Mesmer or Thief?

Mesmer or Thief?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Namiren.4975

Namiren.4975

Hello guys,

My first character was a Thief, currently lvl62. I got bored, so I tried Mesmer, got it to 46 also.
Now the problem is, I want to pick a main, because I hate splitting my attention.

What I like about Mesmer is the ranged possibilities, the awesome unpairable utility skills. All in all, everything is great, but….movement speed!
I’m so slow, I’m always the last one in the WvW zerg.

Then I went back to the Thief, and it’s just a huge jump. With it, I’m always in the frontline. For PvE, I feel it’s more versatile than the Mesmer. However it lacks long ranged damage, and I’m not sure about my usefulness in dungeons.

I want to play WvW of course, and be fast, so I can get from A to B in no time. But I’m afraid Thief will be denied from dungeons and fractals. Also it’s not as big asset to the team as a Mesmer.

Which one do you suggest?

Mesmer or Thief?

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Hello guys,
I want to play WvW of course, and be fast, so I can get from A to B in no time. But I’m afraid Thief will be denied from dungeons and fractals. Also it’s not as big asset to the team as a Mesmer.

Which one do you suggest?

It sounds to me like Thief, movement speed seems to really matter to you and Thief is more mobile than Mesmer for that much. I have been in 100’s of dungeon runs and always come across a thief or two and they can be a decent asset if they aren’t face down in the dirt all the time.
True, Mesmer is a huge asset in Dungeons and/or fractals but that doesn’t mean Thief isn’t good either, it will be rare if you get refused entry for being a Thief.

Mesmer or Thief?

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I have two characters. One for WvW and one for farming. I equipped my farming character with decent gear worth a dozen gold or so and then proceeded to equip my PvP/WvW character with better gear from what I got farming. That’s just what I did though.

Mesmer or Thief?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I personally maxed a thief first… tried mesmer and got bored of it.

Thief seems to have a lot more versatility, and the clones of the mesmer do not seem to have the durability or the AI of, say, the ranger’s pets. In dungeons, I am indeed very front line, and the thief excels at this as long as one can move about plenty because you are a little squishy.

PVE, the thief is by far the easiest character I have played.