The deal with the wardrobe...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BillyBox.9308

BillyBox.9308

I bought a heavy armor set on the shop that i had to pay for, and i think i just realised that i have to actually merge it with the armor im wearing and that costs a token, and i have to buy these tokens… and because your armer is always changing untill you get to level 80 am i right in saying their is no point buying an armor skin unless you are level 80? or is their a way i can have it permenantly on my body even if i change my armer??

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If transmutation charges are hard to come by for you, then yes, I recommend waiting till you’re level 80 before applying any changes to your armor. Levels are pretty quick to earn in GW2 anyway; you’ll probably be replacing your armor at least once every few days if you’re an avid player.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

If you plan on multiple toons and always want to look semi-decent you could consider investing in an outfit. They go over your armor, but sadly can’t be mixed (headpieces can be hidden though.) As a bonus each outfit you purchase, each of your toons can access for free, can also provide a nice change once in a while. They do cost 700 gems / each how-ever and not all of them are available throughout the year.

Otherwise you’d have to pay a transmutation charge each time you change your gear, which is relatively often whilst leveling. At level 80 you’ll likely spend a fair amount of time in Exotics before you move on to Ascended, at which I’d say it becomes worth spending the charges. Charges can be earned by map completion (either a transmutation charge or a black lion key) and PvP-Reward Tracks, neither are quite farmable (you could create a new character and explorer city maps.) and a while set already requires 6. You can also purchase them in the Gem Store (which is sadly down for me atm, but I think it’s ~600 gems for 25 or 150 gems for 1.) It’s always up to you how much looking good is worth to you.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Transmutation happened before the introduction of the Wardrobe. But before the wardrobe you would have to purchase armor multiple times if you wanted it on multiple characters.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya the current Wardrobe system is really better for Level 80, but less pratical for leveling character. We used to have two kind of transmutation stone, one for level 80 that are costly are rare (you pretty much had to buy them with gem), and another one that you could find while leveling and that work until level 79.

You could found enough low level stone to change your armor on a regular basis while leveling but it was costly to change your armor once we reached level 80.

Right now its the other way around. Which is better in my opinion since you gonna play more on a level 80 than leveling. But it can be frustrating for some ppl that like to have a good looking skin while leveling.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Ya the current Wardrobe system is really better for Level 80, but less pratical for leveling character.

Yeah .. i also used the cheap transmutation stones alot for leveling before, now i just
use an outfit for leveling.

However i level my chars also much faster now and do nearly no map exploration
anymore.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

The set you buy off the store is a skin which let’s you put it on once for no charge. Every other character can use it but those will cost transmutation charges.