New PC and the GPU

New PC and the GPU

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Which version of the AMD A10?
7850K?
7860K?

I can assume that it’s the AMD A10-7860K as the 7850K is unavailable in some stores such as newegg.

When I compared this chip to the Devil’s Canyon Intel Core i7 4790K, I found that the AMD A-10-7860K to be a reasonable CPU for gaming that is a great bang for your dollar. It will handle this game just fine to be honest.

The difference between the two is that the Devil’s Canyon has a smaller Lithography, more transistors, and a bigger cache for processing data. But looking at the results, the difference is only a small one. Both processors can do gaming very well. If I was doing a computer on the cheaper budget, your CPU is a good choice. Bang for dollar, your chip is a clear winner.

8 GB RAM is the recommended level for gaming these days. In fact there are games coming out on market that really need 16 gigs. But this game is not one of them. You are fine.

AMD’s Integrated graphics makes the Intel Integrated look like a child. Clearly yours has an advantage, and sites such as CPUBoss agree. Since this is a game where the CPU is the power house that decides the quality of the game, more than likely you will be able to play just fine, maybe even in boss battles and such. But if you see you are having issues, because if there is one, it might be the lack of a dedicated graphics card, it wouldn’t be hard to pick up a graphics card on the cheap in the second hand market, or look at the budget cards available as well. Just make sure you are not exceeding the capacity of your power supply.

Happy gaming! Looking forward to what others have to say as well.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

New PC and the GPU

Posted by: kazaa.9140

kazaa.9140

Appreciate the reply I know its the A10 black edition equivalent to an i5 processor
I do have a graphics card in mind I just want to try an avoid it and see what its like with the r7 integrated. If it’s better than an intel integrated then I know I should be fine
thanks for the reply my good man

New PC and the GPU

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah … no, it’s not the equivalent to an i5, more like an i3.

It’s GPU would be considered low end of the video card field right now but not too terrible, better than what you find on an i3/i5. You aren’t going to be running on high and crowds will still gut performance, mainly because of the low performance of the A10/Bulldozer CPU architecture, but you should be able to find a reasonable set of settings to get 30 FPS running around on your own and you won’t be on all low to do so.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New PC and the GPU

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

There are lots of various different types of black editions out there. Which one?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

New PC and the GPU

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

the A10 integrated GPUs perform close to an R7 250. If the CPU is running as expected you should be pushing 40-60FPS on medium-high settings at 1080p with your setup. Thats with character limit settings to Low or Lowest though as the CPU still does not have the power to push all the vertex work that this game requires.

For what its worth, a i5-4570 with an Intel HD4600 can push 50-60FPS on medium at 1080p, and thats with out a dedicated GPU. So really, the AMD side of things for their APUs are not that great anymore. If you add in the Iris Pro line (GTE3 GTE4) such as the 5675c (HD6200) AMD no longer holds a candle other then in price a lone.

With Zen coming out, Intel releasing Iris Pro (GTE4) SKU’s for Skylake boards later this year, and Pascal/Polaris GPUs being released in 1-3 months from now, i would just hold out on buying anything and wait.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

New PC and the GPU

Posted by: kazaa.9140

kazaa.9140

Appreciate the reply everyone