16 Lost matches in a row

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I understand there have been many other complaints about the match making system and I’ve read many of the threads… For the longest time it wasn’t that big of a deal to me, I can handle having a bit of a losing streak and I understand it’s probably difficult for ANet to introduce proper match making… But 2 days ago I lost 16 consecutive matches and I had to leave the last 2 of them because they were so embarrassingly horrible I didn’t want to stay until the end which left me with Dishonorable.

Are there any plans to tighten the match making system in the near future? Because I can honestly say that was the single worst experience I’ve had in this game… By the time those last two matches came around I felt like it was some kind of sick prank.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I win most of my team and soloq matches so I never experienced this problem. I would suggest choosing a more viable build and adjustic your tactics in a way that will give you more chance to achieve a victory.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

No a long losing streak is very possible if you keep being matched with players who don’t know what they doing, players experimenting with builds (so don’t really know what they doing), bad team composition (3 mesmers, 3 eles, 3 thiefs or any combo there of), afk’ers, leavers (so you 4v5), a doom merchant (you lose initial rush for pts, starts trash talking putting team down), getting sky hammer 6 billion times in a row and so on…

Was in a lot of games in a row over the weekend where I scored more points than anybody off either team and won 90% of my battles but my teammates were so inept we lost…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No a long losing streak is very possible if you keep being matched with players who don’t know what they doing, players experimenting with builds (so don’t really know what they doing), bad team composition (3 mesmers, 3 eles, 3 thiefs or any combo there of), afk’ers, leavers (so you 4v5), a doom merchant (you lose initial rush for pts, starts trash talking putting team down), getting sky hammer 6 billion times in a row and so on…

Was in a lot of games in a row over the weekend where I scored more points than anybody off either team and won 90% of my battles but my teammates were so inept we lost…

Yep, pretty much what happened… Kept getting matched with players that had no idea what they were doing and about 4 or 5 times was matched against this guild that had their strategy down to a science…

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I win most of my team and soloq matches so I never experienced this problem. I would suggest choosing a more viable build and adjustic your tactics in a way that will give you more chance to achieve a victory.

If I were good enough to carry my team, I wouldn’t be posting this thread. Your condescending tone does not provide me with helpful advice. But congratulations on never experiencing this problem. Maybe when you do you won’t be so apathetic.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If I were good enough to carry my team, I wouldn’t be posting this thread. Your condescending tone does not provide me with helpful advice. But congratulations on never experiencing this problem. Maybe when you do you won’t be so apathetic.

You don’t have to be good enough to pick a “winning” build. It has nothing to do with your skill. I am not trying to make any comments about your skill, because I can’t know if you are the best or the worst player ever. It makes no difference.
Pick a good (op) build and you will win at least 50% of your matches no matter how good or bad you are.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I feel you, but my personal record is 22 lost matches in a row. :P
The only advice I can give you, just stop playing after you lose 5 in a row. Try again few hours later.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Losing streaks happen, it’s the luck of the draw. Just the other day I went from the top 25 all the way to 400 something. Generally when I hit really bad streaks I’ll do one of two things. Either I’ll just stop playing for the day, and forget about it. Or I’ll take a serious look at my own gameplay, and see if I’m at fault.

If you’re a strong player you’ll easily bounce back from it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

You don’t have to be good enough to pick a “winning” build. It has nothing to do with your skill. I am not trying to make any comments about your skill, because I can’t know if you are the best or the worst player ever. It makes no difference.
Pick a good (op) build and you will win at least 50% of your matches no matter how good or bad you are.

In that case I apologize for my hostility but I still disagree. Although I understand the “meta” is generally more effective than other builds, the one I’m currently using has served me very well. It has a good mixture of DPS and sustain although more on the DPS side. I main a Necromancer and the Necro meta is Minionmaster, which, I personally wouldn’t ever use if my life depended on it… I’ve given it a go and I just do not enjoy using builds that take no effort because I don’t find it engaging.
Still, I am partially at fault for refusing to use a meta build but that doesn’t mean I’m an incompetent player (not that you were accusing me of being.)

