If i delete all my characters ...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelos.3789

Angelos.3789

Q:

Hello everyone , i want to know if i delete all my characters to switch to another server i lose all the items i got in bank ?
I asking because i have some legendary/ascended items(because its say account bound) and i want to use on my new character !

Thanks 4 the help!!

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

A:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_world#Home_world

“You also can transfer without cost if you delete all your existing characters. The next time you log on without any characters, you will be prompted to choose a new home world.

4. Items left on the characters will be deleted and cannot be restored. Move items to your personal account bank to preserve them.

5. Items in the guild bank will remain in the guild bank on your previous world. Move items to your personal account bank to preserve them. "

Your account bank should be safe.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

In your account bank? Or your guild bank?

Your account bank is bound to your account, so anything in there would be safe if you switch servers.

Your guild bank is server-specific for now, but come Sep 9th, all guild banks will be across servers, so anything in there will become available regardless of which server you’re on. (As long as you don’t leave the guild!)

Posted by: Angelos.3789

Angelos.3789

i mean my account bank if i delete all characters will lose the items inside it ?

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Your account bank is bound to your account, so anything in there would be safe if you switch servers.

Your guild bank is server-specific for now, but come Sep 9th, all guild banks will be across servers, so anything in there will become available regardless of which server you’re on. (As long as you don’t leave the guild!)

Oh no , lol,,,I have to rethink quickly , I have a 2 man guild, my friend is on another server and I actually hide stuff from him in my guild bank, ekkkk now he will be able to access it ? Not that I don’t trust him , but he does have the tendency to “borrow” items

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Oh no , lol,,,I have to rethink quickly , I have a 2 man guild, my friend is on another server and I actually hide stuff from him in my guild bank, ekkkk now he will be able to access it ? Not that I don’t trust him , but he does have the tendency to “borrow” items

You can make another guild with a 50 slot vault, just for you. He doesn’t need to know about it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So you have quite some character and even Legendarys .. but you want to delete them
all instead just buy the server transfer ? I think you could much quicker farm the money
for that than releveling and regearing all those chars.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

While this is good question, where are you trying to transfer to?

Don’t do something rash (like deleting all your characters) for a free transfer, just to find out you are in the hopeless situation of trying to move to a server that is perpetually FULL. Note that server population is NOT a function of how many players are logged onto the game via that Server at any one time, but is based on the TOTAL number of players that are assigned to that Server already. Players logging in and out has NO effect on whether the server is FULL or not.

To transfer successfully to a high-population server the following must happen:

• A player from that Server must LEAVE that server to open up a slot.
    AND
  • You must somehow time your transfer exactly when that slot frees up
    WHILE
  • Beating out the potential hundreds if not thousands of other players also trying to transfer to that Server.

Note that Anet CAN (and has) oppened up max population on some servers but I seriously doubt they will do this with a high population Server (or at least the number of additional available slots will be quite limited). They usually do this during the weeks before a new WvW season (like right now) and accompany this with discounts for transferring to lower population servers (and hiking the prices for transfers to high population ones). I have not seen any announcement of this type of thing lately (but I’m not looking to transfer, either).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)