4v5 soloq misery has to end!

in PvP

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

Dear anet,

This mornign i wanted to do some quick soloq before work. I ended up having time for 5 matchups of which 4 were 4v5…..

I am not sure if it is because there are still server problems and people DC, altho since they didnt rejoin at all i suspect they just shut down the client (“oh im late for work”).

Please, punish rage quiting like that harder. somethign like: Leaving a match for more than 2 times a week (due to dc) 1-2 weeks dishonerable!

cheers

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

it has had to end for the past 2 years yet it has not ended

4v5 is here to stay

lets call it a feature

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Fozee.1083

Fozee.1083

Yep, a problem that’s 2 years old. The player number balancing is terrible, it’ll make people change teams while in combat. There is NO player score balancing, so the majority of matches are one side stomping the other. There’s certainly no class or rank balancing.

PvP is basically the only area of the entire game that has gotten meaningful permanent content, so we’re not totally left for dead. But there are dumb issues like this that very much so stop it from being taken seriously.

BioWare/Mythic Moderator, Terror Squid, and Funparty

in PvP

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i dont PvP often but have quit doing solo que because waiting for a game just to have someone leave is terrible.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

There are so many ways to fix this – the community has given them countless ideas, yet they just ignore it and keep on working on new “features” and living story…

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Punishment has to be immediate and significant to stop it.

You can’t assume the best and think every 4v5 is a disconnect. The reality is that only a few of the 4v5 are due to unintentional disconnects. Most are due to personal fails that corrupt the game with their quitting/afk attitude.

It also starts in hotjoins too. There is so little attention paid to the quality of hotjoin and fails who team swap…that it creates a culture that “anything goes” and Anet won’t do anything.

What if you immediately banned someone 30 minutes from hotjoins and ranked pvp for leaving? Why is that such a harsh punishment? Even if you legitimately dc’d, then you shouldn’t be queing again immediately with an unstable connection.

This would cleanup a lot of the problem and, more importantly, create a culture that gets out the losers who quit and corrupt the game.

in PvP

Prince.7198

counter is on 7 today now on approx 2 hours of playing time. This is just getting rediculous

in PvP

Prince.7198

Punishment has to be immediate and significant to stop it.

You can’t assume the best and think every 4v5 is a disconnect. The reality is that only a few of the 4v5 are due to unintentional disconnects. Most are due to personal fails that corrupt the game with their quitting/afk attitude.

It also starts in hotjoins too. There is so little attention paid to the quality of hotjoin and fails who team swap…that it creates a culture that “anything goes” and Anet won’t do anything.

What if you immediately banned someone 30 minutes from hotjoins and ranked pvp for leaving? Why is that such a harsh punishment? Even if you legitimately dc’d, then you shouldn’t be queing again immediately with an unstable connection.

This would cleanup a lot of the problem and, more importantly, create a culture that gets out the losers who quit and corrupt the game.

i agree, similar system to gw1 dishonerable, immediate punishment

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Having all players press ready before the match starts is way too difficult!!

Its harder than colored commander tags which took two years!