how to make 300% MF?

how to make 300% MF?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

is there a way to make 300% MF without loosing gold ?

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

use buy order to buy loads of blue and greens and salvage them.

The problem is there are other people doing the same thing.

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

is there a way to make 300% MF without loosing gold ?

Yes. But you have to farm all the blues and greens yourself.

If you want 300% MF quickly, then you’ll need to spend gold.

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

and if u buy and salvage ectos is it big lose or not much ?

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

300% MF gradually without losing gold:
1. Buy L65-80 green gloves, boots and shoulders; keep track of how much you spend.
2. Promote them to rare armour in the Mystic Forge
3. Salvage the rare armour using Master Salvage Kits (Mystic Kits if you have spare stones that you don’t intend to use for exotic forging) for globs of ectoplasm
4. Sell the ectoplasm on the TP until you’ve made back the cost of the green gloves, boots and shoulders. My current recommendation is to buy at <1.8s and sell for 43s (including fees), but obviously keep an eye on the market using gw2spidy.
5. Once you’ve sold enough ectoplasm to cover the cost of the greens you’ve bought (for 43s, profit per ecto is (43*0.85)-0.6144=35.9s), salvage the rest of the ectoplasm.
6. Enjoy your luck!

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

Here’s a snapshot of my sheet. The first two are actual trials, while the third is a projection based on a below-average performance using the price points I’ve recommended. In reality, on average for a larger quantity of masterworks you should make your investment back much faster than my projection.

http://postimg.org/image/7m7qzylln/

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As well as what others said, the trick or treat bags that drop during Halloween have the exotic, rare, and masterwork essences of luck. I’ve gone up about four % (up to 134% now) since last Tuesday just from consuming the luck I’ve gotten during farming ToT bags in the labyrinth (only about 20 minutes every day).

how to make 300% MF?

laokoko.7403

and if u buy and salvage ectos is it big lose or not much ?

Theoretically I think salvaging 100 gold worth of ectos will results in roughly 100 gold in dust.

But it is actually a huge lost. Since buying 100 gold of something and resell it for 100 gold, means you pay 15 gold of tax.

You’ll probably spend in the thousands of gold if you level magic find from 1-300 using ectos.

Spending 30-60 minutes a day buying and salvaging blues and greens, you can achieve the same thing without spending any gold.

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I actually made a calculation with buying ectos, salvaging, selling the dust. Going from ~170 to 300 MF costs about 2000-3000 gold, depending on the changing ecto and dust prices.
By the way, this would require you to salvage about 33000 ectos (132 stacks).

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Salvaging Ectos is generally considered the LEAST expensive way to BOOST MF %.

Whether or not you loose or make money depends on the current prices of Ectos and Dust and how good you are at playing the TP to get the best possible buy and sell order prices.

Quite unlikely you can make money while boosting MF % in the long run.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

how to make 300% MF?

laokoko.7403

Salvaging Ectos is generally considered the LEAST expensive way to BOOST MF %.

Whether or not you loose or make money depends on the current prices of Ectos and Dust and how good you are at playing the TP to get the best possible buy and sell order prices.

Quite unlikely you can make money while boosting MF % in the long run.

nah, just put buy order on blue and greens and salvage them everyday. See video below.

I gained from 180-250 magic find actually making money doing it. It’s just really tedious.

I lost nearly 800 gold going from 250-290 salvaging ecto.

the guy in the video actaully loss money I’m not sure why. You probably need to pick what you want to salvage better if you dont’ want to loss money.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….
…..

That sounds like an order of magnitude outside the numbers even players complaining about the method reported in the past. I can only conclude you were either doing something VERY wrong or material prices (Ectos or Dust) have drastically changed in the past several months.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

You can make a pretty good dent in MF farming those Trick or Treat bags this week.

Also you can pick up some nice 20 slot bags as well, and some gold selling the other junk.

how to make 300% MF?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’m getting quite a lot of luck just by casually farming the Labyrinth for 30 – 45 mins every day. (Figured I may as well use some boosters and level my mule at the same time so I can use him for farming stuff like Rhendak.)

how to make 300% MF?

laokoko.7403

….
…..

That sounds like an order of magnitude outside the numbers even players complaining about the method reported in the past. I can only conclude you were either doing something VERY wrong or material prices (Ectos or Dust) have drastically changed in the past several months.

ya I’m just randoming throwing numbers because I dont’ remember how much level I gained from ectos.

What I remember was I spend 800 gold on ectos and gained a bunch of level. I didn’t spend any money on blues and greens and gained a bunch of level.

There are people that are still salvaging today for gold even though they maxed magic find, so I doubt you actually need to spend money to level magic find. That being said, I’m not sure about the market today.