Where have all the good guilds gone?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sigh, it looks like I will have to go guild shopping for a second time. I am routinely one of three players who still play, and I was just wondering if people are still playing, or did the gamer population turn into a wasteland? I hope not.

I by good I don’t mean numbers, I simply want a core of active, social players who increase the fun level of the game.

I’m all ears.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m an officier/guild leader since the lauch of GW2. Each year during the summer, the active population of the 2 guild I was in decreased drastically. I play less myself during that time. I assume that it the same for most people. The fact that we wait for the extension, but it seem it won’t be launch in the near future don’t help the situation.

It seem pretty normal to me. People usually get back into the game by september/october.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I get it, we all have lives, just feels kind of hollow right now. I expected the patch to bring back some juice, but it hasn’t. Whatever, I’ll just keep looking.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Guilds come and go all the time. Old ones run out of steam, leadership gets involved in RL, drama finally turns dramatic, and so forth. It’s been nearly 3 years since launch and many guilds were around for a time before that. I’d hardly expect more than 10% of the original guilds to have made it this long.

I don’t think it’s realistic to assume that the guild you like best will be around for the length of your interest in a game. I think we all have to be prepared to go guild shopping at least once or twice.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Guilds dying is typical of all games. People come in, they play for a while then they stop. I’ve read plenty of posts in other game’s forums where people say all their friends are gone and the guild’s they have been in have collapsed, one after another. They talk about how hard it is to find more friends and to find another guild that is as compatible as their old guild. All you can do in this situation is to join a guild that sounds compatible and give them a chance.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

My guild has been going slow but steady since GW1 was released. We have a core of about 5-10 players who play every day, and we usually see 30-40 people log in each day. Our roster lists just over 100 members, but most of them come on within a couple weeks at least.

Summer is certainly a slower time for us.

We have weekly events, an alliance with another guild, and an officer for each game type who organize events for their respective playstyle. If you enjoy PvE, PvP, or WvW we have you covered; just not 24/7. If you play in the evenings NA time you will see more people on than any other time.

We also have members from several countries and regions, so there is almost always someone on. If you are interested in joining us send me a PM, or mail in game to Mortis Zu Heltzer.

Edit: oh, also we have all the upgrades, our own site, teamspeak, and so on if that kind of thing is important to you. we aren’t rep required.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

(edited by roachsrealm.9284)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Gone to flowers, every one.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they….
ever learn?

Posted by: Duke Dark Hart.1385

Duke Dark Hart.1385

Have you found a new guild yet? If not I’d be glad to take you on. My guild is DDD we are a small pvx guild on crystal desert. Active but casual players. We do mostly WvW, Dungeons and World bosses. We are a small guild and working on growing T4. We don’t tell you what builds to run or how to run them. We are a family style group looking to fill our ranks with quality people.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Kittens with Claws is a very small guild that has been playing EVERY night frorm 9- midnight Eastern time zone. I know every members real name and even most birthdays. We even had one wedding in RL!
We have players from a few countries, and nearly 50/50 male to female.
Our view is, a nice guild is just as good as a powerhouse one.