laurels ?

laurels ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

what is best way to get money from them ?

laurels ?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Heavy Crafting Bags I would say.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

laurels ?

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Yep, T6 crafting mats, they’ll sell pretty nicely.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

laurels ?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Be sure you want to do that with a time gated currency.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

laurels ?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

unid dyes used to be the best… now it’s probably T6 mats.
Unless you really need them, I would suggest saving them for something that’s harder to get.
personally, I prefer to spend my laurels on wvw ranks

laurels ?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For a simple, guaranteed way, just buy Heavy Crafting Bags and sell the contents. It’s an easy 1+ gold every day. There are probably more efficient ways of getting gold from Laurels, but that’s the simplest way.

laurels ?

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

Tl:dr: Keep them, you’ll need them

yeah, I’d never ever spent laurels on crafting bags or anything thats a cosmetic.

Laurels are way to valuable and you need around 40-50 alone to craft ascended gear (including 2-4 weapons), another 25 for only ONE amulet. And then all those infusion you are looking at another 60-80 for a full set.

Thats one set of gear, maybe you want a second or third for you main. Oh, dont forget your alts, so much laurels! :s
I am sitting on hundreds of gold and crafting materials but I just cannot make use of those because I dont have the laurels to start this whole thing.
Currently I am eagerly awaiting the next monthly achievements again. I need those 10 laurels to start my next ascended armor set.
These bad boys are slowing me down BIG time.

Now, if you’d be around since release you probably have enough but then you most likely would not have aksed how to make gold from those, … I guess.

But, if you really must: Heavy crafting bags is the way to go.

Edit: Funny people are asking for ways to waste them, while I am thinking about opening a thread about laurels and how much they slow me down on a daily basis. To each his own.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

(edited by Flitzie.6082)

laurels ?

Zaxares.5419

Hehe, how our circumstances differ. I have 630 Laurels at the moment. And this is after I’ve spent probably 50 on Heavy Crafting Bags, and another 150 Laurels buying Ascended amulets for my 5 mains (plus Karmic infusions to go in them). I’ve calculated I’ll need a further 200 Laurels to get all the various Ascended recipes I need (waiting on buying those since by the time I accumulate all the materials I need, I might get some more Ascended chests that reduce the need for them), but that still leaves me with a LOT of spare Laurels.

laurels ?

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I always keep a small pool of laurels in case I decide I want some gear, but I usually buy the t6 mats if I want the good for something. You usually end up with 3 t6’s which can add up to more than a gold for each laurel.

laurels ?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Gold Find Infusion

It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Server: Devona’s Rest

laurels ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not everyone wants to make ascended gear. You don’t actually need it for anything except high level Fractals and for a lot of people the time, cost or simply the fact that they’d have to level crafting puts them off.

I’ve picked up a pair of rings and got accessories for my main with WvW Tournament tokens, and I’m working on the medium coat because I like the skin, but I can’t see myself ever making it for my alts.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

laurels ?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’d say Ascended WEAPONS are useful for ALL players but going for them depends on where your crafting levels currently stand. Ascended ARMOR is frankly a long term goal status symbol (IMO) and is only necessary if you plan to specialize in high end Fractals. It can certainly be beneficial in other modes of play, but is hardly a “must have”..

If you have lots of Alts to gear up with Trinkets and weapons, Laurels are needed more than those players that only have 1 or 3 characters they play regularly.

Even if you see no immediate need for them, per above, I would suggest keeping 15 or so in your wallet for a rainy day.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

laurels ?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Unless you’re trying to get a legendary and need the T6 mats, I would keep them. They are hard to get and you never know when you might want them. If you ever decide to go for ascended weapons and trinkets, you’ll be glad for every one you have.

laurels ?

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Gold Find Infusion

It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Indeed. I use the Distinguished Circle of Logic with a ‘Gilded Infusion’ on all of my Zerker Dungeon Runners, one of which I’m using in the Labyrinth to great affect.

The other infusions are kinda meh IMO but the Gilded infusion is great for long term use with dungeon running, event farming, and can even be shared between toons for Map Completion.

I have 12 80s that I use for different things and all of my dungeoneer/farmers have this combo. Have an appropriate amulet For FotM of course.

Gold is VERY easy to get. don’t WASTE this valuable currency on an extra 1g per day.

(edited by Tman.6349)

laurels ?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Not everyone wants to make ascended gear. You don’t actually need it for anything except high level Fractals and for a lot of people the time, cost or simply the fact that they’d have to level crafting puts them off.

I’ve picked up a pair of rings and got accessories for my main with WvW Tournament tokens, and I’m working on the medium coat because I like the skin, but I can’t see myself ever making it for my alts.

you would be amazed at the difference full pink gear makes to a wvw roamer who likes to solo objectives

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

laurels ?

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Don’t underestimate the benefit of XP boost infusions. For someone that really uses skill points it is probably more beneficial than gold find. But GF is a very good choice if you are on the fence.

laurels ?

Zaxares.5419

I was really torn between between the Gilded or Karmic infusion when I equipped my characters with Ascended amulets. I was under the impression that coin drops from mobs don’t give very much, but farming in the Labyrinth these last 2 weeks has actually changed my opinion on that.

Still, with my karma reserves severely depleted after unlocking all the T3 Cultural weapons, I’m still relatively happy with the Karmic infusions. The Karmic Converter (once I get it) does provide some nice opportunities to monetize karma, after all. Down the line, if no new major sinks for karma arise, then I might look at switching out to Gilded infusions.