I would like to buy Exotic Celestial gear ...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

I have been checking TP but can’t find a single piece of Exotic celestial gear. There are all other stats available with exception of celestial. Is just my bad luck or celestial gear is no longer available? I know it has been removed from PvP Amulets, but not sure about pve and WvW.

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

You can only acquire celestial gear through crafting. Celestial gear becomes account bound upon creation thus it cannot be sold on the tp or mailed to other players.
Iwill warn you that the time gate is pretty heavy.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia Is the wiki for the celestial insignia as well as how to acquire it.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Celestial gear is account bound only; you have to make it yourself. You’ll need to buy the recipes for each piece of gear and the insignia/inscription. In addition, you need to “charge” 5 quartz crystals per piece: you can make one charged quartz per day at a place of power (requires 25 plain quartz per charged quartz).

Since the time gate is substantial, many consider it worthwhile to skip exotics and start building ascended instead — by stat swapping gear with other stats, you only need the recipes for the exotic insignia and inscription. Higher cost, but better value for the effort.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I believe it is account bound which is why you don’t see it for sale. Also it seems to only be acquired by crafting or the lucky drop. I salvaged a piece once and got a Celestial Insignia that was account bound so I could not sell it.

See Equipment Acquisition on the wiki.

Sifu.9745

Thank you very much, guys. At least i can buy all 5 ascended trinkets for Laurels. I am not very much of a crafting guy, i need to think about is it worth my time and gold …

Btw, any idea why celestial gear is account bound? Is there any specific reasons behind? Also i can’t find Mender stats on TP, if i wanna go more healing oriented build on my Elementalist …

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thank you very much, guys. At least i can buy all 5 ascended trinkets for Laurels. I am not very much of a crafting guy, i need to think about is it worth my time and gold …

Btw, any idea why celestial gear is account bound? Is there any specific reasons behind? Also i can’t find Mender stats on TP, if i wanna go more healing oriented build on my Elementalist …

ANet never really said why they did this. One of our frequent posters on all things related to markets|economy|trading has speculated that ANet was running a controlled test to prepare for the future account binding of things like ascended crafting (where source materials can be traded but the finished product cannot). In the context of other such (suspected) experiments, I’m inclined to agree.

If you’re strictly PvE, though, I don’t recommend investing in healing stat-oriented builds — Elementalist can do quite a lot of burst healing via water. And generally, in this game, aggressive tactics (high DPS, low durability) work much better: in effect, shorter fights means you don’t have to survive for very long. And it turns out that the game offers quite a lot of active defense: dodge, blocks, blinds, reflects, and retaliation.

To give you some ideas of other strategies & builds, take a look at MetaBattle (Fractal section for aggressive builds, WvW roamer|backline for more durable ones, even if you don’t fractal or wvw).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

Why would you want celestial gear? Not mocking really wondering…

Sifu.9745

I just want to test it how it suits my playstyle For certain occasions only: like WvW or solo open world. And i only have in mind Elementalist, cause i can’t think of any other profession who can use it without downside. Maybe engie or guardian with some specific builds?
It’s not that i must get the celestial gear, but if there would be an opportunity to get it for very little effort, like buying it for gold or laurels, i would take it. But since i need to craft it …

@Illconceived Was Na, thx again.

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

pst this way whispers a lanky figure in the shadows of a dark alley with rotten apples lying on the ground I can get ya celestial gear… :P

Ele is the class that can best use it. I have some, mainly accessories. I wouldnt go 100% celestial, but – it definitely isn’t wasted on Ele like it would be with other classes. Esp in Open World/WvW.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Celestial is not nearly as amazing as it once was, both due to nerfs, as well as the introduction of 4-stat gear & additional stats (concentration & expertise) which celestial does not include.

I’ve heard good things about celestial ele & engineer, but it’s still very niche gear, and probably in most situations you’ll be able to perform just as well, if not better, by having two sets of gear with stats tailored to a specific playstyle, which you can easily swap between on the fly – perhaps ascended celestial accessories and then an armor/weapon set each for a highly offensive and more defensive/support role.

Good luck to you either way =)

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Since you WvW, I’d suggest using tickets to buy Armour. You get to chose from all core and HoT stats, iirc.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Probably because it’s a Jack of all Trades, though a master of none. When you’re not sure what part of a class you like more, you can just experiment. I can see the value of taking celestial as a primary armor should Anet release content that forces you to constantly swap tactics.