The Mystery Cave problems

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I can’t for the life of me get the second ring of fire completed, try as I may It’s death central, get 3 lighted and die, on recovery only 1 is left alight. Totally frustrating. Half the red rings are so large they can’t be dodged out of, protective bubble doesn’t stop interrupts. A TOTALLY FRUSTRATING story! I’m not having fun. kitten I wish my characters skills were used and not these gimmicks.

How do I do this?

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I hate to say it because you might be the type of person who doesn’t want to group up, but grouping makes a big difference. Two makes it easy. Three makes it a breeze.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You don’t need to dodge out of red rings, you can dodge inside the rings if timed well.

I play with quite high ping but my internet is stable enough to always have the same high ping so it is just matter of know the timing of the skill you want to avoid.

Do the achieves solo is really hard, but just finish the story is totally doable solo.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ferguson.2157

Thanks Astral, so simple it’s as plain as the nose on my face lol – thanks again. Now to find some willing teammates…

Rant follows: Directed at Devs, Much real thanks for the actual solution to my issue from Astral.

I’m a 99% solo player so the idea didn’t dawn on me to try this, I’d have thought the fight would scale up for more players. Silly me for thinking that way. It’s not as if not getting some modicum of balance on this done would stop story line progress or anything like that could be both frustrating and impeding to some of your players.

Devs – as a game making note – for a story phase to be easy if grouped but impossible if alone seems to me to maybe – need a look at so the difficulty is even across the dang spectrum of how many are playing the thing. I was assuming the “Play he way you want to play” for a story series of solo capable quests to not force me to change that abruptly. This one absolutely needs balancing for solo players. Just like the original story for which you got an ear-full from soloers about in the first story line.

Finally if you wish to have content that doesn’t scale to party size please say so up from in the quest description. Had I known the solution to this I wouldn’t have tried in vain for hours to get the bloody thing done as i did.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

The number of fires does scale up if you are in a party though.

You said you are dying a lot, what is it that is killing you?

Ferguson.2157

Thanks for your response Belzebu. All I want is to progress my story line. I’m not skilled enough solo for that apparently. I’ll need a team I think.

One of the reasons I solo is I have the slow reflexes of a 52 year old on heavy meds. I hate having to team knowing I’ll be a drag on others.

Maxwell.7843

I’m a 99% solo player so the idea didn’t dawn on me to try this, I’d have thought the fight would scale up for more players. Silly me for thinking that way. It’s not as if not getting some modicum of balance on this done would stop story line progress or anything like that could be both frustrating and impeding to some of your players.

Devs – as a game making note – for a story phase to be easy if grouped but impossible if alone seems to me to maybe – need a look at so the difficulty is even across the dang spectrum of how many are playing the thing. I was assuming the “Play he way you want to play” for a story series of solo capable quests to not force me to change that abruptly. This one absolutely needs balancing for solo players. Just like the original story for which you got an ear-full from soloers about in the first story line.

Finally if you wish to have content that doesn’t scale to party size please say so up from in the quest description. Had I known the solution to this I wouldn’t have tried in vain for hours to get the bloody thing done as i did.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but the fight is definitely soloable, and personally I really enjoyed it.

You might be having trouble with some of the mechanics of the encounter, so if you give us more details we can try to help you out! :-)

Ferguson.2157

Maxwell, what is killing me is my lack of reflexes as a player and my characters inability to move fast enough. It’s getting downed in the first place, then having another red area formed under me as I’m recovering. It’s most likely just me! I get can get so close to finishing the dang thing and I’ll get downed or if I dodge/avoid I lose a fire. Just tuned to hard for me by such a close margin it was driving me nuts.

I may just give it a pass. Not nice though having such an abrupt change in difficulty. I’ve completed all the season two living story quests easily in just the past few days. This is a difficulty spike I can’t deal with.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

edit – to respond to 2nd post. You are most likely right. I need to wait until my frustration diminishes. I’ll try again later when I’m calmer. Thanks again Maxwell.

