The Queensdale Train

The Queensdale Train

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tweek.5391

Tweek.5391

Now you know the basics to the Queensdale Train I’m going to tell you about a couple of things that can derail the train.

• First is the wasp, which can be found by the Boar. Around the yellow circle marked Wasp on the map. This champion is a rarer spawn then the others in the train, so it’s good to check the area real quick while your waiting for Boar to spawn.
  • Second is the Shadow Behemoth, which is considered a World Boss in Queensdale. It spawns every 2-3 hours, and people will usually tell you when it’s up, or when the “Pre’s” are up, which are a set of events you have to do in order for the World Boss to spawn. To get to the SB, go to the PWP and follow the red path toward the yellow circle I marked on the map. It is best to use ranged weapons when fighting him, makes it easier to hit him and deal damage. Now since SB is a world boss, he drops a chest you can loot after he dies, but this chest only drops once per day (per character, so you can kill him on 3 different characters and get 3 chests) and this chest resets when dailies do. Which is 7pm est. time.

That is the basics of the Queensdale Train. I hope this helps you guys and if you have any questions feel free to post them down below. I’ll answer the best I can.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

If you chose to use the link, I suggest right clicking on it and choosing the Open Link in New Tab so that it does not change this page.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Darken Maine.5794

Darken Maine.5794

Wish I had had this when I started – very useful. Just one thing, we in Piken do not tend to stop for bandit.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

Wish I had had this when I started – very useful. Just one thing, we in Piken do not tend to stop for bandit.

On Ehmry Bay, the server I’m on, if the train isn’t TOO big, we do stop for bandit, but I have noticed if the train gets too big that people do skip Bandit.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

Please +1 my post if it helps or has helped you.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

On the Isle of Janthir server, nobody ever does Bandit after Troll. It’s an optional step after Spider and before Boar. I think we’re the only server that completely refuses to make the Bandit an official part of the train. I think that says something right there…

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

Your order is way out of wack and way inefficient. Correct order as far as I know is:
Boar, oak, troll, bandit, spider, wasp…. repeat.

Each round takes about 5-7 minutes… very easy as long as no one snipes or messes up the order.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

Your order is way out of wack and way inefficient. Correct order as far as I know is:
Boar, oak, troll, bandit, spider, wasp…. repeat.

Each round takes about 5-7 minutes… very easy as long as no one snipes or messes up the order.

My order is the way I have done it for my entire time playing GW, I have never heard or seen someone do it any other way. But I guess to everyone their own.
Edit: My way also takes 5-7 minutes, so technically no, my way is not out of wack or inefficient.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

On the Isle of Janthir server, nobody ever does Bandit after Troll. It’s an optional step after Spider and before Boar. I think we’re the only server that completely refuses to make the Bandit an official part of the train. I think that says something right there…

Every server is different, I only put it the way it is on my server. I’m not responsible for how any other server does it.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Every server is different, I only put it the way it is on my server. I’m not responsible for how any other server does it.

I agree that my server’s way of doing it isn’t optimal. What I meant was that we must be the most stubborn and stupid server of them all because the community adamantly refuses to follow the optimal pattern and instead cuts out a whole champion (Bandit) because they’re lazy.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Bandit after spider and before boar. If you go to bandit after boar—others will take out oak and spider while you doing bandit—now you lose 2 champs and still get to hang around watching others preen themselves while you wait around for boar.
@OP
BTW, were you the guy that came on Eredon Terrace this afternoon and insisted we change to your way (as listed) ?? It caused alot of flack and bad feelings and it is sure coincdental this post shows up here tonight after the various confrontations. In the end ET continued/s to go boar,troll,oak ,spider, bandit(sometimes) and wasp whenever it shows up.
It really makes no diff, you still get all the champs other than a few seconds lost and the WP charge (both of which are insignificant).
P.S. didn’t now you owned the server—lol.