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Well my longest losing streak was 12 in a row, happened two weaks ago, still about recovering my stats from that, barely at 50% again now.
Of that 12 games 6 were 5v4, 3 were on skyhammer with the enemy team having 2 terrormancers while yours had none (one was even 3 necros and one mesmer) resulting in ppl afking after half the match anyway.
And 2 of them were on spirit watch were the entire team had nothing else to do but just skirmishing in the middle, but there still not caring for the enmey orb runner (okay that was when still a lot of pure PvE ppl went to PvP for the paths)

Soloq is like hot join a pure lottery, in contrast in TeamQ with my guild I have a 60-70% percent win rate (cause a lot of ppls soloQ in TeamQ, making it pretty easy for an organized team even if they are PvE’ers like the ppl of my guild)

#ELEtism

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Never lost more than 3 games in a row (cause I usually stop playing then), but yesterday I had one match, I asked 4mid-1close as strategy but when we went out, 4 of them went straight to close for no obvious reason, leaving me to face 4 on mid…

I figured 2 of them were completely new players, and they didn’t have a clue what they were doing. Me and the other advanced player pulled some nice feats though (we killed 4 of the enemy team at a certain point) and we lost with around 440-500 despite having total noobs on our team.

In general: bad luck in teams can happen, just do your best to win anyways, use your tactical insight to attack the right points and your skill/build to win the fights, and you might come out on top. It’s quite possible to beat guild teams (using VoIP) with a pug group aswell, as long as you know what you’re doing and most of your team does aswell.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

What Duran said. SoloQ has turned into a big lottery to me. Bad team compositions, 4v5’s, people not following strategies.

Strategies followed can be good, but most of times they aren’t followed, and you got 1 or 2 guys constantly pushing far, while there’s a bunker on it. What happens is that you won the mid fight, 1 or 2 decide to go far, end up getting zerged because people rezzed, then that team recaps middle, and they easily sit on these 2. This happens maybe 1/3 matchs, although i’m generally typing to not go far..

People need to play the least risky tactics in order to avoid soloQ classic issues..

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I think its too easy to blame luck or lack thereof. Far better for yourself to look critically at your own gameplay, even when youre teammates make a lot of mistakes. And 16 or 22 game losing streaks dont happen due to lack of luck tbh.

With that said; its hard to judge the issue without seeing the actual games. Might be an idea to set up a stream maybe, so people can help you out.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

A few tips to help out.

A tanky(ish) build is a good place to start. Cheese or whatever, it works.

If you are being placed with some of the same players that are not very good, give it about 5 mins between queuing at some point, it should mix you up a little. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, worth a try though.

Ignore most build templetes you find, they are more often built with teams in mind, or they are Wv3 which is a different mode. In soloQ YOU have to bring everything you need, or get as close to that as you can. You never know what you will be going against and whom will be on your side, so build only with yourself in mind. It sounds counter productive in a team game, but its not a team mode. SoloQ is far to chaotic for any real team planning to be done. Best bet is to try to find a role, build for it, tank up a little, and try your best.

Form a team if you really wish to avoid it, although its not that much better in TeamQ, but if you have a good team you will win plenty to begin with as you move up the rankings somewhat.

But if your deadset on soloQ, just build for it. Or even change class if you are on an odd one (thieves are not very good in SoloQ).

(to be clear, thieves are not very good in soloQ because a lot are played as killing machines, not roamers and support. But in SoloQ there are plenty of killing machines that do it better than a thief in that environment. Other classes have poor areas as well. Spammy tanky Mesmers are a nightmare to kill, but as they are stealthing, they are not really doing anything either. SoloQ really is a different set of rules, you are on your own.)

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I think its too easy to blame luck or lack thereof. Far better for yourself to look critically at your own gameplay, even when youre teammates make a lot of mistakes. And 16 or 22 game losing streaks dont happen due to lack of luck tbh.

With that said; its hard to judge the issue without seeing the actual games. Might be an idea to set up a stream maybe, so people can help you out.

this^^

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

this^^

No matter how bad he may have been, no one can lose 16 games in a row like that. It’s not a question of skill. Clueless teammates with a limited number of players and two or three premades into the mix are a more likely explanation.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

i had like a 20-2 day once, but i think consecutive loses were 8 or 10…… 16 is realy on another level

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I know that feel, came back 15th after not playing for months, tried solo q, lost like the first 4 in a row, went from previously being high in leaderboards before i left to mmr hell.
Me and friends barely play enough to go through the hassel of trying to put a proper Team together.

