have better performance in TERA and black desert (much higher graphics so wtf) . Now im playing with so low settings, looks like wow 10 years ago… ugly af, cant see my 6 ghostly etc… unfortunately i dont really have money no, so i cant buy anything, but i need a new cpu i guess

Posted by: Elva.6372

Elva.6372

All these are FPS killers for less robust machines:

-Shaders
-Reflection
-Anti-Aliasing
-Shadows
-Post Processing
-Ambient Occlusion
-Texture Filtering

I run the game in Wine on Linux, I keep the game looking good but I do LOWER the above settings, some are off: reflections, shadows, for example…

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Hey elva – running it on vine – can you tell me if it works with HoT?

Posted by: Elva.6372

Elva.6372

Hey elva – running it on vine – can you tell me if it works with HoT?

My Necro is playing through the HoT expansion at the moment, I did notice that the Maguuma Jungle is much more graphics intensive, but outside of some FPS hits, it runs fine for me.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

nice! ty for the info:)