Warrior, Guardian or Mesmer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I’m not sure why but I really enjoy Dungeons (I could run them all day).
I’ve been running them on my 80 Ele but I realise that Warrior, Guardian and Mesmer are the most wanted for Dungeons. I don’t have a group to run with so I’m usually with randoms.

I love all three of them, I can’t decide :/

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

If you enjoy ele, keep playing ele. Don’t change because of what other people say.

I’ve done runs with 3 eles, a necro, and a warrior that went flawlessly. I’ve done runs with two warriors and a guardian that wiped over and over. Class is not the deciding factor in dungeons.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Eh… Any. Personally I find there are way too many guardians, every man and his dog has a kitten guardian. I find warrior to be the best, did a run with 5 warriors, it was hands down the easiest and fastest dungeon run I’ve ever done.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Sargonnas.4168

Sargonnas.4168

If you enjoy ele, keep playing ele. Don’t change because of what other people say.

I’ve done runs with 3 eles, a necro, and a warrior that went flawlessly. I’ve done runs with two warriors and a guardian that wiped over and over. Class is not the deciding factor in dungeons.

+1 to you.

Don’t ever worry about what groups “need” or considered “the best”. They try and make every class as equal as possible so players can play what they like, and that is really what it is about. Play what you enjoy, what you think is fun. Ele is awesome, play it.

“Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf.” – George Orwell

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

the 3 are great.. but i like warrior and Mesmer more than guardian.. since tanks are not needed in this game , warrior and mesmer do better damage and can survive easily.. in any dungeon

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

A note to the poorly informed in this thread …

1- Guardians are not meant to be ‘tanks’ ..
2- If a player builds a ‘tank’ guardian, that player is gimping the toon and does not know how to play the class.
3- The reason there so many guardian is cos there are so many crappy warriors who need the support a guardian provides, or they are licking dust off the dungeon floor …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

A note to the poorly informed in this thread …

1- Guardians are not meant to be ‘tanks’ ..
2- If a player builds a ‘tank’ guardian, that player is gimping the toon and does not know how to play the class.
3- The reason there so many guardian is cos there are so many crappy warriors who need the support a guardian provides, or they are licking dust off the dungeon floor …

Because anyone who does not build their guardian the exact same as yours is clearly a noob, I mean anything other than full zerkers just isn’t an option…

And no, there are so many guardians because they are the easiest profession to excel at, they are a very forgiving class.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Warrior seems like a safe bet (Nice simple compared to Ele and if I feel like something complicated I always have my ele).

I love the support that Mesmer brings and how people rely on you (I’m normally a support class buffer/healer), it seems their utilities are very support oriented. Soloing Isn’t a problem since (unless I fall in love with the class more than ele) it will only be used for Fractals and Dungeons.

Then again.. Guardian seems to blend the two together well.