(edited by Ferguson.2157)

Maxwell.7843

In my experience, in situation like this the solution often lies with taking a break and trying again the following day, or the day after.

You remember that centaur boss with Caithe? Well, one night I tried challenge mode on my own and failed enough times to have all my armour broken.
The following day I ate a mango pie, a potion of centaur slaying, and did it on my first attempt.

I’m telling you, if you killed the centaur, you can kill this dragon.

Some tips for this encounter:

• A decent speed uptime is your friend in navigating the arena without having to dodge too much.
  • Since it’s story mode, you don’t need to detonate the bombs. But, if a couple of bombs happens to be on your path, you are better off detonating them (you need to run through the middle, where the roots of the bombs separate). This video by Dulfy shows how to detonate all bombs, just take notice on what’s the correct way to safely navigate through them. Keep in mind you do not need to detonate them.
  • When lighting the fire after the first burn phase, a shadowy mordrem will appear to smother the flame. You need to kill it, and to do so you need to be imbued with divine fire. It’s a good strategy to kill the shadowy modrem from range, while you are standing inside the divine fire aoe. This way you can then immediately run and light another part of the ring.
  • Braham’s dome should give you stability and protection if I recall correctly. Take advantage of it. In any case, bring a utility that gives you stability if you want to be on the safe side.
  • The dragon is a yellow enemy, which means you can’t crit. You can equip a full Soldier set and do as much damage as a Berserker.
  • Bring some condition cleansing for the occasional poison.
  • Bring some food that can boost your survivability. Mango Pie is cheap and gives you health regeneration and vitality, but there are other options. Some foods let you dodge more often for instance.

Good luck, let us know how it goes when you do try it again! :-D

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Ferguson.2157

Maxwell – You are absolutely right – I need to take a break.

The Centaur boss though difficult due to using a skill set I wasn’t familiar with was actually not that hard for me.

There’s the trick – Divine fire to allow me to kill the shadowy bugger! That’s a huge game changer! Thanks for that!

I’m going to try resetting my traits/skills loading up on Stability and increased movement.

I’ll let you know how it goes! Thanks yet again Maxwell!

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah, I figured you wouldn’t take my suggestion too well and I really hesitated to say it. But I thought I would point it out anyway. /shrug

Good luck with it though. I hope others can make suggestions you find more palatable.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If partying up for LS2 content hasn’t dawned on you yet….wow.

I’m a mostly solo player too, but I DO have sense enough to recognize content designed to not be easily soloed.

I also think it’s quite unfair for me (or anyone) that wants to solo this content to kitten at Devs for designing the content of an MMO to possibly be geared toward a party of players.

Per above, it’s not impossible to solo, but requires some alternate thought and different tactics to pull off.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Ferguson.2157

Yeah, I figured you wouldn’t take my suggestion too well and I really hesitated to say it. But I thought I would point it out anyway. /shrug

Good luck with it though. I hope others can make suggestions you find more palatable.

In no way am I not taking it well. I will be trying it with a group when I retry it after I’ve cooled off, as well as doing what else I mentioned above. I thought I had expressed my thanks.

I’m not being sarcastic, honestly thanks for your input – it is valued by me. My Soloing ranting is for the devs.

Ferguson.2157

If partying up for LS2 content hasn’t dawned on you yet….wow.

I’m a mostly solo player too, but I DO have sense enough to recognize content designed to not be easily soloed.

I also think it’s quite unfair for me (or anyone) that wants to solo this content to kitten at Devs for designing the content of an MMO to possibly be geared toward a party of players.

Per above, it’s not impossible to solo, but requires some alternate thought and different tactics to pull off.

