Thaumnova Anomaly

Thaumnova Anomaly

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I am not sure what to do with this. Leaving aside the issue where people are constantly leaving, at 64 and up the anomaly puts out so much damage, not from agony (I am fine on AR) but from the undodgeable beam, which, if it happens to target me multiple times in a row (which tends to happen at some point in the fight) blows through all of my mitigation and healing and downs me normally. Again, I am not falling down (or at least not until already downed). What are you supposed to do about that?

Note: my fractal runner is an Elementalist, and as the I only have light ascended armor (luck of the drop) and that is my only light using class, I cannot change characters at this time without losing tons of AR.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

I don’t really see the issue and I run the t4 variants whenever they are the dailies. Just take a stun breaker in case you get stuck so you don’t fall. My only suggestion would be to take your best healing per second heal. I think for ele that maybe the cantrip one but I haven’t touched mine since pre HoT so don’t quote me on that.

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Hi are you Na or Eu?
I might be able to help you, I’m Na myself

Sarah

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Try running Dagger/WH it’s nice on the healing. Swap water 4-5-3 will give you quite a big of healing, then you can swap earth quickly to blast that water field a second time, doing that in total you should get 4-5k healing. You could also stay in water autoing for some extra health and grab a water overload if you’re really in trouble. Then you could bring Arcane Wave to give an extra blast in the waters when it’s needed. And unlike staff you can run this with Fresh Air and easily jump right back into air and continue damaging… the downside is when people destroy all the nearby platforms and you do no damage while you run around the outside. But staff gets reflects which sucks too.

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Melee range vs the anomaly doesn’t seem like a good plan.

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Melee is actually the faster way to kill it. If someone gets targeted by him (bomb icon) just run out to the edge of the arena while the rest keep beating him on melee.

Thaumnova Anomaly

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Melee is actually the faster way to kill it. If someone gets targeted by him (bomb icon) just run out to the edge of the arena while the rest keep beating him on melee.

Yes.

I couldn’t have managed that when I first attempted that Fractal and then not for a while afterward. Until you learn the rhythm, it’s scary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”