Please help!I need a class to fit my needs!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Colty.5318

Colty.5318

Q:

Okey so there goes my story.
I have a necro,guardian and a warrior that are 80 lvl.I had fun leveling the necro and had lots of fun playing the guardian with all his heals and sustain, but from all 3 classes maybe i enjoyed warrior the most – mainly because he does some heavy burst and still has some sustain.The most geared of them is my guardian simply because I wanted to craft Sunrise on him(My favorite Legendary weapon).But I get really bored playin him cuz he doesn’t have the big numbers I used to see on my warrior (my warrior was my first 80).In every other MMO that I’ve played I mainly rolled mages and warriors"strange addiction".So I’m asking for your wisdom people – help me to choose my main and peacefuly gear him with legendary and some love!(We are talking about WvW"Maybe I will become a commander someday".So .. WvW oriented – alot of burst, a little bit of sustain and a little bit of support.).And I think to have a break sometimes from the WvWing with some Fractals, so he has to be useful there too.

I know it sounds impossible and stupid, but I wanna see what you can suggest me.

P.S I’m bored of leveling alts, so I hope it’s the last time I will do it.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

This may come off as flippant, but why not just play your warrior? You seem to enjoy it a lot, already have one leveled, and it fits what you’re looking for (especially regarding WvW commanding, where heavies tend to suit zerg leading the most).

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

I’m possible the worst player to ask for advice.

I have several 80 characters, two of them necromancers and yes – I’d always suggest that you go with a necromancer as your main!

On Desolation we have several necromancer commanders and they survive perfectly well. The necromancer has access to high damage builds, either single target or pretty decent aoe (sustained) damage. Overall the class feels as if it is in a strong position, in all aspects of the game.

But then.. like I said.. I am proudly biased.

Sylvari for life. <3

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I was confused by your post are u asking which of ur 3 classes u should main or need help picking a new class? If it is the former the only advice I can offer you is to not get fooled or misled by huge numbers (aka hunred blades). It is so easy to think a warrior 42k HB is awesome but to forget to factor in csat time (3.5sec). In this case it would be 12k DPS. I think someone did the math and figured out warrior avg DPS is around 10k, guards are actually higher DPS (like 12k i think ??). So believe it or not, a full zerk guard will output more DPS than a full zerk war. just because big numbers are flashy don’t get sucked into this ‘omg warriors r OP’ mentality that most people do. As I have both a war and guard I can tell you that I use my war more because its my main, and obv i’m more comfortable with it. But my guard is even more useful in most cases with dungs. Insane group support and utilities, my war is still better at bursting and DPS but thats just how our class works.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Whatever you do, don’t start a ranger…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Kuduka.3860

Kuduka.3860

This may be going out in a limb but try a thief. They are a glass cannon but if played right with the right build they have great condition with great damage. A lot of people may disagree but I think they are great and tons of fun.

I am all forms of Kuduka.
Kuduka- Elementalist | Kudukâ- Mesmer |
Kuduka Dark- Necromancer