What is the "best" legendary weapon?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Weird question but let me explain.

I have a legendary hammer and axe and i am in the process of getting a third legendary weapon but cant decide which one to get.

I have all professions and elite on all of them but engie and necro.

So what weapon is the one that would benefit most from stat swapping? I play mainly thief and ele and mostly wvw even though i suspect there will be some pvegrinding for the next elite.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

If you mainly play thief and ele, your strongest choice is dagger, closely followed by Staff (daredevil) and maybe sword (ele Weaver uses sword).

Kitten.

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

If you have and play all the professions then go for Staff.
Staff is the weapon that can be used amongs all classes except Warrior and Engi.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

It depends on what your meta is like. For Core classes, Greatsword, Sword and Staff are the 3 most utilized weapons since the game’s inception. Daggers gets utilized in on the Thief, and Dagger Ele; but both are considered pretty marginal, given the bulk of the game’s population was most invested in GS Guardian and Staff Elementalist. Behind that would be the 2 Bows, followed by Scepter, Hammer, Axe, Pistol, Mace, Shield, and Rifle in roughly that order. I don’t know where torch ranks on that, since I’ve rarely seen Rotgort used by anyone. Howlers another marginal legendary that I’ve seen in single digits.

With HoT/Especs, that didn’t really change much, despite the minor shuffle of weapons in the meta.

If you’re getting ready for PoF, the top investments for Thematic synergy is Predator for Deadeye, Astralaria for Guard/Mes, and Incinerator for Speallbreaker/Soulbeast. If you’re going sword for Holosmith, Shining blade is now the obvious choice for cool factor…. although the potentially for a Light saber-ish collection for Holosmith may be good enough to satisfy most people.

If you’re not too keen on Incinerator, you can try waiting on the Gen 2 Dagger thats likely to drop in LS4.

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Thanks for the input. You guys sum up my own conclusion so far.

The issue i have is what weapon benefit most from the ability to swap stats? What type of weapon are used in many different types of builds and professions:
Powerbuilds
Condibuilds
Powerbunker
Condibunker
Bruiser
Frontliner
etc.

I know profession wise but buildwise is a blur to me.

Or just go for the rifle to my dead eye thief…