(edited by Blude.6812)

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

Bandit after spider and before boar. If you go to bandit after boar—others will take out oak and spider while you doing bandit—now you lose 2 champs and still get to hang around watching others preen themselves while you wait around for boar.
@OP
BTW, were you the guy that came on Eredon Terrace this afternoon and insisted we change to your way (as listed) ?? It caused alot of flack and bad feelings and it is sure coincdental this post shows up here tonight after the various confrontations. In the end ET continued/s to go boar,troll,oak ,spider, bandit(sometimes) and wasp whenever it shows up.
It really makes no diff, you still get all the champs other than a few seconds lost and the WP charge (both of which are insignificant).

lol no, I havn’t left my server Ehmry Bay since I bought the game when it came out. Honestly, I just have seen a lot of new people join my train so I figured I’d post a self help guide to anyone new to trains. The fact you had someone come on right as I posted this is pure coincidence and quite hilarious honestly.

Edit: I OWN ALL THE SERVERS lol jk.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

If you are New to the game, Please Do NOT follow this guide or the (Train).

The (Train) is just another way for high levels to spam/grind contents repeatedly.
It’s Not an official way of playing the game. It’s an unofficial groups of players who try to do events in a certain order for the hecks of exp/rewards rather than actually experiencing the game as a whole.

For new players, I highly recommend to ignore the (Train) and explore the world, See what Tyria has to offer. You can get lots of exp and loot by just playing the game and having fun doing contents you love.

Grinding/Spamming the same content is optional and yet, not required.
It is the BEST way to burn yourself out of the game, and the worst way to start getting into GW2.

You experience all contents at lvl30, so there is no need to rush to lvl80.
The whole point of leveling in GW2, is so you can explore higher level areas, doing the contents you already love.

Kill champions with friends or solo is fine and fun! But understand that the (Train) does not have authority to stop you or hate on you when you’re just playing the game. Enjoy the game for how it’s meant.

Here are Lists of Contents you could be experiencing as you level and gain loot:

((Dynamic Events))
((Personal Story))
((Story Dungeons))
((Explorable Dungeons))
((Open World Dungeons))
((Fracticl of Mists))
((Jumping Puzzles))
((Vista Challenge))
((Skill Challenge))
((Minigames))
((Guild Bounty))
((Guild Puzzles))
((Guild Rush))
((Guild Challenges))
((Gatherings))
((Crafting))
((Super Adventure Box))
((Live Story Events))
((Achievment Activities))
((WvWvW))
((T-PvP))

etc.

My Advice: Explore and enjoy the contents GW2 offers. Experience the game as a whole.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

The (Train) is just another way for high levels to spam/grind contents repeatedly.
It’s Not an official way of playing the game. It’s an unofficial groups of players who try to do events in a certain order for the hecks of exp/rewards rather than actually experiencing the game as a whole.

For new players, I highly recommend to ignore the (Train) and explore the world, See what Tyria has to offer. You can get lots of exp and loot by just playing the game and having fun doing contents you love.

It is the BEST way to burn yourself out of the game, and the worst way to start getting into GW2.

The whole point of leveling in GW2, is so you can explore higher level areas, doing the contents you already love.

Kill champions with friends or solo is fine and fun! But understand that the (Train) does not have authority to stop you or hate on you when you’re just playing the game. Enjoy the game for how it’s meant.

Here are Lists of Contents you could be experiencing as you level and gain loot:
((Dynamic Events))
((Personal Story))
((Story Dungeons))
((Explorable Dungeons))
((Open World Dungeons))
((Fracticl of Mists))
((Jumping Puzzles))
((Vista Challenge))
((Skill Challenge))
((Minigames))
((Guild Bounty))
((Guild Puzzles))
((Guild Rush))
((Guild Challenges))
((Gatherings))
((Crafting))
((Super Adventure Box))
((Live Story Events))
((WvWvW))
((T-PvP))

etc.

My Advice: Explore and enjoy the contents GW2 offers. Experience the game as a whole.

You would be that guy. This isn’t a guide telling people to do the train and not do anything else, this is a guide for people NEW TO THE TRAIN, aka: people who already decided they want to try train. No need to be a d**k, and I would appreciate it if you took down the post, since it has no reason to be here.

