Xbox 360 controller and Guild Wars 2 [merged]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aizer.2189

Aizer.2189

So I just started playing and I love this as an option. I am much more familiar with a controller. I do have an update that allows the buttons on the game pad to be used only once without shifting. I used the driver in this link. http://code.google.com/p/xbox360wirelesschatpad/

It allowed the use of the Xbox 360 chatpad to work as a standard keyboard attached to the controller. I use it for stuff like the hero panel and inventory so my main controls can focus on combat. Then Iused pinnacle game profiler to map my controller. It is a full keyboard minus F keys

The only down side to this is that the driver replaces the standard Microsoft wireless driver and forces the controller into direct input. So far it works really well but I’m still tweaking my controller button layout. Sorry I was late to the party.

Posted by: Nassara.9154

Nassara.9154

You have become my new god.

Posted by: Doc.2504

Doc.2504

I have a Mac version of the Xbox 360 controller working.

I used this driver to connect the controller to the Mac.
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

I use ControllerMate to program the controller. ControllerMate works really well and is easy to set up, once you get the hang of the interface.
http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

My commands are shown in the pic.

I have “ground targeting” set to Instant and I keep the mouse focus set on my player. So targeting works well for when I want to target on my toons location. It doesn’t work so well if I want to target elsewhere. That’s the one problem I’ve run into (i.e. fast and accurate moving of the mouse for targeting while in WvW).

Attachments:

Posted by: MrMumbles.2457

MrMumbles.2457

Will you make this available for Window 7?

Posted by: Djinii.6932

Djinii.6932

It is available for windows 7, I am using it for w7/

Posted by: KingPuki.1075

KingPuki.1075

Ty so much!! This works really great!!

Plants VS Zombies – Sylvari in Orr

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’ve set up an Xbox 360 controller configuration for Guild Wars 2. Been using it since launch and tweaked it through the end of September, it’s about as perfect as I’m going to get it at this point.

I’ve posted my controller setup before, but made some recent updates to the Xpadder profile and some new things on the control scheme (untargeting, map zoom, etc), so I thought I’d post a link for those who’d like the update, and for anyone who hasn’t seen it before.

If anyone’s interested it can be found here

The configuration includes mouse turning (not keyboard turning) on the right stick, marking and taking targets, all skill buttons, and even cursor movement for ground targeting. I’ve used it successfully with every class, with the exception of Necro (not that it’s unsuccessful with Necro, I just haven’t played that class yet).

Feel free to download it and check it out. The new xpadder profile now includes a background image for the controller with the keymappings on top of their corresponding buttons to more easily remap the keys if you’d prefer to change the bindings.

Hope you guys like it.

i wish there was a way to use a keyboard and a mouse on consoles… i can’t stand controllers they just feel wrong

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

i wish there was a way to use a keyboard and a mouse on consoles… i can’t stand controllers they just feel wrong

What do you mean? you have always been able to use keyboard and mouse on consoles. They sell them specifically for it. How do you think people played the multiple MMOs they released on PS2 and Xbox back starting in 2002 ?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Esjitu.8456

Esjitu.8456

Hey all, I have an alternative configuration for you to try if interested: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwgV6PdDgkbBTEdzbDdwNm5yTGc/edit?pli=1

You want to File->Save All and then follow instructions.txt (it’s quite simple, promise).

This has been highly refined over months and I think it’s magnificent. Some of the aspects are very similar to this one, while some are altogether different. It’s worth a shot to see what you think, anyway. There are simple changes (Dodge on R3 seems crazy to me; I put it on RT, which I stole from Bayonetta), along with complete overhauls (the way mouse movement, ground-targeting works is completely different).

It uses RB for a modifier in much the same way this one does, but there are some very different applications of it.

The mouse pointer will always recenter to a static point on screen, which makes ground targeting skills much easier and cleaner, and is a pretty revolutionary feature. It also has ESC on the start button, which seems like a silly thing but you will use it ALL THE TIME (exits menus and chat box, dialogue options, deselects targets, opens game menu).

Feel free to pick and choose elements of it as well of course.

Everything is included in the download, but if you don’t trust it, you want a free (legacy) version of Xpadder and the latest version of AutoHotKey.

I know this is 2 years old, but I don’t suppose you have a working download for this still available? I’d be very much interested in the config and AHK script.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I need something for my xbox 360 controller wired for GW 2. I just found and got antimicro 2.11 and what I want to see is:

Note: Going for a one button one action one stick one movement as per the EULA and ToS of GW2. Or combos for one action which is allowed.

-Full range of movement with left stick. Should be running/strafing/etc of course.
-Target switching with d pad.
-X,Y,A,B, and start for 1-5 and a mod hold-down trigger (LB pref) for 6-0(10).
-LT is to be held down to F1-F4 with X,Y,A,B and start+LT is to swap weapons.
-L-stick click for dodge (default is backward anyways in GW 2) + direction will be directional dodge
-R stick for camera but when skill is used it changes to move target for the AoEs and clicking right stick in will cast.
-back and start should open inventory, hero, etc (or many menus if allowed without ban) or have modifiers with LB, RB, LT, or RT +back for inventory, hero, guild, BLTC and all four triggers/shoulders with start for map, PVP, WVW, and esc key menus.
- jump with RB
- walk toggle with RT
-interacting with objects looting would be back + start.

I wish I knew how to set up the antimirco myself.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: FluxRage.5409

FluxRage.5409

dos it work on a windows 8.1 ?
just wonder it :P.

Posted by: Rudeboxer.3629

Rudeboxer.3629

Nnnnecro thread!

Just wanted to say thanks Tomkatt, amazing stuff!

Posted by: horta.9382

horta.9382

Hi. I want to confirm that this program works after the implementation of HoT. The program I use went caput when HoT came out

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

Can we get a mod or dev to weigh in on this? the TOS states that we’re not allowed to use third-party applications or macros that can give us an edge over players that don’t use em, but since this is just a controller mod, then what’s ANet’s stance on it?

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Can we get a mod or dev to weigh in on this? the TOS states that we’re not allowed to use third-party applications or macros that can give us an edge over players that don’t use em, but since this is just a controller mod, then what’s ANet’s stance on it?

There is no advantage. It’s no different than changing key bindings to different buttons on your keyboard but your keyboard is a controller. No macros tho.

beefjus.9347

I get that there won’t be an advantage (it’s more of a disadvantage for most) and that it’s basically just custom mapping, but the TOS does state that we’re not supposed to use third party apps. I want a dev or mod to chime in, cause I want to know if I can be banned for using it (because I want to try it out).

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I don’t think you will get a Dev response but if you compare this to something like razor synapse it is pretty much the same thing. And everyone uses that. If it was an issue there would be a Dev saying so. They are likely to go over what is not allowed Rather quickly than allowed. But if you want that response I can respect that.

beefjus.9347

I’ll probably give it a shot if I’m able to find the time to play.