Target green bulls eye

Target green bulls eye

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I have searched wiki and other places to no avail.

What I’m talking about is in many YouTube videos that I have seen often shows a green bulls eye when targeting something. Most of the time its jumping puzzle, but I think I’ve seen it in other videos as well.

How the heck is that done? Do you have to be a certain profession, or have a certain skill?

I ask because I’m having a terrible time in the latest living story targeting things from the air ( when gliding )……lol, I always miss.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Target green bulls eye

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Go into Options. Scroll down in the first tab to Combat/Movement. At the top there is a Ground Targeting with a window on the right that has a drop down list. “Fast with Range Indicator” is my preference. Any ground targeted skill will show the green circle for as long as I hold the hotkey down, and cast the ability as soon as I release the key. I can right-click to cancel using the skill.

I also, in the check boxes below that window, toggle on Lock Ground Target at Max Range so I can’t put the green circle further than I can shoot the skill and Snap Ground Target to Current Target so I will auto-toss the skill at the feet of my current target. (This latter bit you can set a hotkey to toggle on and off, so if you need to put a barrier halfway between you and the target and then start laying aoe atop the target again you can do so. I use Ctrl-S for “swap target mode” in my mind).

Target green bulls eye

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Thanks for your reply. When you say hotkey, what hotkey are you referring to?

I understand you can assign any key to a specific action, but what action do you mean?

Maybe I missing something obvious, but that’s why I’m asking. I think I may be confused as to how and or/what way this target thing can be used.

Target green bulls eye

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

If it’s a green bullseye hovering above the target, it’s the indicator of a called target – ctrl + T

Target green bulls eye

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Aren’t those red?

Target green bulls eye

Donari.5237

The specific action is the snap ground target toggle. I don’t recall precisely what it’s called, I assigned it way back when we first got the option for a toggle (which was a big QoL in using Snap to Target) and haven’t checked since.

What it does is let you set yourself (account wide) to always have a ground target aoe land at the feet of the targeted enemy. Well, at where the feet were when you pressed the button, foes can move, so it means you can’t lead the target. Otoh you can easily drop grenades on a boss while strafing like crazy to avoid his attacks. (This matters to me because I mouse move, so having to get my cursor in the right place to select a target means standing still a moment).

But sometimes you don’t want to have your spell land on the foe’s feet. For example the Druid staff has a floral barrier you can put up where missiles coming through it heal instead of damage. You want that between you and the enemy. So a quick tap of the hot key, drop the barrier where you want it, then tap the hot key again to get assisted ground targeting once more.

Target green bulls eye

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

But sometimes you don’t want to have your spell land on the foe’s feet. For example the Druid staff has a floral barrier you can put up where missiles coming through it heal instead of damage. You want that between you and the enemy. So a quick tap of the hot key, drop the barrier where you want it, then tap the hot key again to get assisted ground targeting once more.

That isn’t necessary in most cases since the attack originates from the center of the enemy anyway. Snap would actually be ideal if people avoid moving the the enemy by running too far out of range. That way the barrier would still be in effect even if the enemy rotates to a different direction.

Target green bulls eye

Donari.5237

I agree, but I’ve found that dropping the missile barrier directly on the foe means any slight motion by the mob removes the effectiveness. Plus other players can’t tell it’s there and move behind it as easily if it becomes part of the mob-ground-zero effects.