Other options for Server Change

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

I’ve been playing GW2 since launch but my wife has only just decided to try it out (initially thanks to the free play model). But when she did create an account my server was full and she joined another one instead. This has not caused any issues until I tried to play WvW with her.

Obviously WVW separates the servers for a good reason, But we don’t want to pay to move my wife’s server (and mine will probably still be full anyway). Is there another option available to us? Does Anet still occasionally offer free transfers for moving to smaller servers?

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

It’s been a long time, but there is a chance they could before a tournament. It would probably only be free to the lowest servers tho.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s already a discount in place for moving to a lower population server. Moving to a Medium population server costs only 500 gems, moving to a High server costs 1000 gems, and moving to a Very High server costs 1800 gems.

As simplesimon suggest above, you could wait for another tournament to see if they do a discount/free transfer to lower pop servers then. However, the last time they did that, it didn’t go well for the wvw population in many servers. I honestly don’t think they’ll offer a drastic discount or free transfers again.

If you really don’t want to pay the transfer fee, you both have the option of deleting all of your characters (put any important items in your bank before doing so) to be able to choose a new server for free.

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

Thanks for the feedback.