[Q/A] Leaderboard

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Q:

We have Team Arena and Solo Arena merged (which is fine imo).

So the Leaderboard is going to be merged aswel.
Basically, before, alot of Solo Q’ers barely done any Team Arena.

Since both kind of players are merged too, the Leaderboard will grow quite (alot).

How’s the new Leaderboard going to be?

a) Still top 1000, maybe 2000 now?
b) When is it coming out?
c) The ‘old’ Leaderboard stops working now? Or does it continue ‘till new LB is out?
d) Will it be so (since each of your class has it’s own MMR) that there are going to be multiple Leaderboards?
e) Any links/info about the Leaderboard matter you can provide?

Thank you very much for your time!

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

A:

c) The ‘old’ Leaderboard stops working now? Or does it continue ‘till new LB is out?
d) Will it be so (since each of your class has it’s own MMR) that there are going to be multiple Leaderboards?

a) I’m not sure what cap we’ll place on the leaderboard. John will probably make that call, but I expect it will be 1000 again.
b) Unless something goes wrong, it should be available when the beta season starts on the 16th.
c) The old leaderboard data is there but no longer being updated, and will remain on the website until we replace it with the beta leaderboard.
d) No. MMR has nothing to do with the leaderboard anymore.
e) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/finding-the-perfect-match/

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

d) Will there also be an Unranked Arena Leaderboard?

Ima let you think about this one.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

d) Will there also be an Unranked Arena Leaderboard?

Ima let you think about this one.

You got me there..
How ignorant could I be when asking it lol.

Tnx ._.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

a) I’m not sure what cap we’ll place on the leaderboard. John will probably make that call, but I expect it will be 1000 again.
b) Unless something goes wrong, it should be available when the beta season starts on the 16th.
c) The old leaderboard data is there but no longer being updated, and will remain on the website until we replace it with the beta leaderboard.

Is matchmaking currently turned on for the ranked arena? Was everyone’s MMR reset after this patch?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Is matchmaking currently turned on for the ranked arena? Was everyone’s MMR reset after this patch?

It is turned on. No MMR was not reset, but it looks like there may have been a bug migrating old data, causing some people to have default profession data. Still looking into it.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

and when do we get our rewards?

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It is turned on. No MMR was not reset, but it looks like there may have been a bug migrating old data, causing some people to have default profession data. Still looking into it.

Ye there must be.

Also worth noting that the stats on my pvp tab show zero games on necromancer even though 95% of my play is on it. It says warrior is my most played in the profession pie chart. But says necro is most played on the text data.

But ye, the matchmaking can’t be working because I spent all day in trio queue farming it super hard. Lost on the odd occasion but generally just stomps which obviously wasn’t good for me or them.

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I still need to pull the data and then hand it over to others to verify. (Sorry, I’ve been busy today.) Then we have to send it to CS who will get to it as soon as they can.

In other words, I have no idea other than to say as soon as we can.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I still need to pull the data and then hand it over to others to verify. (Sorry, I’ve been busy today.) Then we have to send it to CS who will get to it as soon as they can.

In other words, I have no idea other than to say as soon as we can.

Its a great patch by the way. I suppose all big changes have some minor issues to start with but its the best patch so far. Hopefully it shows you guys how popular courtyard/skyhammer actually are (facts not forum posts) and you can add them to ranked arena for seasons :P

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

oke thanks though

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Thank you very much for taking your time to answer!

Wasn’t it mentioned that classes will have a rating/ranking individually?
Might be wrong, though..

Cheers

[Q/A] Leaderboard

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Wasn’t it mentioned that classes will have a rating/ranking individually?

Both links should mention it. The wiki page should elaborate on it. If it doesn’t let me know and I’ll make a note to add the details.

Server Programmer (sPvP)