I've been out for almost a year...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: farage.9215

farage.9215

Q:

And i wanna know if its worth coming back?
Mainly when it comes to endgame content.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

A:

There are more difficult world bosses, a new dungeon path and some more fractals. There are also some new games mechanics put in, a few new healing skills and traits. It can sound like a lot but when you actually play it isn’t much.

It all depends if you feel a few new fractals or some difficult world bosses,where you rely often on all the other people in the region and instance to play really well, are enough to hold your interest. I wouldn’t bother counting any other new content as it comes down to a few activities and a jumping puzzle.

Not to be too cynical, maybe after the chinese release more permanent dynamic event, quest, story, dungeons or zones will be released.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can look at the Releases…Top of Page. Good luck.

farage.9215

You can look at the Releases…Top of Page. Good luck.

I did, but don’t get me wrong, it’s just that when it comes to game content i like to hear what the players have to say, instead of those who are trying to sell their product.
It’s usually more trustful.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. Then don’t come to the forums.

Try in-game. It’s free.

farage.9215

Lol. Then don’t come to the forums.

Try in-game. It’s free.

Its at 1% for a hour now.
As i said, friend, it’s been a YEAR since i don’t log-in.

Attachments:

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would suggest just giving it a try. No one here can really answer your question without more info from you. You didn’t state at all any interest you usually have for these sorts of games or what you normally consider worthy as “endgame content”.

For myself I have completed world complete on all 8 classes as well as their personal stories. So right now while I am waiting for more classes/races to come out I am just mucking about doing PvP (for the achievements) and WvW (again for the achievements). Personally for me that’s enough right now until more content comes out. However having said that I am also playing another game as well (a sub) mainly because it has a ton of content, probably more so than this game will take 10 years to push out. But that game is such a grindy game so it gets boring fast. But that’s why I play the WvW and Pvp here, for that fun adrenaline rush game style.

Summary: try again and if need be play another game along side this one if this one is not enough for you.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you are downloading, then you have already decided to ‘come back’. How long you stay will likely be determined by what you find in-game that tickles your fancy. To see what is currently available, you can check what’s been released. If you don’t like the Release pages, the wiki has the same information, and it’s non-partisan. Lol.

As for the 1%, pay attention only to ‘Files Remaining’, rather than the percentage.

Welcome return, and good luck. =)

Posted by: Sirjbenson.7298

Sirjbenson.7298

You’d have to play it to see for yourself. It’s all about opinions on the forums. Some people love the changes that have been made over the last year, other’s absolutely hate them.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Yes, yes it is.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

There has been tonnes of new content added…

but you can’t play it because it was temporary.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

^ this. And they even started to remove purchasable weapon skins.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yep one of my many pet peeves about the game.

The ferocity didn’t cure the zerker problem and the new traits didn’t make the trait system anymore diverse.

I hope you have a level 80 there OP.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The ferocity didn’t cure the zerker problem and the new traits didn’t make the trait system anymore diverse.

And this is why you don’t come to the forum to know how the games going, us forum dwellers you see are mostly here to voice our complaints (or just pulled like 8 hours in GW2… so tired) or thoughts on possible improvements.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

-Megaservers with more spambots than ever
-Guild missions have become alsmost impossible
-No real end game content only temp. throw away zerg in a circle content has been released
-New reactor fractal is bugged and dull
-New skins on the gem shop are still uglier than a Ettins face without make up or they just recycle old skins (Flamekissed)
-Get ignored by Anet, no matter how loud or reasonably you scream they simply wont listen to you
-RP is dead
-Less ways to make money, basically goldsellers will become more popular with this
-Living story season 2 is coming altough most players absolutely hated it

And these are only a few things you “missed”

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

And this is why you don’t come to the forum to know how the games going, us forum dwellers you see are mostly here to voice our complaints (or just pulled like 8 hours in GW2… so tired) or thoughts on possible improvements.

I post thoughts about possible improvements all the time. If you’ve checked my history you’d known that. You’d also have known that not only did I download and start playing again since the newest feature pack has come out but that I also spend plenty of time in the game daily and that I check every article every post every news piece I can on the future of this game while playing to offer a viewpoint many don’t have, one with a long historical reference to what has already been done in mmo development history. Trust and believe I do my homework, have you or do you simply play the game all day and then attack people in the forums when we present views that oppose yours?

Future posters on this thread or others: Watch out, people are attacking posters again if you say the slightest negative thing. It’s begun, we’re somehow the devil if we mention that these things aren’t up to par with a standard AAA title or when we post what we’ve seen in previous titles that worked so much better than what’s coming out in this one. You’ll most likely be accused of not playing at all, not giving good fresh ideas on solutions, or my personal favorite, being a hater, because you know we spend time in the forums of this game trying to get the developers to hear us or log in daily to see what’s changed and what hasn’t because we hate the game so much that we waste our time trying to help. >.>

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

lol Tigirius. Why put out a warning when its actually a given? You can find people posting their surprise when it doesn’t happen!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

farage.9215

I can now see clearly why some of you tried to avoid answering the question.
Will give it another try, since i feel like starting out from scratch, but without too much expectation, really.
Thank you all for the honest replies.