Pre Order items and beta weekend questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ElPewPew.6784

ElPewPew.6784

So I pre-ordered the standard version of HoT and I got my title for doing so. Now I remember in this post:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

They would be giving a character slot for us players that’ve been playing before this year. As stated in the post it could take a while, just wanted to confirm. Are we getting the slot before or after HoT launches?

When I logged in I noticed a lot of beta slots, what are the restrictions for the beta characters? Do I have to level them up to 80? Or gear em up? Do stuff collected from the weekend event stays in my bank/bags or does it disappear with the characters?

Thanks for your time

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

1. You get the character slot before launch, same with all of the other bonuses given for pre-ordering.

2. All your beta characters are automatically 80 and are given gear boxes that contain armor, weapons, accessories, and consumables.

3. Any drops or anything you get on beta characters don’t carry over to your non-beta characters or bank. Similarly, anything you spend on a beta character won’t be reflected on your non-beta characters. This includes any gold, karma, spirit shards, transmutation charges, etc.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You’ll get it before. At least, I and others did.

The beta slots work as follows (or did in BWE1):

You select a beta slot and click the beta create button, not the normal create button. You make your alt as usual except you don’t get to pick most of the story step answers. You load in — for BWE1 you loaded into an instanced area of Silverwastes in the Red Fort. If you’ve made one of the professions that has a revealed elite, you are already spec’d into that elite (you are automatically 80 regardless). You can rearrange your traits to your preferences.

In your inventory there are several boxes. DO NOT OPEN THEM ALL. Each one will fill your bags with exactly the same set of gear, ie six pieces of armor in your weight and one of each weapon, all exotic. You double click an item to pick stats for it. There will also be an upgrades box that will choke your inventory further with a zillion runes and sigils so you can customize the gear further. And there will be a consumables box with a variety of foods and honing stones.

You’ll have all your account dyes unlocks available. You will also have bank access if you go somewhere with a bank (you have all wps open so you can, but you may want to do the starting story first and get into Verdant Brink before hopping to a bank). Put anything you want your beta alts to have in your bank beforehand; when you make your alts a copy of your account is made and then anything you loot or spend, any transmutes, etc, have no effect on your live account. So if you want to use ascended items or have a pile of food to nosh, get the stuff in your bank asap.

Note you cannot make the beta alts except while beta is active.

Posted by: ElPewPew.6784

ElPewPew.6784

Thanks for the tips and the answers! I’ll keep in mind not to open all of the boxes.

Posted by: milo.7198

milo.7198

Does the veteran character slot arrive later? I just pre-purchased, been playing Core since launch. i receved the beta slots and the character slot from the package, but do not see the Veteran slot.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks for the tips and the answers! I’ll keep in mind not to open all of the boxes.

The reason not to open them all is that you get 3 of the exact same box, in case you want to build a differently statted gear set after your first one. I suppose you could open another if you really want two of the same weapon for testing a build, though you do get started with the professions weapons — they’re just Celestial stats.

Once opened, though, you need to toss out, sell, salvage, or mystic forge the things you can’t use. Not that you’ll keep the coin or mats or anything but it does clear things out. Also if you’re a newer account you might want to sell just to get enough waypoint money not to worry about hopping about. Plus even though you can’t keep anything you loot in beta, it’s still nice to have room to put it in your bags rather than getting “your inventory is full” popup messages.