Too many 000's?

Too many 000's?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

Please tell me it is a misprint and we don’t need 1,000 Giants. I am ..cough,cough.. 67 and it will take me 2 lifetimes to get 1,000. I only have 15. I have the other requirements completed.

Just my shock and mini pout………..

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I play since betas and I only have 12 giants killed.
But yeah, it is 1000 kill for the full achievement

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I did catch a glimpse of a giant in the Toxal Bog when leaving the Dry Top entry area. It was just labeled “Giant.” Alas it died before I could get to it as I was RP walking and didn’t toggle in time, so I don’t know if it counts towards the achieve.

It made me think they might have added more giants, though. Have they?

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think they added 1 giant, the one that appear in Dry Top Sandstorm and take ages to kill.

There is an event in Brisband where giants spawn after certain scale and with enough players many giants spawn, that is where people farm giants.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I bet you’ll get those 985 giants before I kill the 995,000 yaks I need for Yakslapper…

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

I have like 10 giants, I think. xD And yes, they’ve added the Sand Giant in Dry Top, but most people (as far as I know) avoid it because it takes too long to kill and prevents them from doing other events during sandstorm.

I think the ’’easiest’’ way to get this achievement is to kill the giant that comes to the Town of Nageling in Diessa Plateau each time you have a chance. I think it spawns fairly often… for a giant. xD (On GW2 Wiki it says that the respawn time seems to be around 30 mins, which might be true, since I’ve encountered it almost everytime I went to Diessa Plateau, and people also post in map chat when it’s up.)

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

10 giants makes more sense, frankly.

This is an achievement I’m just not going to care about…

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

10 giants makes more sense, frankly.

This is an achievement I’m just not going to care about…

I went to the Town of Nageling (Diessa Plateau) today just to see when the giant spawns and it spawned at 12.00 CET (Central European Time). So it seems it’s at xx.00. Still have to confirm if it’s every hour, though I think it is.

So, if you do it daily, like at least one giant per day, then maybe you’ll get close to 1000 eventually. Even quicker if you do, say, three per day. Sure, it’d technically take 1000 days, but since you (and I) won’t bother much with the achievement, it’s still worth considering killing one per day.

Though 1000 is a bit large number for such a rare creature. xD

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You have focused on one of the WTF? Achievements in the game. It IS doable, but you have to specifically focus on pursuing the very few creatures that count for this and they are not quite as easy to farm as the other Slayer ones.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I think this is a lot easier than getting Warhorn Weapon Master.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Too many 000's?

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Yakslapper was, like what; if you kill a yak every 5 minutes, non-stop, it would still take you 4 years?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I did catch a glimpse of a giant in the Toxal Bog when leaving the Dry Top entry area. It was just labeled “Giant.” Alas it died before I could get to it as I was RP walking and didn’t toggle in time, so I don’t know if it counts towards the achieve.

It made me think they might have added more giants, though. Have they?

Toxal Bog giant does indeed count and is easy to kill solo. It is part of the Help Unit find and destroy the Inquest event. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_U.N.I.T._find_and_destroy_the_Inquest

Check the notes at the bottom of the page which explain that you can get up to 4 giants and possibly more depending on how many are doing the event.

I do wish the risen giants would also count. I think there is Nageling giant, Kol Skullsmasher up in Harathi, the Toxal Bog one and now the Sand Giant that very few do now because he takes so long…..slim pickings….

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yakslapper was, like what; if you kill a yak every 5 minutes, non-stop, it would still take you 4 years?

Pretty sure it was longer but I might be confusing it with capping Stonemist.

Too many 000's?

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

All of the slayers are 1000. It’s meant to be on of those “Omg how” achievements. I don’t mind really, I ain’t gonna farm it.

| Lithia |

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Fateless.7146

Fateless.7146

525,600 minutes in a year assuming 8 hours sleep per day it’s 350,400 minutes available. and killing a yak every single 5 minutes would take just under a year and a half

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

525,600 minutes in a year assuming 8 hours sleep per day it’s 350,400 minutes available. and killing a yak every single 5 minutes would take just under a year and a half

-and I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

Too many 000's?

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

Nice to know so far we are all in the same boat..low numbers …I haven’t seen anyone with the title for this achievement. Wonder if anyone has it. I now have 44 mind numbing, grinding Giants. I am going to tame my OCD and pass on grinding this one out. Maybe those with the power (cough,cough) will realize the mistake and lower the number needed. 1,000 just boggles the mind when they are sooo scarce in the game.

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There are entire guilds set up to get this Achievement……

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Too many 000's?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

—Yakslapping—

Starting with Yakslapper, let’s see how long it will take you to finish it.
Assuming you’re in a side borderlands where you don’t own 2-3 camps and towers/keeps, it’s possible to kill up to 6 Dolyaks every 5 minutes, but I’m going to go with a reasonable route of 3 per 5 minutes (this is easily done by going to the top left of the borderlands, and just killing the 2 Dolyaks out of the western camp, and the 1 Dolyak out of the northern camp).

You have 1,000,000 Dolyaks to kill, and every 5 minutes (how long they respawn, I won’t count the time it takes them, or you, to move, so they die as soon as they spawn) you kill 3.

3kills / 5minutes = 0.6 kills/minute
(0.6kills/min) * 60minutes = 36 kills/hour
36 kills/hour * 8hours (one day) = 288 kills/day
(1,000,000 kills) / (288 kills/day) = 3472.222… days required.

Now, I know some of you are going to be saying, “WELL I CAN KILL 6 DOLYAKS EVERY RESPAWN” (because it is possible by going through the bottom of a borderland and hitting all 6 at every interval, it’s just very risky and highly unlikely), so, you simply double the speed at which you kill, making it…
(1,000,000 kills) / (2 * 288 kills/day) = 1736.111… days required.

Either way, 3472.222 days is the equivalent of a little over 9.5 years.
1736.111 days is a little over 4.75 years.

This means that to get either of this specific achievement, you must be working non-stop (as if it were a real job, 8 hours a day) for 5-10 years. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE DAYS OFF, MEANING YOU WORK 365.25 DAYS A YEAR.

Click my name at the top of the quote for the full preview of all the unreasonable WvW achievements.

EDIT:

For the math on 24/7 yakslappin’, you get:
36/h * 24h/d = 864/d
1,000,000 / 864 = 1157.4 days
1157.4 days / 365 = ~3 years straight.

Of course, this is assuming you’re killing 3 dolyaks every 5 minutes with no travel time. If you’re a warrior/thief/engie/ele with no opposition, you might be able to halve that by rotating through the bottom three camps.

Of course, 27,777.77 hours of uncontested yakslapping is reasonable, is it not? (13,888.88 for 6 kills/ 5 minutes).

(edited by Esplen.3940)