-45 -41 etc are you kidding me?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

this system is just stupid. Get an ele on my team on legend rank who tries to kill chieftain, takes him 2 minutes to get it stolen and for that i lose that much rating?

Not even those people who are 300 rating higher than me ever lose that much rating.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

-37 now , its getting better, good game Kappa

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I got a +37 and a +34 from a couple matches.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

good for you pretty broken system tho but what can you expect from a game in beta

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Your volatility was probably high. Did you pay at all the last few days?

I’ve also found that queueing only when competition is online helps to give better rating results.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’ve found that not playing for a week will reset your win/lose gain. Used to only win 3 points in Gold… didn’t play for 2 weeks and I’m back to 15 points per win and made it to plat. I imagine this wont work as well in the top 50.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The only time I lost above 20 points was when I duo Q’d with a silver ranker

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Low tier Silver after placements. Reached Plat with a 60% win rate, currently at 57% win rate as I’m not really going any higher than tier 1 Plat. 114W, 85L

Gold tier entry, +25 rating per win
Gold tier 2, +15 rating per win
Gold tier 3 & Plat entry, +7 to +8 rating per win

I’m gaining on average 8 points per win, losing -15+ per loss. Matchmaking gives +/- 2 points depending on how it thinks I should do.

I have friends in Legend or Upper Plat who have worse win percentages than me (50% or less) yet their placements matches carried them past silver/gold/plat so they’re hovering around 1800 to 1900 rating…

To say the least, i’m a bit bitter with placements. The rating system (mmr) could be a bit less volatile. I should be gaining a lot more than +7 when grinding through gold & plat with the win rate i’m on.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

how did you reach plat with 60% … I also started low silver and after over 100 matches with tat 60% i barely moved up …. With 200 i am still there but winrate is now a bit lower because i gave up on duo Q. My feeling is i would stand my ground in plat too even when most players there will be manually better …

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

how did you reach plat with 60% … I also started low silver and after over 100 matches with tat 60% i barely moved up …. With 200 i am still there but winrate is now a bit lower because i gave up on duo Q.

It’s funny, i’ve hit 60% in S2, S3, & S4 Diamond only up till the last couple of tiers. Though I’ve hit Legendary in prev leagues, even when DH hit rock bottom in S2, I can confidently say i’m probably a Diamond soloQ player so not hitting Legendary this season isn’t a huge deal.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

I usualy can maintain that 60% winrate quite stable if i stick to ele (+ some war substitutions). I always gave up in ruby due to endles grind. S5 is the one i play much more games now. But that winrate did let me crawl upwards and two times a loss streak threw me back. This means if i want to reliable get to gold, i would need to ONLY duo and “Grind” another 100 matches or so. Solo Q with 55-60% winrate gets me nowhere. Most matches are uncarryable even when i can 1:2 win points. It like 80% of matches are preset (either direction) in 20% you make the diffrence. I loose about 1 point more then i gain which results in heavy grind and there seems no diffrence from bronze to high silver in that jsut that match quality increases mid silver. Bronze and sometimes lower silver you have realy bad players that can´t handle their class.

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Low tier Silver after placements. Reached Plat with a 60% win rate, currently at 57% win rate as I’m not really going any higher than tier 1 Plat. 114W, 85L

Gold tier entry, +25 rating per win
Gold tier 2, +15 rating per win
Gold tier 3 & Plat entry, +7 to +8 rating per win

I’m gaining on average 8 points per win, losing -15+ per loss. Matchmaking gives +/- 2 points depending on how it thinks I should do.

I have friends in Legend or Upper Plat who have worse win percentages than me (50% or less) yet their placements matches carried them past silver/gold/plat so they’re hovering around 1800 to 1900 rating…

To say the least, i’m a bit bitter with placements. The rating system (mmr) could be a bit less volatile. I should be gaining a lot more than +7 when grinding through gold & plat with the win rate i’m on.

^ This

I never thought I should stop playing PvP to actually move up faster. That’s f’d up. It doesn’t really matter if I win/lose as it’s only a few points one way or the other for me too.

It’s impossible to move up/down with the current MMR in ranks and I don’t see myself as playing in PvP all that much with a couple of matches here and there.

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It’s impossible to move up/down with the current MMR in ranks and I don’t see myself as playing in PvP all that much with a couple of matches here and there.

The larger the movements in your MMR after a match, positive or negative, the less certain the game is of your true rank. As the movements get smaller, the more you have found the correct level for your actual skill compared to the other players in PvP.

That means that, yes, you will eventually find it very difficult to move your MMR up or down because – guess what – it now accurately reflects your skill, so in order to change it you need to improve (or reduce, I guess, enjoy that hammer to the forehead) your own skill level.

Good luck with that. (or, I guess, just don’t PvP and know that your skill and thus your MMR will not change.)

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

@Slippy. I am not shure if thats the case. It depends on a lot of factors and the system just guesses. Lets say it is like that and the player trains unranked and custom arena and comes back at a skill level 300 points higher. He might never reach that level and give up before …. Grind waves another victim.
Its also possible that you are far better then the system thinks, but play a class that can´t carry much. Bad luck you are stuck unless you train a carry build to the same level … Horray GW2 for life … (and the last thing people want to hear is your fault, train multiple classes to your highest level)
I think i am in that spot. 6:4 placed me low silver. I can only play ele to a good level. Bad class to carry bad players. I play matches that feel like oponents can´t fight but loose ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

I have over 150 ranked matches this season and my points gained and lost have been very inconsistent.
Just today, I lost a total of 44 points in two games that I lost and just 4 points for a game that I won! Maybe after this many games in the gold division, maintaining more wins than losses, just now the game figured out that maybe I should be playing in bronze, not gold!
If after this many matches, the game still is “unsure” about where I should be, then kudos to Anet!

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

can confirm that volatility increases a ton if you dont play a week even for top 10. I didnt play for 2 weeks and did my 7 decay games, i was getting +15 for EASY faceroll games (games I normally wouldve gotten +3 or 4). Even more games after that Im still getting at least +10 for 500-0 games and losing 50 for 2 top 10 duos facing eachother. apparently not playing is the key to not having to farm 20 games for 1 loss.

Darek.1836