Where to find Builds..

Where to find Builds..

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: carlito.8954

carlito.8954

I know about www.metabattle.com however they don’t have GENERAL PVE builds.

I’d like a second source for builds, one that has PvE builds.

Thanks in advance!

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Metabattle.com is ok.
The best resource: yourself from experience. Keep a word document or something with a list of builds you’ve created.

The second best source: Your guild. Seriously, join a large organized guild. Chances are they already have a forum, and have been sharing builds on it (probably people keeping a document of builds, see #1).

The third best source: Your server’s forums. Fort aspenwood has a dedicated forums for its players. I’m sure whatever server you’re on has one too.

Here is a link to a list of my ranger builds:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/United-Chi-s-Ranger-and-Druid-Builds/first#post6015694

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

(edited by UnitedChaos.8364)

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

asking in the professions section of these forums usually will get you what you need also

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Metabattle is outdated so don’t even bother going there.

Also PVE is simple.

Step 1: Buy Zerker gear
Step 2: Engage enemy
Step 3: Roll your face over the keyboard
Step 4: Enemy dead
Step 5: Rinse and repeat

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Problems is what do -you- consider PvE builds?

I run zerker, viper or zealot on my builds and consider them PvE builds…

I actually have 2 characters with toughness and some trinkets in my bank for additional toughness as needed, but I allways get my armor and weapons for max dmg.

If an enemy does 3k dmg / attack and attacks every 5 seconds I gain more by killing him in 7 seconds (5k dmg suffered) then wearing toughness and killing him in 21 (20k dmg suffered, whcih will be donwscaled by max 40%-> 12k dmg)…

Mostly because I could kill 3 in the same times and still suffer the same dmg compared to the the toughness guy…

I do have 2 very tanky builds:

One is a (former) WvW hammer guardian I kept and gave a few pieces of minstrel (he was clerics/trooper w nomads jwls, now he’s Minstrel w clerics and monk runes with clerics jewels) ~3.3k armor and 14k health… ~1500-1680 healing 1740-1920 power…. Dmg is not so high but he will be facetanking high level fractal bosses (only 95 AR so don’t worry too much) without a problem… It takes forever though….

The other is a Sc/D condireaper with a terror build or as much as I could salvage It uses trailblazer with rabid. It has about the same armor as the other one…

Both are purely for fun, both have niche uses… for actual playing (speed)clearing and group play the zerk/zealot and viper’s builds are perfect,

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

The reason why there are no pvE builds its cause for a very long time we had core tyria where mobs attack you once every 3 seconds and if youre using full zerker glass cannon builds and skills they wont even get the chance to attack you with their winding up special attack that applies 1 confusion/bleed for 2 seconds on you….that you can also just dodge or run away from.

Generally speaking in pve, anything works, play as you wish.
Note that tons of power and precsion(dmg) swiftness and other movement skills are excelent for runing around and clearing contents in the pve world.

Drytops ,silverwastes and hot maps in general have better ai and stronger mobs that have more abilities that hit hard.

People still go full zerker in those areas cause they know their enemies, they know how to dodge and they still kill them faster.

Personally i set up my pve builds as following:

Gear: I mostly use zerker armor with soldiers trinkets, having a nice balance of precision,toughness,vitality but still high power. I gain more power trough my traits, bloodlust sigil, and passive skills.

Weapons have stats coresponding to their skills, if the weapon has only skills that deal base dmg i go for zerker, if it has conditions on them i go condition stats for weapon.

Traits are there for me to enhance my skills, or fill the gaps what i cant do alone with gear and weapon skills. Such as healing and suporting others around me

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

For PvE? Just press 1-5 on your keyboard until the enemy is dead.

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

For PvE? Just press 1-5 on your keyboard until the enemy is dead.

This does not work for anything difficult

In this game’s PvE, for any difficult content, there is almost always an alternative to playing more skillfully or using builds better able to handle difficulty: get more people. Taxi taxi taxi. Zerg up, join trains, etc.

There are, however, a few places and times where this is either not possible or not practical. The most notable example is high level fractals. If your party is full zerker in cliffside 94, you’re not going to have a good time.

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

First step: Ignore people who tell you to use Berserker gear without any clue of what your playstyle is or what build you like.

Second step: Ignore people who think PVE is brainless and don’t offer any useful advice.

Third: Go to the profession forums. Most of them have a thread (stickied or otherwise) where a list of various builds are listed.

Where to find Builds..

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

@BearShaman, TY for that.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.