(edited by Tweek.5391)

The Queensdale Train

DreamyAbaddon.3265

((Dynamic Events))
((Personal Story))
((Story Dungeons))
((Explorable Dungeons))
((Open World Dungeons))
((Fracticl of Mists))
((Jumping Puzzles))
((Vista Challenge))
((Skill Challenge))
((Minigames))
((Guild Bounty))
((Guild Puzzles))
((Guild Rush))
((Guild Challenges))
((Gatherings))
((Crafting))
((Super Adventure Box))
((Live Story Events))
((WvWvW))
((T-PvP))

etc.

You would be that guide. This isn’t a guide telling people to do the train and not do anything else, this is a guide for people NEW TO THE TRAIN, aka: people who already decided they want to try train. No need to be a d**k, and I would appreciate it if you took down the post, since it has no reason to be here.

I disagree with you.
This is a sub-forum where new players will also come for information.
And this information you have provided may mislead new players in thinking that (Trains) are the Normal way of playing when playing the GW2 Experience.

The information I have provided in this thread simply guides newbies away from the (Train). Those who wish to do (Train) can do so as long as new players are informed in what the (Train) actually is.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

((Dynamic Events))
((Personal Story))
((Story Dungeons))
((Explorable Dungeons))
((Open World Dungeons))
((Fracticl of Mists))
((Jumping Puzzles))
((Vista Challenge))
((Skill Challenge))
((Minigames))
((Guild Bounty))
((Guild Puzzles))
((Guild Rush))
((Guild Challenges))
((Gatherings))
((Crafting))
((Super Adventure Box))
((Live Story Events))
((WvWvW))
((T-PvP))

etc.

You would be that guide. This isn’t a guide telling people to do the train and not do anything else, this is a guide for people NEW TO THE TRAIN, aka: people who already decided they want to try train. No need to be a d**k, and I would appreciate it if you took down the post, since it has no reason to be here.

I disagree with you.
And this information you have provided may mislead new players in thinking that (Trains) are the Normal way of playing when playing the GW2 Experience.

The information I have provided in this thread simply guides newbies away from the (Train). Those who wish to do (Train) can do so as long as new players are informed in what the (Train) actually is.

If you wanted to tell newbies other ways to enjoy the game, you could of created a thread of your own or done so in a not so disruptive manor.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

((Dynamic Events))
((Personal Story))
((Story Dungeons))
((Explorable Dungeons))
((Open World Dungeons))
((Fracticl of Mists))
((Jumping Puzzles))
((Vista Challenge))
((Skill Challenge))
((Minigames))
((Guild Bounty))
((Guild Puzzles))
((Guild Rush))
((Guild Challenges))
((Gatherings))
((Crafting))
((Super Adventure Box))
((Live Story Events))
((WvWvW))
((T-PvP))

etc.

I disagree with you.

But just so you feel special, I’ll edit my thread just for you sweetheart.

The Queensdale Train

DreamyAbaddon.3265

If you wanted to tell newbies other ways to enjoy the game, you could of created a thread of your own or done so in a not so disruptive manor.

Don’t worry about it. I’m already working on it. =)
As for my post in this thread, I’m doing it to be heard. Forums are a place were people exchange information and have discussions.

I’m sorry you do not like my response.
Good luck to you.

The Queensdale Train

Blude.6812

@OP

lol no, I havn’t left my server Ehmry Bay since I bought the game when it came out. Honestly, I just have seen a lot of new people join my train so I figured I’d post a self help guide to anyone new to trains. The fact you had someone come on right as I posted this is pure coincidence and quite hilarious honestly.

LOL—-thanks for that—but it really is a funny coincidence then—wierd. Take care.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

As for my post in this thread, I’m doing it to be heard. Forums are a place were people exchange information and have discussions.

Good luck to you.

It’s not the response I dislike, it’s the attitude at which you posted it in. If it wasn’t in such a a**hole type mood, I wouldn’t of said something about it.

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

@OP

LOL—-thanks for that—but it really is a funny coincidence then—wierd. Take care.

Gaming world is full of weird coincidences, do you know the guys name? I really only have one person I ever play.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: lapo.4268

lapo.4268

Good luck to you.

