coming back

coming back

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Elena.1543

Elena.1543

Hi,
I’m coming back to the game after a while and I’m wanting to focus my attention onto one character.
Ranger
I like the idea of ranger, the range the bows, the whole pew pew never been a fan of the pets I always found them clunky and more of a liability in most games. Are they good for most aspects of gw2? I’m no hard core raider but id like to explore and do the content without too much hassle
Thief
Thief ah the thief, always played the rogue, the sneaky character the quick agile killer. always been drawn to them but I fear that it might be hard to learn, even worse they might be so squishy that I cant do content easily or struggle with it a lot.
Engineer
Seems interesting but the amount of kits? scares me. Having to juggle them and know what to use when sounds complicated
Revenant
From what I’ve read they are a mix of thief and warrior? do they lose anything? are they decent in the game? I cant say I know much about them at all but they look interesting.

Normally I like a good mix of range and melee not having to worry too much if the enemy get too close or runs form you that I have to chase them down and agro other mobs,I love the idea of the skirmisher that starts out at range harassing the foes and as they get closer striking with their melee weapons as the need arises.

If anyone can help or suggest anything else that might work? Or even if they have anything they can tell me about the classes ones that I’ve listed something to help me go yes that one.
I’m not asking for people to pick one heck if I don’t know how I anyone else meant to pick for me? I’m just after information that I can use to make a more informed decision, since the class forums aren’t that helpful I found

coming back

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

A mix range of melee, maybe thief will be good considering their new elite spec.

They will get a deadeye elite specialization on the next expansion (22 sep). and it wield a riffle weapon so It basically a long range sniper.

I don’t have a thief classes but, AFAIK they can wield dagger / sword for melee combat
Thief also have stealth and blink skill to help you run away from enemy

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

coming back

Posted by: Elena.1543

Elena.1543

So, I decided to go thief, Now I pre ordered the new expansion but I refuse to use the boost since I need to learn the game and what’s going on. Thanks for the help btw.

What’s good crafting profs to take? what’s useful and what’s stupidly expensive that’s not useful for anything? I know that rafting can help with lvls and such so am I better ignoring it?

Sorry for the questions well no I’m not I just want to know things and be good

coming back

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Thief needs medium armor. And that’s still one of the most expensive crafting professions to level. You’re limited to 2 active crafting professions per toon. I went with Weaponsmith & Armorsmith on my Warrior, Huntsman & Leatherworker on my Ranger, Artificer & Tailor on my Elementalist, and Jeweler & Chef on my Revenant (Scribe on my Guardian, but that was much later on). Crafting is a great way to level toons, but you’re going to need some materials stored up first. When you do get around to crafting, I strongly recommend a crafting guide like gw2crafts.net to get it done the fastest and cheapest you can – also be sure to use the crafting booster available in the guild hall.

coming back

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

So, I decided to go thief, Now I pre ordered the new expansion but I refuse to use the boost since I need to learn the game and what’s going on. Thanks for the help btw.

What’s good crafting profs to take? what’s useful and what’s stupidly expensive that’s not useful for anything? I know that rafting can help with lvls and such so am I better ignoring it?

Sorry for the questions well no I’m not I just want to know things and be good

Every crafting profession has its use if you do Legendary crafting. The Gifts recipes needed for them are spread out across all the disciples; and some gifts require materials that refined on a different crafting line. (Like how Gift of Metal needs Jewler to refine Plat ingots).

In terms of usefulness, you’ll want to take the Smithing type that matches the armor of your main class, as you’ll inevitably need to do Ascended crafting if you do collections of any type. This also allows you to craft Ascd armor pieces, sacrificial armor for tokens (collections), and rune crafting (which arguably the most useful part outside of armor crafting).

Secondly its also useful to take a Smithing type that matches the weapons you use. For the new Expak, Weapon smith for melee weapons and Huntsman for ranged weapons are solid choices. These also make Utility consumables. Generally weapons are easy enough to obtain through other means; so its not particularly critical to have this unless you’re doing legendary crafting.

Third most useful is Cooking. Food is a major reoccurring cost for raids, so its possible to make a profit off by selling high demand items on TP.

All of them are expensive to max out….. so its really question of how you want to go about doing them.