Stuck between Mesmer and Warrior for main.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Magmorel.7806

Magmorel.7806

Ok so im pretty much brand new to the game, i bought the game a while ago, but never really got into it because i didnt have much time.

Now i have more time on my hands and felt like getting into the game.

I was gonna try and learn thief but i just cant get into it its to annoying when I follow guides and try to do everything im supposed to but i get insta killed by everyone else.

So, now im stuck between mesmer and warrior.

I tried both in sPvP

Mesmer, i didnt do that well with i meen i did ok but wasnt anything special.

Warrior i tend to be #1 or #2 on my team pretty consitantly.

Im leaning more towards warrior, but i just hear all this stuff about how Warrior is super boring later on, and they are stupid easy to play and take 0 skill.

And i just hate being the one class everyone hates on and you automatically have a bad name for playing that class.

But im just wondering in general
which one do you guys feel are generaly better in

PVE
PVP
WVW

Ik you cant always say oh this class is just better, but im just looking for peoples opinions on the them to see if maybe it will help my decision

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

It depends on what you mean by ‘better’ but warriors are ‘easier to play’, in that you can don on full zerker gear, sort of mash any buttons, facetank with a greatsword and do decent damage and not go down in 2 seconds. As you probably know by now, you need a little bit more skill for Mesmer – you have to make decisions like do you want a phantasm build or a shatter build, you need to swap out your utility skills quite a bit depending on what you want to do with maybe only the Signet of Inspiration as a almost-permanent utility slotted in, whereas on my warrior I pretty much always cycle through the same 6 utilities depending on what the situation calls for. You also need to be able to melee as a Mesmer to get any sort of decent DPS (in PvE at least, Mesmers that hover at 1200 range and autoattack with their greatsword have a bad rep in PvE though greatsword is more useful in WvW) and that’s not necessarily as easy when you’re in zerker light armour.

For PvE I would recommend the Warrior and for PvP/WvW I would recommend the Mesmer.

In the end you will likely level both to 80 and designate them to specific tasks like I have a few 80s and I’ll get on my Guardian for FotM/mob farming, Warrior for 80 speedrun dungeons, Ele if need to carry low levels in dungeons, Necro for PvP/WvW, etc. But for now if you would like to focus on one I would recommend the Warrior.

‘The one class everyone hates on and you automatically have a bad name for playing that class’ is going to be either Ranger or Necromancer, and that is more of a balance problem than a player problem, so you’re safe either way.

(edited by lcpdragonslayer.7895)