my warrior feels too squishy

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hamuko.5098

Hamuko.5098

My warrior feels too squishy, even with the AC gear. it dies about 5 times faster than my guardian. i just recently leveled it to 80. should i just l2p? or am i just too used too my guardian everything else feels squishy?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

On the bright side the stuff around you falls a lot faster, right? Maybe play with your builds a bit, check the warrior forums, see if something might work better for you.
I know I had to do that for my guardian back in the day.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

You specify that your warrior is wearing AC gear, but not the quality of said gear (I assume it is exotic), nor the stats on those. We will need informations on your build as well to help you more accurately.

This being said, I did find the warriors less tanky than the guardians, gear and builds evenly matched. The design of those professions explains it in my opinion.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

my fiance also has exotic AC (PTV) gear as a warrior. I keep trying to get her to switch to Berserker gear for easy paths like CoF p1, but she says she dies fast enough already.

Stay PTV until you learn the paths enough to go full berserker. The part that sucks about it (I have a zerk thief and mesmer), is that you really only shine when everybody else is full zerker, like CoF or Fotm, otherwise the things just don’t die fast enough.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

exchange that berserker armor for soldier’s, take out those 30 points in strength trait and put it in defense, take out those 30 points in arms trait and put it in tactics
vuala! now you can survive 4 times as much punishment. you’ll take 50% longer to kill stuff, but that’s the trade-off.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

exchange that berserker armor for soldier’s, take out those 30 points in strength trait and put it in defense, take out those 30 points in arms trait and put it in tactics
vuala! now you can survive 4 times as much punishment. you’ll take 50% longer to kill stuff, but that’s the trade-off.

AC gear would exclude berserker.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Dungeons
AC only provides Soldier, Rampager and Magi.

As for warrior being squishy, just as with every other class it depends on your build. There is not much point in discussion without knowing your build. Environment is also important. Open world, dungeon, and WvW have different sorts of advantages and disadvantages to exploit/defend against.

This the build I usually run around in for open world stuff.
Dogged March and Embrace the Pain gets swapped around depending on situation
Same for Last Stand/Merciless Hammer/Sundering Mace
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBHPxG2IoTybvjzDTkABpQDzCThi4UAKSPID0INA-jwzAIsAixgwZwUAISBM5AkwAk8KiGbboIasqZhaVDm6ERDD5PQcCYA-e

When dealing with condition heavy things(certain bounty targets)
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBiYDbE0J5t3x5hJSAgUUFXmCFdKAV6BZshGA-jgzAYLAMGEODmCARKgpCAZxioxWZLiGraWoW1gpOR0wQ+DEnAGA-e

When I need to be really tanky(rarely, also not very good for mobile fights), actual banners vary with situation and group composition
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBiYDbE0J5t3x5hJSAgUUFXmCFdKAV6BZshGA-jQzAYsAhzgpAQkCYyCQWsIasV2ioxqmFqVNYqTENMk/AxJgBA-e

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I call shenanigans.

Last thing Warrior needs right now is more help. It’s already the #1 meta for speed clears

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Oh yeah, warriors on citadel of flames way 1 with berserk. They’re so funny. They always lie on the ground and I have to revive them. Sure necro has as much health as a warrior but a full berserk warrior has less armor than I on hybrid.

My warrior is hybrid as well and with my skills on crit and some builds and sigils depending on crit I easily throw 11k critical hits with 10-18 might. I often come to reach 25 might when there are 3-4 enemies in front of me.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Warriors can be a little squishy sometimes, which is why I equip both a rifle and melee weapons. When my health drops enough I switch to rifle and start kiting until my health is higher. Things don’t die as fast but then neither do I.

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

My warrior feels too squishy, even with the AC gear. it dies about 5 times faster than my guardian. i just recently leveled it to 80. should i just l2p? or am i just too used too my guardian everything else feels squishy?

I play in full berserker with a War, Engineer, Elementalist and Guardian. The warrior is by far the strongest most resistant of all. I can be the front line even without extra toughness and vitality.

A Guardian is more resistant if you spec only heal and boons. But if you make your guardian a Berserker you will have only 10 k life.