It’s not the response I dislike, it’s the attitude at which you posted it in. If it wasn’t in such a a**hole type mood, I wouldn’t of said something about it.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: lapo.4268

lapo.4268

Dreamy abbadon’s reply on the official post thread is solely in the intention of leading new players in the way Arena.net wants them to, exploration, because guild wars 2 is built around it. I honestly thank him for taking his time making it too.

Theres wasn’t any, like you said; ‘’A**hole type mood’’ in the way he wrote it, you just took it for granted, and it just makes you look like the person in wrong, don’t go super defensive for no reason, I don’t want to tell you what to do but you get the point.

(edited by lapo.4268)

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Minichris.3517

Minichris.3517

i think that Dreamy Abbadon’s post helped or is helping new players to understand what is going on and helping them to get what people are talking about in Queensdale and that it isn’t the only way to play GW

The Queensdale Train

Tweek.5391

Dreamy abbadon’s reply on the official post thread is solely in the intention of leading new players in the way Arena.net wants them to, exploration, because guild wars 2 is built around it. I honestly thank him for taking his time making it too.

Theres wasn’t any, like you said; ‘’A**hole type mood’’ in the way he wrote it, you just took it for granted, and it just makes you look like the person in wrong, don’t go super defensive for no reason, I don’t want to tell you what to do but you get the point.

Let me aim you at the very first line. "If you are New to the game, Please Do NOT follow this guide or the (Train). " That right there, led the rest of his post to sound like an kitten rant, all he’s doing is being “that guy” and leading people away from my post and making it seem like that this is all there is to the game. Had he reworded it in such a way where it didn’t sound like an kitten rant, I would of gladly agreed with him and left it at that. It’s all about the inflection. Now I’m done about this topic.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

First of all, good guide.

Second of all, DreamyAbaddon’s post didn’t come off as rude or whiny at all to me, just informative. Note that in that first line, he says “if you are new”- he doesn’t leave it at “don’t follow this guide or the train.” Nowhere does he attack your guide itself. It’s a good post and certainly not one that should be removed.

Sure, stuff can be worded better, but overall I think you’re overreacting a bit…

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Grimibis.8512

Grimibis.8512

Let me aim you at the very first line. "If you are New to the game, Please Do NOT follow this guide or the (Train). " That right there, led the rest of his post to sound like an kitten rant, all he’s doing is being “that guy” and leading people away from my post and making it seem like that this is all there is to the game. Had he reworded it in such a way where it didn’t sound like an kitten rant, I would of gladly agreed with him and left it at that. It’s all about the inflection. Now I’m done about this topic.

Tweeky, from how you are reacting to all of this is giving me cancer. Now what I just said was rude. In the way abaddon responds to you, he is not being rude whatsoever. There is a difference between being rude and being informative. If anything, you are the one attacking abaddon.

Message me ingame @ Grimibis.8512
Skype @ luisownyou@ymail.com
Steam @ Grimibis

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m here because I’m interested in the order of the train to level my adds. I’m not entirely new to the game myself but I really appreciate this information. (To be honest, I didn’t know the spider before and haven’t known what triggers Wasp?)

I’m a bit baffled with the later arguments though. They do not seem constructive. So people, lay it off.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: uanaka.3072

uanaka.3072

This is a great guide that I think I will refer to once I get a few characters to 80 first. Just wondering, you say it takes 5-7 minutes right? Is it 5-7 minutes for the whole train? Because i’m guessing these are like strong mobs and it’s either you just have a large group or am I thinking that they are harder than what they really are?

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

This is a great guide that I think I will refer to once I get a few characters to 80 first. Just wondering, you say it takes 5-7 minutes right? Is it 5-7 minutes for the whole train? Because i’m guessing these are like strong mobs and it’s either you just have a large group or am I thinking that they are harder than what they really are?

it takes 5-7 minutes for a round of the train.
These are harder enemies and I remember when the game launched and the train did not exist some of them could wipe a whole group of 5 people easily. There is no way that you could take one of them on alone if you are at level, they will wipe the floor with you.
The train is just a big blob of people so these go down very fast.

i would not recommend taking your first character anywhere near the train though simply because it limits your game so much. It doesn’t teach you the skills you need and shows you nothing of the world or all the fun things in it.