Point one. LS2 which I unlocked with about 1200 gems a couple days ago has been enjoyable and fun solo. I don’t know why you’d think it odd that solo players might find group play, outside their normal behavior zone anyway, in a story line series that had not for the previous five sections required grouping might find it super obvious to group . As I expressed up top, I did note it was a tad myopic of me not to see that grouping was a solution. I don’t know why you want to beat me up on this point. I had already stated I should have seen that as a possible solution.

Point two. I’m a soloer for my own reasons. Many are soloers, as you state yourself included. It’s how some prefer the game. The game was marketed as having solo as well as group play. The games design is markedly geared to unteamed play in most areas, cooperative yes, grouped no.

Why don’t I group? Well before I had thought not to comment on my particulars but here goes: I’m 52 and take heavy medications to help me deal with my work incurred disabilities. Those drugs and my disabilities hinder perfect play. I have found that aside from a few good friends that most in the gaming community are unwilling to allow my impaired playing style to group with them without snide remarks (like your post) or rude booting midstream. I’d often get called a sponger or worse. My solution – to avoid unknown players altogether as all they normally get me is insults and a very unpleasant gaming experience. My disabilities are the result of the wars I’ve fought in over the course of my military career, 1986 to 2013.

Point three. Grouped content is fine, however when it is a spike in difficulty in a series of quests that are soloable and that require cash spent for gems to unlock I’d think a note stating that particular requirement would be nice or that it be designed to scale along the difficulty curve as per the previous stories.

Point four. You don’t know me. I’m asking for help here. I’m also venting as I’m frustrated. You offer no positive advice, just imply stupidity and wrongheadedness for wanting to play solo. Being helpful as opposed to judgmental might be more appropriate in a help section of a forum.

(Sarcasm on) Thanks for your helpful input. (Sarcasm off)

Astral Projections.7320

I was anxious about that episode as I had read how hard it was. I watched a video to see the mechanics. Made special dodge food. Then two guildies wanted to do it so I joined up with them. I handed out my dodge food, warned them it was really hard, and we went in. I walked out of a couple of circles, dodged maybe twice, lit the fires with no troubles as the dragon was targeting someone else. One person was downed once and the whole thing was over in a few minutes.

There is a huge difference in difficulty between solo and group. It either doesn’t scale down to solo or up to group, whichever.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yeah i get your point and I might have come down on you a bit hard but this game IS an MMO so you really shouldn’t expect the content to be geared for solo play beyond open world PvE. That was my point (and I made it poorly).

Sorry if you took my comments as calling you stupid, but the story modes are most certainly designed for cooperative group play or you wouldn’t be able to group with 4 others to do it. Sure it CAN be done solo but it is much easier to not force yourself to do it that way.

I 100% get your desire to NOT to party up with a Pick Up Group (certainly can leave a bad taste in your mouth) and I also get that your disabilities may cause issues in that area as well. Sorry I ruffled your feathers and wasn’t more helpful.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Ferguson.2157

I was anxious about that episode as I had read how hard it was. I watched a video to see the mechanics. Made special dodge food. Then two guildies wanted to do it so I joined up with them. I handed out my dodge food, warned them it was really hard, and we went in. I walked out of a couple of circles, dodged maybe twice, lit the fires with no troubles as the dragon was targeting someone else. One person was downed once and the whole thing was over in a few minutes.

There is a huge difference in difficulty between solo and group. It either doesn’t scale down to solo or up to group, whichever.

Roger that.

I’ve been away from the game for many months and was playing the totality of the LS2 series cold to reintroduce myself to the game and get back in the swing of things. Being in catch up mode as it were I was careful not to spoil it by reading up on any of these quests.

Frustrations aside, when I do try again it will be when I’m able to get a group of 3 or more and have exhausted any and all resources to improve my speed, dodge, and stability. Food buffs and reset of traits and skills, I may even attempt putting off one horrible medication for a day that really impairs my coordination.

This help post truly has helped me. again I want to thank you for your input. My dev rant was never directed at you, I should have left it off for posting those ideas/criticism in their “marketing” sub forum – oh wait – there is none for marketing.

Hopefully putting all your and Maxwells advice to work will allow me the same success you enjoyed.

Ferguson.2157

Yeah i get your point and I might have come down on you a bit hard but this game IS an MMO so you really shouldn’t expect the content to be geared for solo play beyond open world PvE. That was my point (and I made it poorly).

Sorry if you took my comments as calling you stupid, but the story modes are most certainly designed for cooperative group play or you wouldn’t be able to group with 4 others to do it. Sure it CAN be done solo but it is much easier to not force yourself to do it that way.

I 100% get your desire to NOT to party up with a Pick Up Group (certainly can leave a bad taste in your mouth) and I also get that your disabilities may cause issues in that area as well. Sorry I ruffled your feathers and wasn’t more helpful.

It’s all good. I’m frustrated and a bit sour too. Too much thing/talking about a game instead of playing it maybe.

You seem like a decent bloke, and hopefully soon I’ll have overcome my hurdle.

Happy trails (and gaming) to you!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Hey, I can help you with the instance. When will you be available?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Ferguson.2157

I’m thinking of trying again tomorrow after 1300 hrs PST. That’s a grand offer! Thanks much!

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The fight can be done solo and it isn’t a required to group up, whether for normal mode or Challenge mode. Just bring a towel and, most importantly, don’t panic.

The Shadow of the Dragon (“Shadow”) cycles between 3 phases.

Phase 1:
1. It’ll hop around the outside of its ring and occasionally call you names (big multi-hit cone of knock-backness). At the same time there will be x Modrem Tendrils that you will need to kill to progress (where x is dependant on Shadow’s HP and number of players in party).

2. If your profession has projectile-blocking or reflect skills like Illusionary Warden, Wall of Reflection or Smoke Screen, you can use it to block the poison bolts the Tendrils throw at you.

3. Otherwise, just skirt around the edge of the circle to avoid Shadow’s cone attack and kill the Tendrils. If you have trouble dodging Tendril melee attacks (1 head-bonk and 1 knockback), then use a ranged weapon.

Phase 2:
1. Once all the Tendrils are cleared, Shadow will dive into the centre of the ring. Don’t stand in the red.

2. This is the part where people panic and lose their minds because they forgot to bring a towel. Really, though, things are very predictable.

3. At every 5 second-ish interval, you’ll see some dirt clouds pop up in a line across the diameter of the circle, followed by rocks popping out. The rocks will deal minimal damage but apply Cripple. Cripple is bad because mobility is your lifeline. To avoid this, stay along the edge of the circle whenever you’re waiting for the next Divine Fire. When Rox tosses the Fire in, be a responsible pedestrian and look left, then right and cross when it’s safe.

4. Once in a while, some seed pods will sprout up. Getting near one will cause them to explode and apply a hell of a Burn. However, take note that these sprout in pairs and have a rather obvious “trip wire” bit running between them. The trick to clear these is to align your character perpendicular (90-degrees) to the pair of Pods, and run straight through. The Seed Pods will explode and you, my friend, will look like an action hero (or something out of the Gangnam Style music video).

5. During all this, Shadow has 3 attacks, which I refer to as “Big-Big-Small”. “Big” attacks are claw attacks that will knock you down and apply Cripple and Bleed. “Small” attacks are bite attacks that will knock you up (hurhur) and apply Bleed. “Big” attacks can be largely ignored by having Stability, while “Small” attacks bypasses Stability (but not Aegis).

6. #3, #4 and #5 will repeat until you achieve the objective of this phase, which is to light up y points around the circle with Divine Fire (where y = 4 or more, depending on number of players in the party). You do this by walking into the white circle of Divine Fire that Rox tosses in, running to the designated spot and pressing “F”. Braum, when he’s not fixing his hair or doing crunches, will shield you with a bubble, giving you 1s of Stability, Protection and Regeneration every second. You can make use of Braum’s shield and ignore the “Big” attacks while channeling the Divine Fire; you will still need to step out of the “small” attacks’ red circle.

