New world map or do I have a problem?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rebeth.9536

Rebeth.9536

Hey guys,
so, recently I updated the game after a long time and discovered I have no longer the World and Area completion list in the upper left corner of my World map. Is it a part of some of the updates that were released or do I have a bug or something? It really bothers me that I can´t see how I´m doing in the World completion.
Thanks for any help.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

When you left the game?
A few way points, PoIs and hearts was added, the WPs was added with the guild missions, some PoIs was added during the LS S1 and 2 hearts was added in Caledon Forest and in Plains of Ashford.

Also a new area was added in the Magumma wastes (Dry Top and Silverwastes), but that area doesn’t count towards map completion.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Rebeth.9536

I left long time ago, four or five months maybe, but I played a few times.
I know something about the stuff they added, the thing is I don´t have the Completion list.
http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/08/GW2-small-map-600x337.jpg
That thing in the upper left corner, the World Completion stats. Is it gone forever or is it just my problem?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Oh, that map completion is character bound maybe you completed with another toon?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Rebeth.9536

I thought of that too, but I never completed it, I just completed a few areas. I´m playing as Sylvari for the second time, so I thought it would be that kind of problem, that I completed the Caledon forest, so it won´t show the completion, but I don´t have the stats even in my Charr and Norn characters and I play these for the first time.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

is it a newly made character if so they changed it so you dont see world completion right away in april Npe it was to confusing for new players keep lvling and it will come at 19 i think people said..

Rebeth.9536

Yeah, they are newly made, you have my biggest thanks) I will keep leveling and hope the completion will show soon)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Np man just glad to help

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Try checking the main map. At bottom left is an “eye” icon. Click on that and see if you have all map features enabled.

If that’s not it, it’s probably because of the New Player Experience they rolled out a couple of months back and you need to level more.

Posted by: dgzsl.3568

dgzsl.3568

The map completion features and the rest are mainly account bound, so if one of your character managed to unlock it, the rest will get to enjoy that benefit too even if they are just level 2.

Best to seek Astral Projection’s advice and toggle everything up on your map, in case you are really missing something.