Shoutout to the Dry Top jumpers

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

As you guys know, yesterday is Dry Top JP daily, so I was wandering around dry top to do the JP. When I got there, there are two mesmers doing ports to the Diving Goggles and a lot of people doing that oh-so-annoying jump.

This quickly evolved to multiple mesmers doing ports to the diving goggles, ports from the pool of water for failed jumpers, a lot of people resurrecting the failed jumpers, a commander tag sitting in the water for diving target, and all around generally fun atmosphere of people having a good time and encouraging each other in doing the achievement.

So props to all the pepole involved yesterday. It was helluva fun. The community spirit like this is a big part of what I love about GW2.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

yeah, that jump took me a few tries back in the old days ><

Not nearly so unsafe now that we can glide in the majority of the world, but i’m never sorry to hear about people being helpful =)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

That was a great chance for me to get the diving achievement, but alas, I’m in the middle of a war with my ISP. It’s very nice of people to do these things, you gotta love the community.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

yeah, that jump took me a few tries back in the old days ><

Not nearly so unsafe now that we can glide in the majority of the world, but i’m never sorry to hear about people being helpful =)

Try that jump in the LW episode. Gives you all of 1 AP, no gliding in case you miss it or miss a jump on the way up, and no air crystals to jump up quickly. You have to actually do the whole JQ to the top of the kitten ed place. I died at least 100 times from falling to get that kittening 1 AP ANet.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I am so grateful for the Mesmers that stuck around to help me and others! Thanks to them, and after a half hour or more of trying, I finally got the dive! I’m happy that there are people in community who have the patience and generosity to do things like this. =)

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

I think we stayed there for an hour or more. It was at least one full Dry Top cycle. I was doing the port from pool edge to cliffs. The ones doing the port from goggles to the cliffs have been there even longer.

For me personally it’s a nice break just hanging around and chatting (“I bet the next one that falls is a Charr”)

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I was there for awhile. After I completed the dive I stood in the water for awhile with my Mentor tag up. I was fun helping out and giving encouragement to the ones who were diving.

you can’t fix stupid

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

I remember you? Thanks for putting up that tag! Though I think I landed on your head!

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I remember you? Thanks for putting up that tag! Though I think I landed on your head!

Don’t worry I have a hard head and you probably weren’t the only one to land on it lol

you can’t fix stupid