7. Once all the fires are lighted, we proceed to Phase 3.

Phase 3:
1. The Divine Fires will create a ring and force the Shadow out of the ground. Because aliens.

2. Rocks will fall from the ceiling and knock you down, but generally don’t deal much damage.

3. During this phase, your goal is to deal as much damage to Shadow as possible within a time limit. The time limit is indicated by the shadowy figures that spawn the centre of the circle and walk towards the edge. The figures are fully invulnerable, so just follow your companion’s advice and focus on the Shadow. Keep an eye out for Kasmeer’s Time Warp for more DPS.

4. Shadow will turn invulnerable at 50% HP, but the phase won’t end prematurely, i.e. you will still be dodging falling rocks until the shadowy figures reach the circle’s edge.

5. Once this phase ends, Phase 1 repeats with changes.

Changes to the 2nd cycle and beyond:
Phase 1: After one cone attack, Shadow will throw rocks down in two volleys. It’s easier to focus on avoiding the attacks before continuing to kill the Tendrils.

Phase 2: After you light one Fire, a Shadowy Figure will appear at the centre of the ring. The Figure will walk towards the last Fire that was lighted and extinguish it. It is invulnerable to all your attacks unless you have the Divine Fire, after which they will die to one hit of a wet tissue.

Phase 3: Nothing.

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

I have completed this fight on the following professions, so I’ll post my experience and tips for each.

1. Mesmer (Assassin/Berserker build; 6/4/0/0/4; Sword-Sword/Pistol)
My first character to ever experience this fight. Besides getting hit by every blasted attack thrown her way, her DPS was also kitten during Phase 3 as the Phantasms would get hit by falling rocks and be utterly useless. Feedback was of limited use in Phase 1; Sword #2 and #4 were useful for mitigating “Big” and “Small” attacks in Phase 2.

2. Guardian (Berserker build; 2/6/0/4/2; Greatsword/Sword-Focus)
What a cake walk. Retreat! for Aegis and Swiftness during Phase 2, Stand Your Ground! for extra Stability during Phase 3, and Shelter, Shield of Wrath and Renewed as Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free passes. Needless to say this was the guy I used to solo the Story Journal achievements.

3. Thief (Berserker build; 6/6/0/0/2; Dagger-Dagger/Pistol-Pistol)
Being squishy as heck, she had to tread lightly throughout the encounter. I actively cleared Seed Pods and baited “Big” and “Small” attacks away from the areas where she needed to channel the Divine Fire.

4. Hunter (Berserk build; 6/4/0/4/0; Sword-Axe/Longbow)
Another cake walk. Signet of the Wild and Rampage as One for loads of Stability during Phase 3, and Healing Spring for heals and condition cleansing. Used Longbow for the Tendrils and Sword-Axe for Phase 3.

Ferguson.2157

Ojimaru – Awesome break down. That info will come in handy.

Thanks much for such a well broken down help post!

Posted by: Anemone.8347

Anemone.8347

Being able to figure out boss attack patterns is an important skill in any game.
When the dragon goes underground it follows a set pattern.
1. two claw attacks – you can normally just walk out of this
2. rocks – you can see where they will be from dust on the ground, again walk out of the way
3. biting attack – smaller circle than the claws, dodge or walk out. stability does not stop this from interrupting you.
4. sometimes the dragon does another rocks attack, I’m not entirely sure what causes it. I think it has to do with plants still being there but i never bothered to fully check.

How to do it:
To get the fire walk through the white fire circle – sounds obvious but some people seem to miss this. idk why
Best time to light the wall is after the 2 claw attacks, during the rocks. If you dont start the fire right away you might get hit by the bite and interrupted. If you think you wont make it just cancel out and wait for the next loop through the pattern.
You can also light the fire after the bite if it does the second rock attack.
You can sometimes light the fire during the claw attacks because braham’s shield gives stability. I don’t recommend this because you will take a lot of damage.

