Jackalope event and heart NPC rewards?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

I just completed the event in Wayfarer Foothills to kill the veteran jotun (after collecting piles of fur for Linnea and then defending her as she chases the jackalope) and I’m sure there used to be a small chest you could open afterwards in the little hut the jotun is found in. Has this been removed, or am I imagining things?

Also, I took some months break and upon returning, have noticed that many heart NPCs no longer offer rewards. I’ve seen this on different characters, whether downleved or at an appropriate level for the area, in all different areas and on different servers. There simply aren’t any rewards to purchase, and all you see on the buy tab is items from your own inventory to sell. Can anyone please tell me if this was a planned change and, if so, why?

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I can’t answer you on your first query.

As for the second, it’s a graphical glitch. Go to the selling tab and then back to the shop tab, and it’ll fix itself.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure about the Jackalope event. I’ve done it several times at different points since launch but I don’t remember a chest. There is a chest nearby in the Jotun potato farm though, guarded by another veteran and a lot of people will get that after the Jackalope event.

But the Heart vendor thing is a bug. If you click on the sell tab and then back to buy it will show their actual merchandise.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Verdelet.3812

Thanks Falunel, I’ll try that. Thought there was something odd happening because it never happened in the past.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Verdelet.3812

I’m not sure about the Jackalope event. I’ve done it several times at different points since launch but I don’t remember a chest. There is a chest nearby in the Jotun potato farm though, guarded by another veteran and a lot of people will get that after the Jackalope event.

Yeah there’s a chest in that farm but I’m sure there was a small one in the hut also, after killing him. Maybe I’m remembering a different area, didn’t think so though. Thanks for the help.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t remember ever seeing a chest for that event. Maybe you are thinking of the chest that is slightly north of that at Haivoissen Kenning which is also guarded by a veteran jotun.

The second thing is just a bug. Switch to the sell tab and switch back and it will have the normal list of stuff to buy.

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

the jackalope achievement has many spawning areas, as do all the transformation achievements from the skritt burglar chests.

check Dulfy.net they have lists of all the possible locations of the chests if your achievement hunting.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

the jackalope achievement has many spawning areas, as do all the transformation achievements from the skritt burglar chests.

check Dulfy.net they have lists of all the possible locations of the chests if your achievement hunting.

The jackalope achievement is unrelated. They were asking about this event:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protect_Linnea_as_she_hunts_for_the_yeti

I should be writing.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I’ve been playing since beta and it has never had a chest. And the karma merchant thing is a bug that they should fix.

Event chests have only come from champs, not ‘dynamic’ events. There are 4 static chests in Wayfarer’s.
South to North:
1. Son’s of Svanir cave Hirbadd’s Camp in Outcast’s Cleft
2. Jotun Potato farm at Haivoissen Kennig
3. Jumping puzzle Shamans Rookery
4. Son’s of Svanir hideout south of Crossroads Haven

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Nah, I’m pretty sure that event never had a chest. I think you’re misremembering it with the chest in Haivossen Kenning (with the potato node farm).