Moving to another server = leaving guild?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

Hey, I’ve never done this before, so I’d like to ask before I do something… if I change my server, does it make me leave my current guild? And how about servers in different region?

Thanks for your time guys.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

You don’t leave the guild however you might run into problem with guild missions.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

It is my understanding that guild memberships are game wide. However each server has its own specific version of your guild’s current upgrades. So if you had a ton of guild amenities on your current server and your guild hasn’t established a presence on your new server, then you’d be the only member of Guild X on that server and would have to effectively level up a copy of Guild X all by yourself on the new server.

Some guilds like the Operation Union people use the guild as a game wide LFG system. In that kind of situation, they have members spread out over many servers and they’ll Guest to a single server for dungeon runs. Yet these kinds of guilds seem to be the exception to the rule. Many people de-guild when they transfer servers because they want access to an upgraded guild that has the amenities that they desire.

From my own Guesting experiences, it looks like Guild Chat messages reach across servers. I don’t know whether this influences your choices or not. It was nice to chat with my guild during breaks when I was on another server as a Guest.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Wiser with Age is right, you will still be a member of your guild and display the guild tag etc, you can still use guild chat and access the guild roster/panel and all of this works cross-server and cross-region.

However, what you will no longer have access to is any influence accrued whilst on your original server, any upgrades that were built on your original server or any guild-wide buffs that may be running on your original server. You will not get access to these from guesting back either. If you want access to any of these features you will need to earn influence from scratch and have permissions within your guild to be able to spend that influence on the upgrades for your new server.

You will still be able to participate in some guild mission content (bounties and rushes for definite) as long as you are still within the same server region as the host server (NA or EU), you can’t take part in Treks as you cannot see the markers when you are guesting over to the host server and I’m not sure about challenges and puzzles as we haven’t unlocked those yet so I have no experience.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lexy.3912)

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

Thanks for your answers, I’ll take my time to consider movement…

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Posted by: Beldegren.7913

Beldegren.7913

I’m originally from Sorrow’s Furnace but am a big participant in my Stormbluff Isle guild. I wonder, is this why I can’t access the guild trove/bank? That might be something to consider if that’s the reason.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, guild banks are only accessible on their home server.

Posted by: Beldegren.7913

Beldegren.7913

Boy, that sucks. Thanks!