You can safely get rid of the bomb plants by running right between them. Just make sure its the center.

important – when you have the fire buff you can 1-shot the shadows so they don’t extinguish the ring

Heres a video of me doing it on my thief with no armor and no traits – sorry about the low quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojW3MlxRUBs

Ferguson.2157

Anemone, that No 3 attack was a real problem for me. it got me cussing up a storm. I’d pop stability, try to light, and get knocked on my keester lol.

Knowing that I can kill the shadow will be great help too! Actually this one thing, getting the fire aura and killing the shadow, would have allowed me to scrape by earlier I think.

Videos too, time to watch that mine plant move. Thanks! edit: at 6:00 in your video is where I’d choke each time, that looked so calm and collected and in control. Awesome to watch you walk about in the video unscathed – film is so much easier to understand than word pictures.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Pretty sure the flame don’t scale but the number of shadows that smother the flames will increase for each additional player.

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

Its actually pretty easy, standing still is the hardest part…..

I did the dam thing as an elementalist, I then helped a warrior complete it….the flames are extinguished by shadow creatures, you need to have the divine flame on when you attack.

After that the flame will not go out until you fight the dragon again.

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

I solo’d it…and since I am definitly NOT Gods gift to experienced players, I think everyone can dot his solo

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m thinking of trying again tomorrow after 1300 hrs PST. That’s a grand offer! Thanks much!

I find that the instance owner always takes the aggro of the boss and tanks all the CC. So, party members always have much easier time just to dodge the bomb blossom and the rock. I can always open the instance and help you through.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Maxwell.7843

Pretty sure the flame don’t scale but the number of shadows that smother the flames will increase for each additional player.

I tested it in a 2 players party, the number of flames scaled up, only one shadow.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Ferguson.2157

Thank you all for your suggestions and help!

I succeed tonight. I died once and was downed a few times as well. Killing the shadow helped enormously, as did changing some skills for signet for movement and stability, and knowing how to zip between the landmine plants. I went nicely buffed up with food. I used dual axes, a short bow and hyenas.

Special thanks to Iris Ng for contacting me in-game and offering to help, unfortunately we weren’t able to group up for it, but her talking with me gave me the boot to the keester I needed to get me moving!

Posted by: ArtifexDominus.8675

ArtifexDominus.8675

I

• When lighting the fire after the first burn phase, a shadowy mordrem will appear to smother the flame. You need to kill it, and to do so you need to be imbued with divine fire. It’s a good strategy to kill the shadowy modrem from range, while you are standing inside the divine fire aoe. This way you can then immediately run and light another part of the ring.

This, a million times. This was the missing key to me not being able to solo it! Thank you so much!

Posted by: Noen.9130

Noen.9130

Ok my problem in Mystery Cave is not dying, it’s the fact that we can’t figure out how to hurt the kitten thing when the head is trapped. Like… our burns are not burning. My friend and I (guardian/warrior team up) can’t hurt it when we’re in burn mode. Do you have to distance it? Is there some sort of trick to being able to damage it? It’s really aggravating and we’ve never encountered a problem in progressing like this in any PvE setting.

Khisanth.2948

That one is a bug. Some people have reported success using ranged attacks.

Posted by: chromeHound.8153

chromeHound.8153

still has bug.
waste my time.

tell me.
hate melee-class?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I hated that one, but two of us did it in the end, you just have to get the hang of whats going on.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Finding Sanity.1283

Finding Sanity.1283

What a kitten. It took forever to get it to half health then i noticed it wasnt taking damage. I just exited the game because it was nonsense. This living world kitten is such a waste of time. It takes forever to do the escorting around and talking to npcs and clicking though dialogues, running back and forth taking skrit tunnels you dont have access to until people do the quests. I miss gw1’s main story, it was simple. Guild Wars 2 looks good but doesnt compare to gw1. I never liked it to begin with. And havent spent a dime since release but i Have spent money on Marvel Heroes because they actually give the community what they want and show they care. But in gw2: Want a cool set of armor? spend real money instead of actually crafting it. crafted armor you say? yes you can craft your armor if you spend more real money or play 24-7 to get the gold to buy the mats to craft it. I feel like every set is a set of Obsidian armor, I never got my obsidian armor in gw1 either because they nerfed ecto farming and the hackers and gold sellers cornered the market and ruined the game there too towards the end. It shouldnt be that complicated. But you can always spend real money and buy a cool cosmetic set on the market. Since thats what they want anyways. I was looking forward to HoT but im out of work and i doubt it will be any better accepted, so it may not be worth it anyways. Pretty sad since I bought every gw1 expac on release day. No sense paying 40-50 bucks for guild halls and an extra character slot.

Posted by: fredfredburger.9078

fredfredburger.9078

I’m at the cave entrance were I a have to ‘’use the fire’’ to open the cave.. I’ve did this on a previous character before heat of thorns update but when i went to do it now nothing I did worked, the fire dose nothing and I can’t open it. only thing I haven’t done is try to Restart the quest line from scratch.. any suggestions?

Khisanth.2948

It’s a bug so there isn’t really much you can do. You could try restarting but mostly it is waiting for ANet to fix it.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Wait until you get to the achievements in the last story quest of HoT and then fight the bugs all whilst it take you 15 min to reset each time a bug destroy you, because you have to restart the whole quest and kill everything on the way to this and go through cinematics and then the fight it self is very long and tedious. Not very hard just annoyingly long with lots of things that can bug out, and will bug out.

We were 3 players doing it all 3 on ts and we tried it 5 times making every step perfect and should have managed on the first try, but one bug after the other hit us. After 5 tries we were so upset that we left the instance and i don’t think we will ever go back again and have to live with that bugs beat us down and the last achievements in that story will never be done.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well if this part of Story is supposed to make it with other people why when you start it dont say,,, For this part you need a zerg of players’’ and some will know ok i first need to go interact actually pay some players cos this days evryone have own stuff to do and do that Story part.

It definitely can be done solo.

If it’s the 2nd fire ring you’re having trouble with the ‘trick’ is that a Smothering Shadow will spawn in the centre of the area each time you light one of the fire walls. It will walk slowly to the wall and then put it out.

You need to get the Divine Fire buff (from the white circle) and then attack it – one hit will kill it. After that no more will spawn until you light another side. So then ‘all’ you need to do is get the buff back and light another section. Then repeat the pattern until all 4 are lit.

If you’re having trouble with another part it’s probably explained earlier in this topic, or you can tell us and we can help you. You could also ask your guild in-game for help, or try a LFG message.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

I did this tonight for the first time. It took me about an hour and I died four times but I finished it. Wish I had known that we could kill the clouds. I just thought I had to light the fires faster than the clouds were putting them out. I figured out how to make the pods explode half way through but didn’t know there was a pattern that i could just go around in a circle and get them all. I ran into a slight bug trying to enter the cave but backed up, walked towards it again and jumped around till I got in. On a side note, I am a 53 year old guy with a slow reaction time and often don’t do well but I have found that persistance and practice helps a lot, and when I get stuck, I watch a related video, read the wiki and if all else fails come here or go to LA for advice. Many players are very helpful and I appreciate it.

Posted by: etsubmariner.4690

etsubmariner.4690

I’m going to go on record as having a significant hard time with their design choices around combat in the season story missions. Too complicated. I got tired of the ninth try on this particular one, and sent them a support ticket. Provide a way to Skip to End after being down three times in any season story combat episode. Players can choose to continue each time they are downed or just skip it. The rewards aren’t worth kitten anyway. Not missing anything. We get it. Square root of the hypotenuse of the right triangle complications nonsense just don’t work for some people and we want to move on neatly after having had to try it three times.