Returning to the game

Returning to the game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: NixiPixi.8320

NixiPixi.8320

I am returning to the game after being away for about 9 months but I am worried I have missed out on so much content it will be hard to get into again. There seems to have been loads of updates and content added, will I still be able to experience it all or has it been and gone?

Returning to the game

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Some have gone, Wintersday is coming to an end (I think). The nightmare tower arc (found in Kessex hills) is still on going. There will be 4 big major updates, first one is coming on Jan 21st I think.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Returning to the game

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

living storys are exclusive to there time slots along with most meta rewards. you can however experience a very small amount of it through some of the new fractals.

#ELEtism

Returning to the game

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

There seems to have been loads of updates and content added, will I still be able to experience it all or has it been and gone?

It has been and gone.

Returning to the game

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Welcome back!

A recap cinematic for the Living Story thus far has recently been posted. Check it out here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/recap-the-living-world-of-guild-wars-2/

The Living Story has been on hiatus for the past month, but is about to pick up again for the finale, starting next week. The current story will end on March 4th.

For an overview of changes/updates to the game in the past months, check this link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates
In short, a new dungeon path was added to Twilight Arbor, Fractals of the Mists were expanded, some world boss encounters were updated, and ascended weapons and armor are now in the game, available through crafting (which has received a higher ceiling to level up to).