Talk some sense into me!

Talk some sense into me!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Everlost.8741

Everlost.8741

I have the silliest problem.

I recently leveled an old human necro of mine to 80 (she got left at level 72 years ago), and geared her up. I love the playstyle and she’s easy to solo, but keep getting a bit bored with her without quite knowing why.
I have a new Asura ranger that I love the look of. The animations are great too. But I’m not enjoying the playstyle as much as my necro.

It would be silly to roll an asura necro after only just leveling and gearing my human one, right? Right?
Of course that’s what I did last night and I love her look and animations so much! Plus the thought of this tiny little thing running around with an army of minions entertains me so much! But I have a fresh shiny level 80 human necro sitting right there… please talk so sense in me!

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

You can keep both, you can always save some gold for an extra character slot.

P.S. Asura are the best species.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I had the exact problem actually.
I originally had a female Human Necro. Delete.
I then made a female Asura Necro. Nope. Still not right. Delete.
I made a female Sylvari Necro. Better. But still not the look I was going for. Delete.
Remade the Asura Necro. Still only liked the Arah armor on her. Sigh, delete.
Then I made a female Norn Necromancer. Perfect. Holds a greatsword strongly, runs with daggers as if she was born with them, looks Majestic with Nevermore weilded.

So, my advice, go with your gut. It’s worth it, there’s no real loss in deleting characters, if you don’t need the slot right now, you can just not play your human necro for a bit.

Attachments:

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Then I made a female Norn Necromancer. Perfect. Holds a greatsword strongly, runs with daggers as if she was born with them, looks Majestic with Nevermore weilded.

You forgot trots like a horse. Thats majestic too. It makes you forget about the back hair and constant drunkenness.

Talk some sense into me!

Haleydawn.3764

You forgot trots like a horse. Thats majestic too. It makes you forget about the back hair and constant drunkenness.

I didn’t realise you can select back hair in character creation…

Kitten.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

So sad. So much norn hate. I think everyone is just envious of them for some reason. My first reaper is male norn and he’s amazing. Looks exactly how I wanted him too. Even more so now with that ice armor outfit. My second (yes OP I have two necros too!) is human female in the dry bones garb and has that primitive witch priestess of Grenth thing going on.

OP, make the character you want to play, and will enjoy seeing running around on the screen. I leveled a mesmer 3 TIMES before I got it right, and it ended up being a female charr (Ash legion of course) lol! So seriously, make what you want to play and play it. You can always sell/salvage/etc the gear and remake it on the new one. Ascended can just be tranferred, anything else isn’t that much to craft (unless you are using some of the more expensive stat sets like trailblazers).

Talk some sense into me!

Haleydawn.3764

So sad. So much norn hate.

Ikr. I don’t get it either, I have 5 Norns out of 9 characters, and I much prefer them to my other toons of different races purely because of their stature and how they hold themselves while moving.

Kitten.

Talk some sense into me!

Everlost.8741

Heh, you people are a bunch of enablers!

New asura necro has been rolled, and I even bought her a pink quaggan backpack. So far she’s been great!

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s amazing what switching races can do to your enjoyment of playing. I had a female Norn warrior, and she was ok, but then I tried a Charr warrior and the animations were so much better that I parked my Norn at a node for a daily harvest and leveled and geared up my Charrior.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Talk some sense into me!

bearshaman.3421

New asura necro has been rolled, and I even bought her a pink quaggan backpack. So far she’s been great!

Making people happy, one character at a time.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As to “there’s no real loss in deleting characters,” I’ll note that this depends on how much you care about the character birthday gifts. By years 3 and 4 you can get some really nice dyes that would otherwise cost you hundreds of gold. So there’s no real loss in a recently made alt, but if you have one that is several years old you should factor in the loss of the accrued birthday time before deleting.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I rerolled a charr to asura because the kitten “might makes right” shout so frequently drove me up the wall, but I kept thinking “eh, I’ve invested in it, should stick with it” until it was 80 will full exotics and stuff.

Ain’t no bad thing to decide that the aesthetics of a race or whatever are more to your taste.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: BrunoPuntzJones.5348

BrunoPuntzJones.5348

I’m really picky in strange ways as well. I love Charr, and love the necro as a profession, but Charr necro just hasn’t jived for me. Maybe I need to try again? Or maybe there’s another race that fits better.

I love my female Norn elementalist, and I love my Charr mesmer and warrior. Still trying to find something that seems to fit well with Sylvari, but nothing has so far.

Talk some sense into me!

Everlost.8741

I’m really picky in strange ways as well. I love Charr, and love the necro as a profession, but Charr necro just hasn’t jived for me. Maybe I need to try again? Or maybe there’s another race that fits better.

I love my female Norn elementalist, and I love my Charr mesmer and warrior. Still trying to find something that seems to fit well with Sylvari, but nothing has so far.

Have you tried a Sylvari necro?

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Was it the smallest size? Be sure to buy the size tonic in lake doric too. You’ll be smaller than a Norns foot. And you’ll run like a tiny energizer bunny on crack.

Talk some sense into me!

Everlost.8741

Was it the smallest size? Be sure to buy the size tonic in lake doric too. You’ll be smaller than a Norns foot. And you’ll run like a tiny energizer bunny on crack.

Of course it’s the smallest size. Is there any other way to roll an asura?

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Of course it’s the smallest size. Is there any other way to roll an asura?

My engineer (male asura) is almost max size. Running around Rata Sum or any of the labs in Metrica and Brisban, he’s frikkin giant! He makes a lot of regular krewemembers look like progeny!

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

So sad. So much norn hate. I think everyone is just envious of them for some reason. My first reaper is male norn and he’s amazing. Looks exactly how I wanted him too. Even more so now with that ice armor outfit. My second (yes OP I have two necros too!) is human female in the dry bones garb and has that primitive witch priestess of Grenth thing going on.

OP, make the character you want to play, and will enjoy seeing running around on the screen. I leveled a mesmer 3 TIMES before I got it right, and it ended up being a female charr (Ash legion of course) lol! So seriously, make what you want to play and play it. You can always sell/salvage/etc the gear and remake it on the new one. Ascended can just be tranferred, anything else isn’t that much to craft (unless you are using some of the more expensive stat sets like trailblazers).

Here’s a little norn love. I dusted off my norn necromancer with a new look, but I’m not sure which way to go. What do you think? Angel or Devil?

Attachments:

Talk some sense into me!

BrunoPuntzJones.5348

I have not! Would you recommend that? Why or why not? I like male Sylvari but their voices are a bit…so so for me. I tried a female Sylvari mesmer and hated it, but loved a Charr mesmer. Maybe if I couldn’t enjoy a Charr necro, that means a Sylvari necro might work?

Talk some sense into me!

bearshaman.3421

Here’s a little norn love. I dusted off my norn necromancer with a new look, but I’m not sure which way to go. What do you think? Angel or Devil?

Devil, but I think you need a staff that doesn’t look so lovey with that lol XD
Otherwise, very nice!!!

Talk some sense into me!

bearshaman.3421

I have not! Would you recommend that? Why or why not? I like male Sylvari but their voices are a bit…so so for me. I tried a female Sylvari mesmer and hated it, but loved a Charr mesmer. Maybe if I couldn’t enjoy a Charr necro, that means a Sylvari necro might work?

I have a norn male necro and a human female necro. They both work great for me, the norn is the reaper and the human is my condi minion backwoods priestess of Grenth. Think witch but not the stereotypical ugly wart covered ones lol

Oddly, I tried a norn and an asura mesmer, and the one that finally did it for me was a charr. Was not expecting that. Gotta be willing to experiment. (love charr btw, just didn’t think a light armor class would work. Using the tier 2 cultural armor. Loving it.)

My ele is sylvari, which works well, considering a second ele as an asura. not sure yet. I don’t have an asura, I want one, but I keep hitting a mental wall with the ones I’ve tried. The mesmer lasted a while but I got tired of it, started a thief, but that was a little too bouncy lol.

Talk some sense into me!

BrunoPuntzJones.5348

I have a norn male necro and a human female necro. They both work great for me, the norn is the reaper and the human is my condi minion backwoods priestess of Grenth. Think witch but not the stereotypical ugly wart covered ones lol

Oddly, I tried a norn and an asura mesmer, and the one that finally did it for me was a charr. Was not expecting that. Gotta be willing to experiment. (love charr btw, just didn’t think a light armor class would work. Using the tier 2 cultural armor. Loving it.)

My ele is sylvari, which works well, considering a second ele as an asura. not sure yet. I don’t have an asura, I want one, but I keep hitting a mental wall with the ones I’ve tried. The mesmer lasted a while but I got tired of it, started a thief, but that was a little too bouncy lol.

Do the voices and animations mesh between norn and necro for you?

Talk some sense into me!

Everlost.8741

I have not! Would you recommend that? Why or why not? I like male Sylvari but their voices are a bit…so so for me. I tried a female Sylvari mesmer and hated it, but loved a Charr mesmer. Maybe if I couldn’t enjoy a Charr necro, that means a Sylvari necro might work?[/quote]

Sylvari necro could be pretty cool. With a darker skin and a green glow they’d look great, and the female cultural light armor is very pretty.
There’s also the who “reduce, reuse, recycle” theme with reusing corpses. It’s actually quite natural if you think of it

I’d say try it for a few levels and see how you like it.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

Oddly, I tried a norn and an asura mesmer, and the one that finally did it for me was a charr. Was not expecting that.