If you have been around the block a few times, the train can be useful to catch for a few minutes of stress free daily’s and some karma and gold. not everyone is into it- the thing to keep in mind is to be respectful to others- and that includes people not on the train.

Gunnar’s Hold

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Tweeky, from how you are reacting to all of this is giving me cancer. Now what I just said was rude. In the way abaddon responds to you, he is not being rude whatsoever. There is a difference between being rude and being informative. If anything, you are the one attacking abaddon.

If Abbadon is being…cough,cough..informative like this of course Tweeky will get upset.If Abbadon is writing such a post with that attitude better to make his own thread rather than posting like he did in this one.
I support on 100% Tweeky

The guide is great i never did the train before.
Yes i have 5 80’s.
Yes i have fully geared ascended toon with legendary but i never knew how the train in queensdale works.So for me this a the perfect guide.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

The Queensdale Train

Blude.6812

If Abbadon is being…cough,cough..informative like this of course Tweeky will get upset.If Abbadon is writing such a post with that attitude better to make his own thread rather than posting like he did in this one.
I support on 100% Tweeky

The guide is great i never did the train before.
Yes i have 5 80’s.
Yes i have fully geared ascended toon with legendary but i never knew how the train in queensdale works.So for me this a the perfect guide.

Both were informative but Tweeky over reacted (imho). If he had a problem with the post a report to a mod would have been more appropriate and less inflammatory.
Btw alot of servers do the train in a different order (and better for reasons discussed above).

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

I like it when people say their server ‘does it differently’ or ‘we skip X’. There is ONE most efficient and cost effective way to farm on the train, and almost no server does it. I have guested around to many servers to try and find one where logic guides the train, but I have not found one that remains on the logical path for long. The train exists to provide the fastest and most efficient farming, yet for whatever reason laziness and pigheadedness often win the day.

To start with, Boar dictates the train. It is the only champ that should ever be waited for (huge zerg killing everything too fast is an exception), and as such, SHOULD be the last stop at all times. It should not always be the first stop. For example, when SB spawns, people will often go to boar afterwards. WRONG! You should wipe every other champion that is up before going back to boar. Of course, you might not know which of the champs are up, but it is easy enough to hazard a guess based on where the train left off to go and fight SB. Arrive at boar after wiping all the remaining champs and there will be no wait, removing opportunity for a derailment or snipers. This resets the train nicely instead of the typical hour of arguing and partial trains following SB, yet nobody does it.

Troll should always be followed by bandit. The majority of servers skip bandit for no reason, which is puzzling (this goes contrary to ‘most efficient farm’, because it is a missed champ and additional time spent waiting for boar). Bandit shouldn’t be waypointed to if it follows troll, walking there is simple and, contrary to the only argument I have heard, does not slow the train down (a train that walks to bandit still must wait for boar).

Oak is EZ, the only thing that troubles Oak is the sniper.

Spider should be done before boar so only one waypointing is required.

If Wasp is up, it should be done after spider but before boar. Wasp is on the longest respawn cycle, so killing it ASAP is the most efficient way to farm it. Not after boar, not ‘next round’, ASAP. Why make yourself wait longer for the loot?

Of course, all of this is worthless, because the most efficient way to run the train is ruined by lazy players. One person waypoints to bandit while everyone else walks, part of the walking group doesn’t get their tag, then next cycle EVERYBODY waypoints. Cost added, efficiency down. SB spawns and half the group goes to clear Oak before killing boar, half the group goes straight to boar and kills it (then whines that Oak is not up when they get there). Next cycle, everybody goes to boar after SB, Oak is sniped, the train waypoints to it uselessly, efficiency goes down.

This post is sterile and lame, I know, I just can’t figure out why anybody rides the train yet wants to only do 3 of the stops, ruining the efficiency for all the other players. If you’re gonna partake in boring powerfarm, do it RIGHT. The same thing has happened to the Frostgorge train, there is the most efficient way and then there is the way everybody is forced to do it because of snipers and ignorance.

