Priory or Whispers (I admit it's dumb)?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Titus.2085

Titus.2085

I think many will ignore it because of the lukewarm reception of the personal story. But for those that have a degree of appreciation of the PS, I’m in the part where you choose your preferred order. I’m playing as a male mesmer asura btw.

Reasons to go Priory:
- My 1st character’s part of the Priory
- The Personal Story instance where the Priory asura scholar hosts a press conference is better than the instance story of choosing the Whispers (it’s where you kill Rakt)

Reasons to go Whispers:
- Tybalt. Just Tybalt.
- It’s interesting to know which NPC’s reveal to you that they’re part of the Order

So for those who listen, which of the two orders did you choose and why? BTW: I didn’t choose Vigil cause it’s the least interesting for me, pertaining to my male mesmer asura.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have had a character in each of the orders.

I personally simply find the Order of Whispers to be most interesting and fun to play. Especially the early parts. I also find the OoWs method of fighting the Dragons to be most logical from a character point of view at the time.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My favourite reason for Whispers is as you say all the random undercover npcs scattered throughout the world with funny dialogue.

But I prefer Priory from a RP perspective. Flame me if you like but I prefer Sieran over Tybalt, and the interaction between Gixx and Sieran is priceless.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I think many will ignore it because of the lukewarm reception of the personal story. But for those that have a degree of appreciation of the PS, I’m in the part where you choose your preferred order. I’m playing as a male mesmer asura btw.

Reasons to go Priory:
- My 1st character’s part of the Priory
- The Personal Story instance where the Priory asura scholar hosts a press conference is better than the instance story of choosing the Whispers (it’s where you kill Rakt)

Reasons to go Whispers:
- Tybalt. Just Tybalt.
- It’s interesting to know which NPC’s reveal to you that they’re part of the Order

So for those who listen, which of the two orders did you choose and why? BTW: I didn’t choose Vigil cause it’s the least interesting for me, pertaining to my male mesmer asura.

I have a character in each (although since I have 4 2 went to the Priory). Aside from 3 levels in the PS and who you get as a mentor there is not any real difference. Even after you get access to the Orr gates you can use any of the 3 sets of gates.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Do them all, even Vigil. They are fun. When in doubt or you have to repeat content, go with Tybalt.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have several alts in each Order. I pick first based on what makes RP sense for the alt, and if none do, I pick one I haven’t done in a while.

I wouldn’t suggest doing the exact same one again if you haven’t tried all three. Whispers is generally the most fun, true, but there’s something to be gained from all of them.

Plus once you’re in an Order you have access to the skins for that Order, and when you buy them they go into your wardrobe. All your alts can wear any of the skins in their armor weight, even mix and match between Orders. So you do want at least one alt in each to get full access to as many skins as possible.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve got at least 1 character in each Order and if my 1st was the Priory I’d choose Whispers second just for variety (mine were actually the other way around).

But I also do it based on what suits the character. My human ranger has several ancestors who were part of the Order of Whispers and surprisingly considering she can come across as very blunt and direct their method of working suits her perfectly.

Whereas my norn engineer is much more analytical, she likes to know what she’s getting into before she starts and is very interested in Tyria’s history so the priory was a perfect fit.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I prefer the Order of Whispers generally but while meant to be a funny character, Tybalt tends to almost reach Jar-Jar Binks in goofiness and forced “humor”. Based on that, i’d pick the Priory.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Neither. Go Vigil and stay at the “Forewarned is Forearmed” mission to kill rats for the weapon master achievements.

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Whispers simply for Tybalt.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I did all three. Both multiple times.
I agree with L Step.
Whispers simply for Tybalt.
Tybalt for Pope.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

Go for whispers if you have al 3 chars in all orders.

Why? just because of Tybalt.

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.