What to do after you hit cap?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gabe.6810

Gabe.6810

Heyo,

So I recently capped my first 80. It’s taken me a long time because I tend to be an alcoholic. I have all exotic gear and ascended jewels as well as everything I wanted as far as runes, sigils, traits and skills. The only thing I have left to do on this character is finish getting the rest of the waypoints and finish my awesome outfit.

What else do you guys do at 80? I’ll still PvP and WvW and help friends complete maps and do jump puzzles but the only thing I can think of doing on this character in the PvE world where I spend most of my time is try to earn cash, and I’m not entirely sure how to do it or why I would when I could be earning cash on a character that would also level up as I’m doing it.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I do a bit of dungeon and fractal. Fractal50 once a day is pretty fun.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It’s taken me a long time because I tend to be an alcoholic.

Hopefully you meant alt-holic , but I can see how being alcoholic can slow down your progress :P

Anyway, yes complete the map exploration, do some dungeons, check WvW, level your crafting skills, make all your alts lvl 80, check the PvP sometimes, pick a collection to finish … so many things.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Gabe.6810

It’s taken me a long time because I tend to be an alcoholic.

Hopefully you meant alt-holic , but I can see how being alcoholic can slow down your progress :P

oh. ahem. Right. Spelling.

Anyway, yes complete the map exploration, do some dungeons, check WvW, level your crafting skills, make all your alts lvl 80, check the PvP sometimes, pick a collection to finish … so many things.

So basically do what I was doing before but without getting experience?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

So basically do what I was doing before but without getting experience?

Exactly, btw you still get experience, you still get an extra skill point every time you “level” after 80.
That is how the GW2 works, many players complain that GW2 doesn’t have “end game” but actually the whole game is “end game”.

For the more hardcore you can pursue the craft of a legendary weapon, the ascended sets, organized Triple Trouble runs, but even for those you can do/start before the level 80.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Gabe.6810

That is how the GW2 works, many players complain that GW2 doesn’t have “end game” but actually the whole game is “end game”.

I see. That’s probably why I’ve been enjoying the game so much.
Time to peak out another character I guess. =P

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Heyo,

So I recently capped my first 80. It’s taken me a long time because I tend to be an alcoholic. I have all exotic gear and ascended jewels as well as everything I wanted as far as runes, sigils, traits and skills. The only thing I have left to do on this character is finish getting the rest of the waypoints and finish my awesome outfit.

What else do you guys do at 80? I’ll still PvP and WvW and help friends complete maps and do jump puzzles but the only thing I can think of doing on this character in the PvE world where I spend most of my time is try to earn cash, and I’m not entirely sure how to do it or why I would when I could be earning cash on a character that would also level up as I’m doing it.

1. Get 100% world completion
  2. Get yourself an outstanding look
  3. Fill in your collections
  4. Complete your achievement list (puzzles, mini dungeons, fractals etc…)
  5. Lead a group trying to kill tequatl
  6. Enter the Gold Wars
  7. Unlock the radiant chestpiece. #trololo

These are a few ideas. (I omitted the “get a legendary” because legendaries are mainstream now ^^)

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone