Lunar New Year Worthy Items?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: noobism.8420

noobism.8420

This is my first Lunar New Year and played Dragonball last night for a few rounds. I really enjoyed Mad King and Wintersday, but this seems kind of lame.

I’m an AP kitten, so I’ll do enough of the events to get the Festival AP points, but is there any cool item that I’m not noticing, or is there a particular item to farm during this festival? I checked Dulfy and saw some new dyes on the gem store and a rooster backpack and harvester (not interested at all). I’m talking about the cool weapon skins from Mad King or something like Winter’s Presence or the Infusion from Wintersday.

Thanks for any help.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think, other than maybe AP, most just purchase the Envelopes for sale, and hope for the best.

It’s just a little Festival in-between. You can read all about it in the Wiki (link above).

Good luck.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The random rare weapon drops from black lion chests are now the Crimson Lion and Phoenix skins. Complete RNG as to if you get one and which one that would be, and of course you have to gather keys one way or another, and to me they are hideously overwrought clunky skins, but hey, it’s something.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every LNY, there will be a new backpack (in two variations: rare & exotic, the first can be promoted to the second in the forge; both avail on TP or as random drops from divine envelopes).

Some of the foods are considered Best-in-Game for certain builds/situations and there’s a new dye set, with six new exclusive colors.

Other than that, you’re right: this is a lighter festival than the other two. Just something to color up a map until the next big thing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

LNY has never been a big festival for getting new shinies. Its basically just there to gamble a bit and possibly make some gold. Halloween and Wintersday are the “big” festivals. LNY is a “minor” one.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

LNY has never been a big festival for getting new shinies. Its basically just there to gamble a bit and possibly make some gold. Halloween and Wintersday are the “big” festivals. LNY is a “minor” one.

Halloween is a “miner” one, if you’re keen on gathering lots of Candy Corn
(I know: not a major difference; I only mention it for general knowledge, for people who want that extra kernel of truth.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Usually players buy the 1g envelopes and when the festival is over they overcharge their magic find and open them, hopefully for profit. Plus you get a ton of magic find boosting food and fireworks.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

noobism.8420

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks, all!

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I will note too that even if the thought of opening the Divine Envelopes to gamble for gold isn’t something you want to do, you should still buy the max amount of them every day, and sell them on the Trading Post to others who do want to gamble. Depending on the pricing and whether you want to list them as sell orders or just take the guarantee of filling buy orders, you should be able to make a 15-25 silver profit after TP taxes are accounted for per envelope, which will work out to 2-4 gold per day’s set of envelopes. Over a two week festival, that’s 28-56 gold, which is nothing to sneeze at.

noobism.8420

I will note too that even if the thought of opening the Divine Envelopes to gamble for gold isn’t something you want to do, you should still buy the max amount of them every day, and sell them on the Trading Post to others who do want to gamble. Depending on the pricing and whether you want to list them as sell orders or just take the guarantee of filling buy orders, you should be able to make a 15-25 silver profit after TP taxes are accounted for per envelope, which will work out to 2-4 gold per day’s set of envelopes. Over a two week festival, that’s 28-56 gold, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks for that! Made 3g tonight in about a minute!

Xiahou Mao.9701

Now keep it up, and make 3 gold each night for the rest of the festival. Yay money!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The only worthy item is the great lucky envelope
costs 1g, sells for 1g40s
you can buy 16 a day
thats a few free gold everyday
don’t bother opening them, though

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or do bother opening them, if you enjoy doing so. You could be lucky. I’ve made more Gold off opening them, than I would have just selling them. You don’t really need to be very lucky to, at least, get your Gold back.

Amaimon.7823

Or do bother opening them, if you enjoy doing so. You could be lucky. I’ve made more Gold off opening them, than I would have just selling them. You don’t really need to be very lucky to, at least, get your Gold back.

When i previewed the items all I saw were trophys worth 66s (or something like that) and trash items in the common slot. I figured if items of such low value even perpetuate the highest rarity slot, the chances of making more than a few silver are too slim to bother

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You must have been looking in or at the wrong item.

Every Divine Lucky Envelope has a guaranteed item worth either 88 Silver 88 Copper, or sometimes worth 8 Gold 88 Silver 88 Copper, or equivalent. Plus, 2 other items. The 2 Backpacks drop in the other 2 slots, as well as food (some of which sells for 25 Silver), Fireworks, and Luck, of course.

No envelopes contain a Trophy worth 66 Silver, which would be nice (for the free envelopes). It’s all based on Lucky 8. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Amaimon.7823

You must have been looking in or at the wrong item.

Every Divine Lucky Envelope has a guaranteed item worth either 88 Silver 88 Copper, or sometimes worth 8 Gold 88 Silver 88 Copper, or equivalent. Plus, 2 other items. The 2 Backpacks drop in the other 2 slots, as well as food (some of which sells for 25 Silver), Fireworks, and Luck, of course.

No envelopes contain a Trophy worth 66 Silver, which would be nice (for the free envelopes). It’s all based on Lucky 8. =)

sorry, I meant 8, though, where I said 6.
so you’re guaranteed to lose 11s and 12 copper on the envelope? when by selling it directly I’m guiaranteed to win ~20-25s

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As I said above, do open them if one enjoys doing so. It takes little luck to come out ahead.

For those like you, the Trading Post is an option.

Good luck, or not.

Amaimon.7823

As I said above, do open them if one enjoys doing so. It takes little luck to come out ahead.

For those like you, the Trading Post is an option.

Good luck, or not.

I tried one session.
Opened 16 envelopes. 12 chickens worth 88s and some junk. A lot of magic, though, 5 of those 500 tokens.
In the end i bought 16g of envelopes and i think i made about 13-14g back. Perhaps an unlucky roll, but enough for me to say ill just continue selling them on the TP

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And, for me, the last 3 days I’ve gotten either 15 (once) or 16 (twice) Golden Rooster Figurines, and a Ornamental Golden Trophy (all 3 days). I’ve also received, over the course of this year’s Lunar New Year, 4 Lucky Rooster Lanterns and 1 Lucky Great Rooster Lantern. Plus, of course, a lot of Essences of Luck, all the foods, and all the fireworks.

It may be the difference in Magic Find; I don’t know what you buff yours up to when opening Divine Lucky Envelopes.

Good luck, though. =)

Xiahou Mao.9701

I’m just sitting on all my envelopes, to take them into a massive opening orgy at the end of the event, so I only have to buff my Magic Find once. There will be many fireworks in the Silverwastes when the time comes to open!

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

GW1 New year and dragon festive was far superior to Gw2’s

Xiahou Mao.9701

Yes, I’m certainly looking forward to the GW1 Canthan New Year Festival starting on Monday, wherein I can stand a character AFK on a corner ring and watch my platinum tick away.