Haha, that is interesting, you are the third person in this thread to like the Charr-Mesmer combination even though most consider that as odd.

Female Charr mesmer is my very first and main character (Ash Legion of course). I love everything about her, including the chatter (i find “might means right” or “looks like new territory” hilarious).

After that, for the sake of diversity, I tried out the other races except human. My Asura Ele aside, it just did not click with the others. Even though I like the look of my male Sylvari Revanant and my female Norn Thief, I do not like playing the human-based shape and the animations. It just feels dull to me and I cannot relate to them.

In contrast, even though I find Ranger one of the simpler (or boring) classes, I enjoy playing mine just because he is a Charr. Just taking him for gathering and watching the running/gathering/skill/idle animations is so much fun. Running around on a Shiverpeaks map and knowing that “I” have fur against the cold.

My most recent creation is a classic Charr Guardian. I was not much into the guardian theme before (heavy armor class plus that “saint” thing did not really appeal to me). I mainly created him because they are so useful in WvW large scale fights. Turns out that this character is just amazing and a ton of fun to play, no surprise that so many Charrdians are running around.

So yeah, I am a huge fan of Charrs to the point that I zoom into most of other peoples Charrs I see running around to have a closer look. That being said, Ausuras can be nice as well.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

Talk some sense into me!

bearshaman.3421

Do the voices and animations mesh between norn and necro for you?

Hearing a Norn yell “Suffer” and “You are All Weaklings!” is pretty awesome. Totally happy with my choice on that one.

Talk some sense into me!

bearshaman.3421

Oddly, I tried a norn and an asura mesmer, and the one that finally did it for me was a charr. Was not expecting that.

Haha, that is interesting, you are the third person in this thread to like the Charr-Mesmer combination even though most consider that as odd.

Female Charr mesmer is my very first and main character (Ash Legion of course). I love everything about her, including the chatter (i find “might means right” or “looks like new territory” hilarious).

After that, for the sake of diversity, I tried out the other races except human. My Asura Ele aside, it just did not click with the others. Even though I like the look of my male Sylvari Revanant and my female Norn Thief, I do not like playing the human-based shape and the animations. It just feels dull to me and I cannot relate to them.

In contrast, even though I find Ranger one of the simpler (or boring) classes, I enjoy playing mine just because he is a Charr. Just taking him for gathering and watching the running/gathering/skill/idle animations is so much fun. Running around on a Shiverpeaks map and knowing that “I” have fur against the cold.

My most recent creation is a classic Charr Guardian. I was not much into the guardian theme before (heavy armor class plus that “saint” thing did not really appeal to me). I mainly created him because they are so useful in WvW large scale fights. Turns out that this character is just amazing and a ton of fun to play, no surprise that so many Charrdians are running around.

So yeah, I am a huge fan of Charrs to the point that I zoom into most of other peoples Charrs I see running around to have a closer look. That being said, Asuras can be nice as well.

You’re not the first person I know who has a mostly if not all charr cast of characters. XD

I do like the charr a lot, but I like variety too much to settle for one race. My toons so far:

Charr: Ranger (female, blood), Mesmer (female, ash), Engineer (male, iron)
Norn: Guardian (female), Reaper (male (I made this specifically for reaper)), Ranger (male)
Human: Necro (female), Warrior (male)
Sylvari: Elementalist (female), Daredevil (male)

Trying to get an asura idea that works for me. Thinking about ele, thief (now that condi for them doesn’t suck), or maybe (MAYBE) herald, and specifically for herald, since base rev is unplayable to me.

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

Trying to get an asura idea that works for me. Thinking about ele, thief (now that condi for them doesn’t suck), or maybe (MAYBE) herald, and specifically for herald, since base rev is unplayable to me.

I think all of those can be a nice fit. My Asura Ele is the only non-Charr character I really love to play. The tiny model feels very dynamic and kiting/dodging is very fun. Plus, the fashy animations fit well, especially on the mobile D/D Ele. So I imagine that the very mobile Rev and Thief class fit similarly well with Asura.

So OP, I am not going to talk sense into you, I fully understand that the race of your character matters.^^

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

Talk some sense into me!

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

I have done it. Worse, I used my 80 boost in a human Mesmer and decided I really love Asura. Since I have 6 level 80 humans I decided to roll a second Mesmer as asura, liking it much more and not regretting it at all.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian