Need help with dyes

Need help with dyes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

Right. Seeing how difficult it is to find the exact hue I want(both in game and on wiki), I decided to turn to the community. So if you can help, that’d be lovely!

The colours/hues I am looking for are:

Topaz yellow-you know the colour. That warm yellow which is most often associated with Topazes, sometimes post offices as well.

Teal colours and especially Aquamarine related colours-I especially like darker colours such as Spruce(LOVE that colour!) and the like.

Dark and Warm Green colours-the ones that go well with the Brown dyes.

Blue colours I can find. No prob!

Thank you!

Need help with dyes

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

http://i.imgur.com/AWPpW.png

Hope it helps a bit.

Need help with dyes

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I dunno exactly what you’re looking for, but I’ll try to suggest you colours that fit your descriptions.

Topaz yellow = Maybe Butter or Daffodil.
Teal = Teal, Spring Tide, Seafoam, Deep Teal.
Dark and Warm Green = Pine, Evergreen, Japanelo, Envy.

I hope that helps in a way.

Need help with dyes

Gorwe.9672

It does help and I’ll check auctions tomorrow.

Tho, There’s something fishy to that colour wheel. Why are grays listed in the blue spectrum? Also why exactly is an Ocean blue dye-nvm. Awesome dye that one.

Jalapeno I don’t really like. It is…too shiny? Concerning the shine I like the likes of the spruce/Teal/tea(country) jeans etc. Those that look like that. And I don’t like too bright colours(they seem empty to me and remind me of cold-don’t ask why :P ) either.

It seems picky, but such is the Life when playing on Piken.

Need help with dyes

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A slightly tedious way to do it but guaranteed to show you how the hues will look on -your- gear (since it varies with fabric and texture, a rich hue on one armor is a dull grey on another) is to search the TP. Type “Dye” in the search field, then preview each one in order and write down the ones you like (or just buy them if you can afford to — many are in the 1 silver range).

If you preview 4 times you will fill up all four channels in the preview window with that dye. You can preview other armor from your inventory as well without deleting the dye fields. You can un-preview any dye or armor piece by right clicking it in the window, thus not having to clear the whole thing. If you un-preview one dye slot with the others filled, that is the slot that will fill with the next dye previewed.

I confess that when I do this I run out of steam by 2/3 through the alphabet, so sometimes I click to filter by name in reverse and run through them from Z to A. I had to do the long slog on my male vari T2 armor because of a skin tone issue that puts an ugly brown splotch in the middle and I had to find colors that would blend into.

Need help with dyes

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Lots of advice in this thread with colour codes as well.

Need help with dyes

Gorwe.9672

Right. That thread helped a lot since it reminded me of Colour Chords(or harmonies whatever). Thanks for that Tal.

Now would you use complimentary colours? I mean they look kinda nice, but on the extreme side. I was thinking of using analogous colours, but I would kill for a HSV code seeing how, for example, Ocean Blue and Country Jeans are approx 5 degrees apart(nothing really), but Ocean Blue is not only more blue but more saturated as well. Is a bit hard to use An.Colours without that :P.