What to do with my Volcanus

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rabbit.5342

rabbit.5342

I have recently acquired my volcanus. Now that I have unlocked the skin I have no more use for it.
1) Should I salvage it or Mystic Forge?
2) If I do will the skin still be available for my other character?
3) Is there any purpose on keeping it since I only want the skin not the stats?

Posted by: MrNicoolio.9753

MrNicoolio.9753

Congrats! From what I hear it’s an annoying weapon to go after.

As for what you should do with it….

1. If you salvage it, you have a good chance to get globs of dark ectoplasm (for ascended crafting) and getting that sigil of fire (which can be worth a couple gold or so on the TP). Mystic forge can have a CHANCE of giving a better weapon, however, I am slow to trust the mystic forge as for all the times it gave me something worse than I put in. In this sense, I would salvage with a Black Lion Salvage Kit.

2. If you unlocked the skin (making the weapon account-bound) it will be stored in your account wardrobe, which is accessible from your bank & crafting stations. If Volcanus is in there, you can access the Volcanus skin on all of your characters, costing a transmutation charge to bind the appearance for each weapon.

3. Lastly, it’s subjective to you! Maybe you’ll want to run a condi build sometime in the future, who knows!

Hope it helped, and sorry if I give too much advice. I do that alot

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I’d say keep it? At least for awhile to be sure you have no regrets.

As you say tho, the stats are no good. Salvage it will give you some ecto and inscription if you use bl salvage kit. Mystic toilet will give you jack s%$# or a precursor (most likely jack s%#@).

And yes, once you unlock a skin you have it forever across all toons.

EDIT: MrNicoolio posted just before me, I skimmed what he posted and pretty much agree.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

unless you are swimming in trans charges, I’d say just keep it. there really isn’t a reason to salvage this over any other named exotic.

if you have a necromancer I’d save it for them for the elite spec coming up. condi damage might be useful with that.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)