Mesmer or Necromancer?

Mesmer or Necromancer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ericio.3124

Ericio.3124

I’m going to level up a new character and I was wondering whether it would be a mesmer or necromancer if i’m going to focus on pvp and wvw. I heard that necro sucks in pvp but i recently tried it and i can easily win most 1v1s, while i have trouble with my mesmer which is supposedly the best duelist. Any help is appreciated.

Mesmer or Necromancer?

Posted by: Aniltiger.9186

Aniltiger.9186

One profession isn’t better or worse than the other. It all comes down to how engaged you are with your profession and how much you enjoy playing it.

Personally I play a mesmer and have played a mesmer since the beginning of gw2. Most people say that mesmer is one of ther harder profession to master. They lack in DPS overall, quite badly if you ask me, but they have a lot of strong utilities. Such as reflect, boonstipping/copying. Lot’s of stuns and daze and stealth. So even if they are squishy, they also have a lot of skills which make them hard to target.

I also have a necromancer but I get bored with her quite easy.
So I would recomend trying mesmer, but you will most likely need some practise before you can say you’re good at it.

(edited by Aniltiger.9186)

Mesmer or Necromancer?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m going to level up a new character and I was wondering whether it would be a mesmer or necromancer if i’m going to focus on pvp and wvw. I heard that necro sucks in pvp but i recently tried it and i can easily win most 1v1s, while i have trouble with my mesmer which is supposedly the best duelist. Any help is appreciated.

Whoever told you that is wrong. Necro is great in PvP but not a great choice in many ways for PvE.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Mesmer or Necromancer?

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Go mesmer you will take a while getting used to it but definitely mesmer for those 2 modes.

About necro this thread explains it the best also they nerfed mesmer(glamour bombs) way back to leave a spot for necro(wells) in zergs, necro is not what it looks like your 1v1 means nothing.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Nemesis-101-ranked-game-marathon/first#post4984676

Whoever told you that is wrong. Necro is great in PvP but not a great choice in many ways for PvE.

Give me a free pass to your troll word plz.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Mesmer or Necromancer?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

You quoted Nemesis. Facepalm

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur