What dye is this person using?!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Raithen.1583

Raithen.1583

So I was looking around on the interwebs for nice dye combos for my armor and stumbled across the picture you can see below. What I am wondering is what dye that person is using since I have never seen such a deep black dye. I’ve googled around on what people find the most black dyes but none even come close, so please tell me what dye that black color is if you can. Thanks in advance! ^^

EDIT: Note that the person in the picture is using all heavy armor, too.

Attachments:

(edited by Raithen.1583)

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I have no idea, but she should look good wearing that Ghastly Shield (in her inventory) with those amors :p

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

From a quick test with the wardrobe, looks closest like Abyss to me.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s probably Abyss. Abyss is the darkest black dye in the game. Midnight Ice can look very, very dark black on some armor pieces, too.

Posted by: Raithen.1583

Raithen.1583

From a quick test with the wardrobe, looks closest like Abyss to me.

yeah I thought so too, since everyone is saying Abyss is the darkest shade of black you can get. However, when I preview the Abyss dye from the TP it looks nothing like the black on the picture. It’s like dark blue.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

However, when I preview the Abyss dye from the TP it looks nothing like the black on the picture. It’s like dark blue.

It sounds like Midnight Ice then.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I guess that also could be a slightly difference for the same dye if the screenshot was taken using the highest graphical settings and you use the lowest ones, for example.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Try looking at Midnight Fire. That can be a very deep black on some armors.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Are you previewing it on the same armor piece? Any dye will vary tremendously from material to material. Also, that screenshot was taken using that player’s graphics settings.

Midnight Fire will have a brown hue on many materials. I suggest you preview all the armor that the sample is wearing (you can do so via Wardrobe or off the TP listings), then without closing the preview start testing dyes out of the TP. You can individually clear dyes off the preview without losing the armor pieces.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

I tested using the same armor and both Midnight Ice and Fire don’t look like it. Abyss is sliiightly lighter than the screenshot, but I think that might be screen settings/differences.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

It will be abyss that simply looks extra dark because of the armour piece. There is nothing darker so it cannot be anything else. It is possible that the original screenshot has low brightness settings as well.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It will be abyss that simply looks extra dark because of the armour piece. There is nothing darker so it cannot be anything else. It is possible that the original screenshot has low brightness settings as well.

That’s not necessarily true. Abyss looks like a dark grey on many light armor pieces while Midnight Ice will look almost pitch black, for example. Many things will factor into how it looks, including (as you already mentioned) graphics settings, the armor type, the armor piece, etc.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

it depends how you set your brightness too…

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Abyss and Celestial Dye

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

This looks like Midnight Ice.

Midnight Ice in my experience tends to be darker than Abyss on more pieces. Abyss however does visually retain more of the armor’s detail.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Be mindful that dyes can have different color densities across various armor textures. Abyss will look different on all three armor classes.

Posted by: apheCS.7036

apheCS.7036

Midnight fire can be way blacker than abyss on some cloth armors.

Rephlecs – Human Thief | Seafarer’s Rest | EU
Guild: World Guardians [WvW]

Posted by: aurensei.5283

aurensei.5283

I’ve seen Abyss dye recently and it look like one on the picture.

~ Crystal Desert ~