EDIT: I should add that this is not directed at anyone within the thread, rather trains in general. One server I found (it will remain unnamed) only did Boar —> Troll —> Oak —> Boar. A fifteen minute cycle for 3 bags and 4-9 pieces of loot. What is the kitten point?

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Kuduka.3860

Kuduka.3860

I’ve never thought about doing that toxic. I might suggest this to the train on my server.

I am all forms of Kuduka.
Kuduka- Elementalist | Kudukâ- Mesmer |
Kuduka Dark- Necromancer

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Come for the loot, stay for the toxic chat.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

The Queensdale Train

Morrigan.2809

@Toxic while my server does do it that way, many people skip bandit and spider because they go down so fast.

Slow classes like Mesmer for instance cannot keep up with the main zerg- it is much better to go on and wait at the next champ than to try trailing after the train and being late for all of them.

I have found that it is people who are obsessed with efficiency and making the most bags the fastest, that very often derails the train because they don’t wait
- this happens much more than ninjas.
And makes for a very stressful experience for all involved.

I have seen the map explode in rage over this more than once, not because of a solo killer- mostly in case of a ninja the train just shrugs and moves on.

It is the self proclaimed dictators of pace that spoils it for everyone.
Any really so what if I don’t like bandit?
I ’ll wait at Oak.

Gunnar’s Hold

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Osorio.2154

Osorio.2154

Wasn’t the OP a lot more detailed yesterday?

Anyway… I agree with Morrigan; this guide is awesome and it helped me a lot yesterday, but it would be really nice if people could understand that not everyone knows EXACTLY what to do and could slow a little bit to make the process more enjoyable for everyone. I actually quite like the wait on the boar because it breaks up all the desperate running around, gives some time to unwind, drink some water, chat some words or bust some moves.

I was doing the train yesterday with a Mesmer and some stops are simply not very practical for me. I’m also on the Isle of Janthir, and like Equinox mentioned earlier, Bandit is neglected to the core, but the two times I managed to get a group willing to go there, I didn’t actually landed a single hit and wasn’t allowed to loot. The path is narrow and winding and unless you move very fast, he will most likely be dead before you get there. If he isn’t dead, the cluster*ck of people will more often than not prevent me from acquiring target either way.
Almost the same thing with Spider, people rush that thing and it dies in like a second. I simply gave up on going to it after the 5th cycle. I’ll wait at Boar.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

If you are dying to the level 4 theif mobs on the way to Bandit, you are not who the train is meant to assist. You should be doing hearts or story quests until you are a level where you are not too handicapped to run the train properly.

I take a mesmer on the train regularly, with Blink and Temporal Curtain it is not tough to tag all the champs. If you are unable to keep up with the train, you are not using the correct items to be the most efficient and you are not who the train is meant to assist. The train is for powerfarming, if you want some casual levels that’s cool! Sit at boar and go to troll afterwards and you get a couple of events with time in-between to smoke a cig or scratch your butt. You can benefit from the train without impeding it, and that is what most people fail to realize.

It is not a matter of -me- dictating the pace of the train, there is only one pace. Run all the champs and get all the tags and pick up all your loot in one cycle, that is the pace. The people dictating pace are the ones who don’t bother queueing waypoints or having the right gear or skills. You want to drink some water and slash dance? Cool beans, that doesn’t mean you should create a situation where the whole train has to wait for you. Sit out for a champ, don’t start the next one early. EVERYBODY gets more loot if the train is running at max speed. EVERYBODY gets less loot when it isn’t. Ideally you want to be sitting at each champ, waiting on the respawn because the zerg blew through the cycle so fast it is a race against respawn timers.

The most frustrating thing is when people skips champs and then call out the next one. Great, now Oak is dying while the real train is at bandit.

tl;dr The Train isn’t as fun as many other parts of the game, the only reason to ride is money. And you lose money by being inefficient, so it seems doubly silly to me.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

The Queensdale Train

Morrigan.2809

If you are dying to the level 4 theif mobs on the way to Bandit, you are not who the train is meant to assist. You should be doing hearts or story quests until you are a level where you are not too handicapped to run the train properly.

