friend bought the game, cant play with us? :(

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Glint of death.3590

Glint of death.3590

Hey just wanted to ask if there is a way I can specifically invite a friend to play on our server? (not guesting) One of my friend just bought the game and cant join our server because it is full, we’ve been waiting for it to open for the past 4 hours and it doesn’t look good. He doesn’t want to join another server because we’ll have to pay over 20$ to switch him over here. is there any way we can play together with out having to pay a ton of money? (no guesting, because we will still have to pay in the end for wvw/guilds)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

As far as I know there is no way to guest in WvW and since the only way he can get on your server is to guest unless he pays to move then I don’t think so. If he is new he could always delete his characters then move for fee..

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Cassy.6315

Cassy.6315

If he doesn’t get on tonight, maybe get up extra early Sunday morning to catch the server before most players wake up? Worth a try

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No, pretty much he will have to keep watching the server population, for it to drop to very high.
It is the weekend so a lot of people are on now. Also there is that new dungeon which only is going to be here until the 12th. So people are logging in in high numbers to do that. After the dungeon is gone the population should drop some. The best times to check will on a weekday and early morning (after midnight and before 6am, server time).

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

The weekend has the highest server population. I would keep watching but don’t give up hope, it may get better during the week.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Is their a queue to log into the server? I know that is off the subject although was wondering.

Sadly I am not sure how to get your friend to be able to play with you….not even sure a server transfer would work.

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Another way to skin a cat…
You 2 could transfer to a server that he CAN get into.

Good luck.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Server populations are not based on how many people are online. It’s based on how many player accounts are already on that server. So time of day does not matter because you have to wait for someone to transfer off the server so that there is space.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Unless things have changed recently, server population in GW2 is based on number of people online. During Christmas, on the busiest travel day of the year, server populations fell from High/Very High/Full to Medium/Low across the table, then surged back up at the end of the day.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

• For WvW, there’s no way, unless he’s on a neighbouring server and he will be your opponent :P
  • For open-world PvE, if he gets put into an overflow you can join HIS overflow (party up with them, right-click on their name, and click “Join in <insert area name here>”). There’s also having all of you guesting into another server as already suggested.
  • For instanced PvE, no transferring is required: Just party up with all your characters in the same area as dungeon entrance, and everyone is put in the same instance upon entry.