I only want to play human. Am I missing out?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: schdnfrd.6398

schdnfrd.6398

I really like to play my own race. The thing is, this game is so rich with the other races and I feel like I’m missing out. My question is this: other than the personal storylines that are set in the character creation screen, are there any race specific PSs that I may miss because I like my own kind? TY in advance.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

My main character is human because I like the home map area and the look. However, I have played Norn, Asura and Sylvari up to around lvl 20.

I can tell you that the experience is very different. Not only are the Personal stories considerably different but the entire culture feels different.

I would recommend starting with human and just test out a few of the other races. The culture of the Asura race is really cute and humorous. I hated the Sylvari cities. They were beautiful but so complex to navigate. Norn is very humanish but all snowy.

Posted by: InsanityPlea.9163

InsanityPlea.9163

Personally, I’ve stuck with Norn. I’ve even brought my new toons over to the Norn areas to level up. The city I hate most is actually Rata Sum. I fell threw the hole at the bottom of the city and took about 12,000 damage.

On my level 2 Asura.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

The hell are you talking about? His name is Schadenfreude without the vowels.

OP, missing out is a question of taste. Sylvari storylines are somewhat serious and also emotional. Asura storylines are along the mad genius line with a lot of snark. Norn storylines are centered around proving yourself, and also sometimes funny. I haven’t played much Charr yet, but I think they’re all somewhat military-themed and about the companionship with your warband. So if you really like any of these things, then yes, you’re missing out. If not, then you aren’t.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

The city I hate most is actually Rata Sum. I fell threw the hole at the bottom of the city and took about 12,000 damage.

On my level 2 Asura.

ROFL, but you can’t deny the conversations in the Asura areas are so funny. The Asurans aren’t much for personal safety with their Thermonulclear reactors and dangerous experiments.

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

his name atm Look highly like a bot name Just saying

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

OPs name looks like a condensed “schadenfreude” to me. Just sayin’.

And as for if you’re missing out… I’d have to say “of course !” If you like stories and interesting characters, that is. If you don’t care about that element of the game, probably not so much.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I only play humans and norns. Play what you like. I tried the other races and didn’t like any of them either, for what its worth.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

No you’re not missing out.
I’ve tried all the races and eventually came back to Humans.
I now have 8 Humans, 1 for each profession with no regrets.

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

I play as few humans as possible. I made one just out of obligation and can’t motivate myself to even try him.

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

I prefer not to play humans in a game, I see them everyday! I stick with Norn, I love having tattoos and the hair choices. All female human faces look like a little girl, no matter how much I change (imo).

As far as missing out, I think really it’s only the personal story. You can go to each city and do all the quests to experience the race.

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

psst, Asura, Asura, Asura

I’ve tried all races, really tried hard…but keep deleting and making Asura’s. Everyone is different and has their own personal preferences, but there is just something about these little ones that are a blast for me to play.

On the falling note, well, I can tell you it is (or at least was) possible to go over the edge of Rata Sum….the landing, well, more a splat. How can a lvl 3 endure 60k+ damage? They can’t and the screams she made on the way down, well, now if I hop off a fence she screams with the memories. Best fall damage I’ve accomplished so far.

Posted by: gduber.9756

gduber.9756

The only reason I don’t play a human female toon is that the models are so small compared to Norn females. Norn women are just so big and Amazon-like.