I take a mesmer on the train regularly, with Blink and Temporal Curtain it is not tough to tag all the champs. If you are unable to keep up with the train, you are not using the correct items to be the most efficient and you are not who the train is meant to assist. The train is for powerfarming, if you want some casual levels that’s cool! Sit at boar and go to troll afterwards and you get a couple of events with time in-between to smoke a cig or scratch your butt. You can benefit from the train without impeding it, and that is what most people fail to realize.

It is not a matter of -me- dictating the pace of the train, there is only one pace. Run all the champs and get all the tags and pick up all your loot in one cycle, that is the pace. The people dictating pace are the ones who don’t bother queueing waypoints or having the right gear or skills. You want to drink some water and slash dance? Cool beans, that doesn’t mean you should create a situation where the whole train has to wait for you. Sit out for a champ, don’t start the next one early. EVERYBODY gets more loot if the train is running at max speed. EVERYBODY gets less loot when it isn’t. Ideally you want to be sitting at each champ, waiting on the respawn because the zerg blew through the cycle so fast it is a race against respawn timers.

The most frustrating thing is when people skips champs and then call out the next one. Great, now Oak is dying while the real train is at bandit.

tl;dr The Train isn’t as fun as many other parts of the game, the only reason to ride is money. And you lose money by being inefficient, so it seems doubly silly to me.

I wasn’t specifically referring to you but just what I have seen on my server.
I would never dream of taking a character to level on the train because I enjoy playing the game to level- I have 5 80’s and 2 of them happen to be Mesmers.
I mostly take my Ranger but that is another story.

The point is some people like to go ahead and wait rather than rush their buts off- some people don’t actually mind if the train takes 2,3 or 5 minutes longer as long as everyone has a chance to join.

On our server the train is very much fun- and we have a favorite commander that sees to it that it is inclusive.
This commander even does bounty runs 2ce a day for people who don’t know where all the chest are- guides them through Demon grubb pits ( even the stragglers) and makes sure that people have buffs, food, entertainment and such.
As such- we have a nice community willing to work together and are very accommodating to new comers- new players and even ninjas because hey.

It is a game we all play.
We all get the loot in the end.

Serious/ power farming sounds really,well serious and boring to me tbh.
As it is Queens is a nice social hangout place where you can just chill and get some loot.

Gunnar’s Hold

The Queensdale Train

Blude.6812

Wasn’t the OP a lot more detailed yesterday?

A visit from the powers that be?

Play the train like you want. All ways are fine. A copper or two and a few seconds make no difference in the end.
Ninjas/Speeders—-Wait at Spider for the train.

Respect all.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Avengor.9147

Avengor.9147

For the record, I really enjoyed Tweek’s post. If you’re interested in trying out the train, it was a really good post!

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: MasterOfMistakes.2089

MasterOfMistakes.2089

Pretty much what I’m thinking, for vets this is a way to make money, for new players it should be looked at as a way to get another lv over with or as an easy way to get some dailys over with, its not all the game has to show for itself but its here and you should know what your getting into if you join the train.

The Queensdale Train

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

I like how this thread not only shows the many different ways to enjoy and order the train, it acts much like the train /map chat. Mostly just good folks looking for a bit of easy loot for a bit, until drama ensues when someone ninjas a spawn under the guise of “playing how they want” or “playing the way ANet wants”.

New people, learn well from this thread what the QD train is all about! Good ole grindy repetition interspersed with flares of “kitten you kittens for killing oak!” and “I’m special because I can kitten ALL of you kitten people in the kittens by just kittening your train stops!” and “Kitten you, selfish kittens not caring about the needs of the many over the needs of the few!” and “Can’t you go kitten a kitten champ in another zone..” and then there’s always that one guy that may or may not be high that says something about wishing people still did frostgorge train, cuz its better… and being “hungry as kitten”
I like kittens…. kittens are good….

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!