Suggest me a class, totally new to GW2!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

Hello guys and girls
Im hoping you can help me pick a class, my last mmorpg was TERA and I played a berserker(melee with a great AXE).

What defined that class:
-Slow attacks
-Had to charge my attacks and predict where enemy was going to successfully land the hit
-Some Aoe skills
-ok crit chance however some skills gave crazy crit damage multiplier

Now, the class was melee but I am not going to be picky
Could you please suggest me a class that does crazy crits, i like big numbers even if they are slow and don’t win me any dps races.

I don’t really want to play a rogue unless i absolutely have to, im not a fan of stealth or backstab and sneaky gameplay. I would also like to avoid playing over popular builds, heard something about 100d or w/e

I’ve played gw1 for a long time a while back and i had a necro(SS and MM) and an elementalist(got nothing to do with crits).

I looked at engineers a wee bit and the grenades look pretty decent for what i want to do, i also looked at necro but from what i gather its just debuffs and that form you transform into(they have a name for it…)

TL;DR: need a fun, skill based class that crits for big numbers

Thanks folks!

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Hello guys and girls
Im hoping you can help me pick a class, my last mmorpg was TERA and I played a berserker(melee with a great AXE).

What defined that class:
-Slow attacks
-Had to charge my attacks and predict where enemy was going to successfully land the hit
-Some Aoe skills
-ok crit chance however some skills gave crazy crit damage multiplier

Now, the class was melee but I am not going to be picky
Could you please suggest me a class that does crazy crits, i like big numbers even if they are slow and don’t win me any dps races.

I don’t really want to play a rogue unless i absolutely have to, im not a fan of stealth or backstab and sneaky gameplay. I would also like to avoid playing over popular builds, heard something about 100d or w/e

I’ve played gw1 for a long time a while back and i had a necro(SS and MM) and an elementalist(got nothing to do with crits).

I looked at engineers a wee bit and the grenades look pretty decent for what i want to do, i also looked at necro but from what i gather its just debuffs and that form you transform into(they have a name for it…)

TL;DR: need a fun, skill based class that crits for big numbers

Thanks folks!

Hi hi!

Most professions can be built to give you massive crit chance and crit bonus damage using the right gear but from your list of things you liked from TERA I would say warrior or guardian specifically using a hammer as one of their weapon sets.

The nice thing about GW2 professions is that they are pretty versitile and by swapping a weapon in combat you can go from dps crit monster to support / buffer / debuffer at the push of a button.

Guardian hammer skills have several where you have to predict and control your enemies.
Warrior hammer skills have more knockdowns in front of your character but their burst skill ‘Earthshaker’ (this has to charge up during the fight) is AoE and ground targeted so there is an element of predicting movement. Warriors also have access to the trait ‘Unsuspecting Foes’ which gives you an extra 50% crit chance on your Earthshaker.

Just note that in PvE the toughest bosses will be immune to most forms of control so your hammer skills will not be as effective against them. In PvP other players will likely run ‘stunbreakers’ to lessen the effects of your control skills.

Hope that helps a little.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

Thank you very much! This is what i was looking for!

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

If you intend to PvP (I assume from your post, you do).

Guardian is more a support class than solo fighter. You should maybe pick a Warrior for roaming, Guardian for zerging.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Big numbers are going to be thief and warrior.

Slow attack speed and landing hits sounds like staff ele or engineer (even though nobody really has “slow” attack speed in this game)

RIP in peace Robert