Stopped playing again.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Join a Solo / Team Queue game, grouped up with three Light professions against a sensible composition. Announce Home bunker, 3 other team members run with you and stand on Home to get the “capture credit” for their personal score. After that, they spend the rest of the match collectively chasing a Thief in circles around the map.

Your Ranger eventually breaks off by himself to play with their Bunker Guardian on Mid for 5-6 minutes, which concludes any offensive action against actual capture points ever undertaken by your team, and then the game ends 500-90 with plentiful “GG EZ EZ” proclamations from the winning team.

This, except bunkering home all game against one or two far point assaults yeilds a lower personal score, and your own team blames you for the loss.
I think it’s time soloq was matched on experience, not MMR.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

A good build isn’t going to stop people from suicide rushing far the entire match or morons from telling everyone to rush the orb when you have home and mid locked up. Most may average about 50% just due to chance but there will be people who get luck with teams and those who get screwed. That’s just the nature of solo arena.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

This, except bunkering home all game against one or two far point assaults yeilds a lower personal score, and your own team blames you for the loss.

Anyone who thinks personal score matters in solo arena needs to go back to hot matches. Speaking of hot matches, it’s very easy to learn bad habits and bad strategy playing in it so someone who rank up mostly through hot matches is still going to suck in arena most likely even if they have a decent experience level rank.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Anyone who thinks personal score matters in solo arena needs to go back to hot matches. Speaking of hot matches, it’s very easy to learn bad habits and bad strategy playing in it so someone who rank up mostly through hot matches is still going to suck in arena most likely even if they have a decent experience level rank.

I must be the worst player on my team because i have the most score.
This was long ago got a couple ranks since then.
Honestly you don’t just randomly outclass the others in points.
Removed the names so i don’t get banned and i got to 300 in Tpvp a couple of times without treb as well.
But sure some random guy with 100 points must be a better player.

Attachments:

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Pro-Tip:

in rank situations, you’re suppose to stop after 2 straight losses and try again later.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

I must be the worst player on my team because i have the most score.
This was long ago got a couple ranks since then.
Honestly you don’t just randomly outclass the others in points.
Removed the names so i don’t get banned and i got to 300 in Tpvp a couple of times without treb as well.
But sure some random guy with 100 points must be a better player.

See, that’s the problem that people are citing. Nobody is saying that the guy with 100 points is a better player, they’re simply saying that he may not be worse simply because of his score. The point is that score is NOT a good indication of actual value to a team.

Sure a guy with 0 points is not an asset to the team at all, but let’s say I spent the entire game fighting one big team battle in mid where I was consistently killing and stomping players with the aid of my team, while another player on my team spent his time at home handling enemies 1v1 and getting only a few kills while keeping home totally under control without letting it decap once. Of course I am going to get a TON more points than him, but we would have had a fairly equivalent impact on the actual success of the team.

Again, nobody is saying that you are bad, or that the guy is better than you, simply that score is objectively unimportant in the scope of winning a match, it really only tends to indicate who played what roles, rather than who played more efficiently and better.

[IX]

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Let go of discussing points, as the above said; it’s only indicative of getting into large fights and tagging a lot of people/getting decaps as a high mobility class.
The 1v1 hard target at home point who goes to help mid but consistently comes back to defend close (MM Necro, Turret Engi, Spirit Ranger, D/D Ele) and makes people retreat, or holds 1v2s until teammates come help (at which point he may be stomped) will never have the score of say, a Hambow nearly always swinging on mid, or the Guardian bunker going to all major teamfights.

I’ve gone from 90% to 350ish, then back down again with consecutive losses. Most I had were 8 losses back to back on 2 separate days. On those days there were a few really bad compositions, sure (e.g. 2 rangers, 4 guardians, 3 mesmers…) but some of it can be attributed to my bad rotations as well. I lost home quite a few times because I wasn’t keeping a close eye on it, or I wasn’t able to deal with somebody 1v1 long enough.

Playing something suited to conquest helps your wins as well, I’ve been playing Engineer and Guardian and I’ve always had a ~50% ratio (actually, I dream about being good on Engi). When I switched to Banner Regen Warrior (Olrun the Blade’s build), I had a near 60% win rate (150-105). I could have improved, but I felt that it was mostly due to the build being able to take hits 1v2 for a very long time, until teammates felt like helping me out after about a minute.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

In that case, with what at least a few people have said, is my strategy okay?:
I’m a Necromancer, 6/6/0/0/2 Rabid amulet with pretty hefty damage and can generally maintain myself even without having a substantial amount of HP. I begin by capping home, always, because I have no mobility in my traits or utility bar. I then move to mid to help anyone who’s fighting there and continue to bounce between home and mid for the majority of the match.
Also, for future reference, I’m talking about tPvP as it’s all I’ve really done since I began PvPing (which only started about a few weeks to a month ago.) Prior to starting PvP I was (and still am a lot more often than I PvP) a WvW solo roamer. So as far as I’m concerned the losses have nothing to do with my competence in a fight although I’d be willing to accept there may be things about PvP I’ve yet to learn as I’ve only recently started.

Still, it’s good to see there are many others here who have had similarly lengthy losing streaks. I can honestly say I’m by no means a PvP veteran but I’m pretty sure I understand the basics. The majority of the groups I had gotten that day clearly did not. And the ones that did understand, were just horrible group compositions… At one point I had gotten a group that was all thieves and we got absolutely demolished. It was actually one of the worse matches of the many I lost that day.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

I wouldn’t call a win ratio of 55%/60% “most of the matches”, but perception is subjective as we all know…

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Duran.3196

I wouldn’t call a win ratio of 55%/60% “most of the matches”, but perception is subjective as we all know…

U know that 66% already suggests you won twice as often as you lost?
Given the insane matchup lottery that would mean already you are extremely good.
Once a statistically relevant number of matches has been played (lets say >100, more is better) >60% is top 100 worthy.
If you seek the leaderboard a player having >100 matches and >70% is a very very rare occasion. Most of the top ones have something between 55%-65% .

#ELEtism

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

I just wish it would stop matching me with the same people over and over again.

Yesterday I lost 4 matches in a row because my team always had these 2 rangers who just stood in a high spot spamming shortbow auto-attack. Meanwhile the other team wins just by having people on the actual points.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

You’re not alone. I’ve been losing more games than I win now-a-days :/ Still staying positive, because kitten happens. Just keep pushing for a nice win streak

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

I say if you reach the 10th loss it’s time to switch characters and go farming for materials for a bit; think about it, after all those losses what’s the point? So many reasons can cause you to lose matches that are beyond your control, it’s all down to ‘the human element’. Come back later and try again that’s what I’d suggest. Also if you can get ppl in game who like to pvp and are decent/good players then it’s best to just team up with them everytime you can. They know your style and you know theirs, higher chance of winning even if only one joins your matches.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

U know that 66% already suggests you won twice as often as you lost?
Given the insane matchup lottery that would mean already you are extremely good.
Once a statistically relevant number of matches has been played (lets say >100, more is better) >60% is top 100 worthy.
If you seek the leaderboard a player having >100 matches and >70% is a very very rare occasion. Most of the top ones have something between 55%-65% .

Do you know that 55% =/= 66%?

But let’s be real here in acknowledging that the leaderboards for soloQ are utterly free of any value. For teamQ it is merely an indicator if you are part of a good team or not (which of course consists of good players).

Leaderboards that actually would have full teams ranked would be much better for obvious reasons. Will not happen though, as teamQ is soloQ v2.0 for most of the players.

To sum it up: SoloQ is lottery and means nothing. TeamQ is only relevant when the ranks start to fill with people playing in full groups.

For my part, I can’t take any GW2 pvp ladder serious as long as Anet keeps the variables in the calculation scheme hidden from us.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It shouldn’t really matter if you roll into pvp with the worst build in the world 16 game losing streaks shouldn’t be possible. It’s the matchmaking. If it worked correctly even if you were bad with a bad build you would face equally bad people and win before 16 straight losses occurred.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Duran.3196

Do you know that 55% =/= 66%?

But let’s be real here in acknowledging that the leaderboards for soloQ are utterly free of any value. For teamQ it is merely an indicator if you are part of a good team or not (which of course consists of good players).

Leaderboards that actually would have full teams ranked would be much better for obvious reasons. Will not happen though, as teamQ is soloQ v2.0 for most of the players.

To sum it up: SoloQ is lottery and means nothing. TeamQ is only relevant when the ranks start to fill with people playing in full groups.

For my part, I can’t take any GW2 pvp ladder serious as long as Anet keeps the variables in the calculation scheme hidden from us.

First:
Yes I know 55 =/= 66 , but 66 is already top notch considering the lottery

Second:
Thats why I said I only look at ppl with at least 100 matches

#ELEtism

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i lost 22 consecutive games before coz im being paired with the same players, but i learned from that so whenever i see a guy who i dont want to be teamed together i add them and wait for them to go in before i Que or play. also i cancel my Q whenever it takes more than 4 mins.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

It’s gotten to the point now where I get into the match, give it a try, but if I can see that it’s a loss, I’ll ask an opponent to kill me so I can afk in the base. Then it’s just a matter of watching some YouTube vids while my team tries to fight to the last man to claim 20 points vs 500 points.

A bit of an exaggeration on the points, but you get my meaning.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

It’s gotten to the point now where I get into the match, give it a try, but if I can see that it’s a loss, I’ll ask an opponent to kill me so I can afk in the base. Then it’s just a matter of watching some YouTube vids while my team tries to fight to the last man to claim 20 points vs 500 points.

A bit of an exaggeration on the points, but you get my meaning.

Sounds like we’ve figured out why you’re on a losing streak. I’ve heard that afking in your base does wonders for the other team.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

to op:

it happens sometimes, and by now i find much hilarity in it. i literally went psycho trying to “game” the system because i couldn’t believe just how badly a hand i was dealt on 2 particular nights. i persisted and got matched up with 4v5s FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. no joke. this isn’t some 80% games either, this was hovering around top 350~ soloQ. needless to say, i plunged from 300~ all the way down and off the leaderboard in 2 nights of straight losses. i believe i racked up over 20 losses straight.

i eventually went back up to 400~ and then the same thing happened 2-3 days before the big patch hit, except it was like 1-2 losses a night. then the patch hit and boom, dropped all the way down. i literally laughed out loud when i see people keyboard turning in top 1000 play.

playing teamQ with people you know does make life a lot easier…and you also don’t have nublets that tell you how badly you all suck because your team lost the game and he had the highest personal score from zerging.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

I would run into many games with uneven numbers, as someone left halfway or never joined in the first place. It’s those games that are the hardest to stay around for.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Join a Solo / Team Queue game, grouped up with three Light professions against a sensible composition. Announce Home bunker, 3 other team members run with you and stand on Home to get the “capture credit” for their personal score. After that, they spend the rest of the match collectively chasing a Thief in circles around the map.

Your Ranger eventually breaks off by himself to play with their Bunker Guardian on Mid for 5-6 minutes, which concludes any offensive action against actual capture points ever undertaken by your team, and then the game ends 500-90 with plentiful “GG EZ EZ” proclamations from the winning team.

Haha, good to see I’m not alone getting caught in terrible matches! xD Thanks for giving me a laugh to start my day!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Yeah that type of stuff is really frustrating. I know that loss wasn’t your fault, but have you considered some of the following?

—Try a more all-‘rounder build that can bunker/duel on home point if necessary, but also has the mobility/dps to get to mid and far and be effective there.
—Try saying hello at the start of the match to gauge your teammates’ communication ability. If they respond, work out an opening strategy; if not, be prepared to change your own strategy as soon as the match begins.
—Try to manipulate your teammates’ actions without necessarily telling them what to do. For example, if they’re all chasing a thief and being useless, you may need to quickly cc the thief for them so that he dies and they stop chasing him. More commonly, two teammates might be failing to kill one tanky far point assaulter. You can drop in and provide 3-5 seconds of dps, giving your hopeless teammates the ability to move to a better fight.

Don’t take this the wrong way—sometimes there’s just nothing you can do. But stuff like this can be the difference between winning 55% of your matches and winning 60%.

16 Lost matches in a row

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yolo queue. 2 games in a row that start off as 4v5. The playerbase is still laughably small you’ll face the same teams consecutively. Anet doesn’t care. If anet had half a brain 4v5 wouldn’t start

Attachments: