50% dmg reduction in stealth back

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

(applies reveal)…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

are you kittening kittenting me? if you;’re d/p or s/d

thief is currently so kittening overpowered and braindead and easy mode kitten

Agree.

He personifies genius. Thief op and braindead and easy mode. Must be true.

Unless proven otherwise? or maybe just maybe s/he knew the Thief class itself from tip to toe, dont you think? Anywho if i found having difficulties playing the core i’ll buy HoT and you know, become “Elite”

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

are you kittening kittenting me? Thieves are the most overpowered class on this patch along with mesmers and you want 50% dmg reduction in stealth which is already the most kittened mechanic in the game by far.

stealth has no counterplay in this game and is the cheapest and most overpowered and certain disengage and a thief/mesmer/scrapper can just reset fights forever until they get a good opening

thief gameplay in a nutshell: get a bad opening? Stealth, reset fight, repeat until you get a good opening, spam 3 if you;‘re d/p or s/d or spam 5 if you’re staff thief with some dodges inbetween

thief is currently so kittening overpowered and braindead i have no kittening words what were arena net thinking ? oh right, they weren’t. They have more condi removals than elementalists , do insane dmg, unhindered by any kinds of slow/immobilization, the most stun breakers (steal isnt a stunbreaker but it does just the same thing, shadow step is 2 , infiltration signet if you run it is 3) with low cds huge kittening joke

same with mesmer except they have more dmg and less condi removal but in general are the same cancer and easy mode kitten

1/10 would read again

as far as topic goes, considering all the aoe and amount of revealed, yeah 50% seems reasonable… unless they nerf all other classes aoe/dmg/reveals (which won’t even happen)

name me one profession that has a reveal skill with 15s cooldown or under to actually hardcounter stealth , heck even those have countermeasures

engi’s elite toolbelt = reveal and apply revealed debuff on stealthed targets only does nothing on nonstealth
ranger’s reveal debuff can only be used on nonstealthed targets
guardian’s trap reveals only stealthed
engi googles only works on nonstealthed targets
and all of them have over 25s cd

meanwhile stealth can be spammed every 3 seconds

have you ever wondered why thieves have to “spam” stealth?

have you ever wondered why should it be justified for thieves to be entitled to being immortal while always running berserker gear while theres over 20 gear sets ?

running Glass cannon as a thief is not mandatory

immortal…. on a class w/o protection, invul, stab, blocks, heal spam….. ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

yeah glass cannon thief is not mandatory, too bad they can’t run bunker or bruiser~

if stealth is your only means of survival you seriously need to relearn your profession even more now that there’s daredevil

Well it can’t be evasion because Ranger has more of those unless you get both Acrobatics and DD and Withdraw or Channeled Vigor.

He never tried DD dual SB with initiative regen on swap that is why. So much sustain it’s like you are not even there and it’s just for 50 bucks so many are showing in PvP with it why you no join?!

If they are evading with bow they aren’t able to use their other damaging skills.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

are you kittening kittenting me? Thieves are the most overpowered class on this patch along with mesmers and you want 50% dmg reduction in stealth which is already the most kittened mechanic in the game by far.

stealth has no counterplay in this game and is the cheapest and most overpowered and certain disengage and a thief/mesmer/scrapper can just reset fights forever until they get a good opening

thief gameplay in a nutshell: get a bad opening? Stealth, reset fight, repeat until you get a good opening, spam 3 if you;‘re d/p or s/d or spam 5 if you’re staff thief with some dodges inbetween

thief is currently so kittening overpowered and braindead i have no kittening words what were arena net thinking ? oh right, they weren’t. They have more condi removals than elementalists , do insane dmg, unhindered by any kinds of slow/immobilization, the most stun breakers (steal isnt a stunbreaker but it does just the same thing, shadow step is 2 , infiltration signet if you run it is 3) with low cds huge kittening joke

same with mesmer except they have more dmg and less condi removal but in general are the same cancer and easy mode kitten

1/10 would read again

as far as topic goes, considering all the aoe and amount of revealed, yeah 50% seems reasonable… unless they nerf all other classes aoe/dmg/reveals (which won’t even happen)

name me one profession that has a reveal skill with 15s cooldown or under to actually hardcounter stealth , heck even those have countermeasures

engi’s elite toolbelt = reveal and apply revealed debuff on stealthed targets only does nothing on nonstealth

have you ever wondered why should it be justified for thieves to be entitled to being immortal while always running berserker gear while theres over 20 gear sets ?

immortal…. on a class w/o protection, invul, stab, blocks, heal spam….. ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

yeah glass cannon thief is not mandatory, too bad they can’t run bunker or bruiser~

if stealth is your only means of survival you seriously need to relearn your profession even more now that there’s daredevil

Well it can’t be evasion because Ranger has more of those unless you get both Acrobatics and DD and Withdraw or Channeled Vigor.

He never tried DD dual SB with initiative regen on swap that is why. So much sustain it’s like you are not even there and it’s just for 50 bucks so many are showing in PvP with it why you no join?!

If they are evading with bow they aren’t able to use their other damaging skills.

Should I start worrying about you too?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

glaphen.5230

1/10 would read again

All evades cost at least 4 initiative for .5 seconds of evasion, 4 initiative takes 4 seconds to regen, skill 2,3,4 and 5 all cost that same resource and Thieves don’t have the godly sword auto attacks of Revenant who also gets more evades per second regen with Shiro.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

1/10 would read again

All evades cost at least 4 initiative for .5 seconds of evasion, 4 initiative takes 4 seconds to regen, skill 2,3,4 and 5 all cost that same resource and Thieves don’t have the godly sword auto attacks of Revenant who also gets more evades per second regen with Shiro.

Yep you missed it.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

glaphen.5230

1/10 would read again

Yep you missed it.

Yes I did, didn’t look at the names during queues and thought it was the same person replying.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

No.

They should actually remove the damage reduction thieves get now, because stealth is op enough.

Yea because theifs (daredevil spec (non stealth))are doing so well right now. Theifs need to get some defensive outside of stealth….. Its so easy to one shot them in a stun its just sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

No.

They should actually remove the damage reduction thieves get now, because stealth is op enough.

Yea because theifs are doing so well right now. Theifs need to get some defensive outside of stealth….. Its so easy to one shot them in a stun its just sad.

If thieves run zerker they deserve to be oneshot.

There are plenty of options to help thief not be oneshot.

And not hit like a wet noodle.

Probably.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

No.

Yea because theifs (daredevil spec (non stealth))are doing so well right now. Theifs need to get some defensive outside of stealth….. Its so easy to one shot them in a stun its just sad.

Stop missing it.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

No.

Stop missing it.

He’ll get it, just give him time.

Nerf thief while he gets it.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

No.

Stop missing it.

He’ll get it, just give him time.

Nerf thief while he gets it.

Azure, the link in your signature is an excellent read, by the way. I’ve had so many of those thoughts already that it’s refreshing to see I’m not the only one. That’s the non-sarcastic part.

The sarcastic part, is that it would be unfortunate if Thieves had any risk to go with their reward of entering stealth.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

-snipping any non-confrontational commendations because these are GW2 forums and we don’t agree on things here unless they are thief nerfs-

The sarcastic part, is that it would be unfortunate if Thieves had any risk to go with their reward of entering stealth.

Exactly.

I mean, in addition to abstaining from all dps.

cause mindgames are more important than letting your opponent heal.

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

-snipping any non-confrontational commendations because these are GW2 forums and we don’t agree on things here unless they are thief nerfs-

Exactly.

If only Thieves had some form of mobility or evasion, I guess they wouldn’t need to crutch on stealth as a supremely defensive mechanic, and not just use it as a utility. Missed design opportunity, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

So funny gw2 , so funny. I post bunch of facts and common sense and bunch of kittens are flaming me instead

ad hominem to its finest

nobody actually argued against everything i said cause theres nothing to argue with against it since thieves are as i said braindead and op

for the record, thief is my 3rd most played profession which is hundreds of games so you can’t even say i havent played thief, rofl.

when i played thief i never died cause i can just stealth and run away, easy kittening peasy

you only died as thief in the past when under immense focus when ur teammates are useless as kitten and now thieves got so much out of daredevil, thats no longer a problem

they were #2 most pathetic class after mesmer before and now they swapped positions, mesmer is #2 only cause it lacks condi removals while thief has the most in this game by far cuz balance

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Exactly.

If only Thieves had some form of mobility or evasion, I guess they wouldn’t need to crutch on stealth as a supremely defensive mechanic, and not just use it as a utility. Missed design opportunity, I guess.

Yeah, totally wasted opportunity there.

They could have even made it so if they decided to use this mobility it would take priority over their attacks so they wouldnt be able to dps when using it.

Yknow, to make it balanced.

In fact, maybe that wouldnt be enough, maybe it should deplete some kind of pool that their attacks needed to work, so that if they decided to use it they wouldnt be able to attack fully for a few seconds afterward.
hmmmmm.

Lots of potential there I think.

So funny gw2 , so funny. I post bunch of facts and common sense and bunch of kittens are flaming me instead

Hi, I’m Azure, I don’t believe we’ve ever met.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

I know everyone is being sarcastic, but thief sword auto’s is something that desperately needs to be addressed. The aftercast is horrible.

Vipassana

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

I know everyone is being sarcastic, but thief sword auto’s is something that desperately needs to be addressed. The aftercast is horrible.

Everyone uses Sword mainhand.

It’s perfectly balanced.
LordHelseth Karl I said so.

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

I think my sarcasm tank is about used up, where I’m fairly certain Azure’s is bottomless. I’ll go ahead and throw in the towel.

If Sword’s auto is really that bad, then I’d also like to see it fixed for Thieves. Also, it’s difficult to argue as much against Stealth in the context of sPvP because of the objective mechanics. I’ve never liked how it was implemented in this game, but I don’t think it’s all that bad for sPvP. I also think that if a Thief drops a big red circle next to you that they have to stand in, they should be punished hard for that level of hubris, not given an extra 50% damage reduction.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

I think my sarcasm tank is about used up, where I’m fairly certain Azure’s is bottomless. I’ll go ahead and throw in the towel.

If Sword’s auto is really that bad, then I’d also like to see it fixed for Thieves. Also, it’s difficult to argue as much against Stealth in the context of sPvP because of the objective mechanics. I’ve never liked how it was implemented in this game, but I don’t think it’s all that bad for sPvP. I also think that if a Thief drops a big red circle next to you that they have to stand in, they should be punished hard for that level of hubris, not given an extra 50% damage reduction.

I will accept victory in this duel of wits for now (I guess? Is it wit? What is this-)

Sword auto is terrible. It’s warrior-sword-slow on a class made of glass.

I also dont see “red circle” as hubris. 99% (some exaggeration included) of the time, when a thief drops SR its because his utilities are in a position that he will die if he stays exposed.

Not a “come challenge me, I dare you.” Hell, I’d love to be able to put SR three miles away so I dont get illusionary waved, because more often than not I’m not fighting against a wall because mobility.

I’d even go a step further and say I’d give up stealth for more than three seconds altogether if I could. But, seeing as how thieves are glass, they get forced to give up dps and sit in invisibility circles instead of actually fighting, which only happens to kitten off the opponents too.

It also doesnt help that the sudden prevalence of reveal now makes it harder for us to stay stealthed, which is more or less just added pressure for using a mechanic that is the only means of staying alive.

I’d love to not have SR on my utility bar and Shadow Arts not slotted without sweating profusely

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

FeelsAlright.5860

Rev sword mainhand is at least 1.5x – 2x quicker than the thief autos. It’s why sword thieves end up spamming #3 because its the only way to get decent damage.

I agree with your argument we should be punished for the situation you describe, but I think thief itself needs some sort of extra damage mitigation. Our damage output just doesn’t seem to match the level of damage we are taking.

However, I don’t think non-stealth gameplay is viable. Granted I have huge issues with the daredevil spec itself because the dodges are lackluster for grandmaster level traits. Warrior has a dodgeroll that damages at the end and it’s an adept level trait while we have that at grandmaster. It doesn’t make sense. Also the dodges completely break up the flow of combat. Dash puts you way too far from your target if you need to dodge mid combat, and the other 2 dodges will reveal you.

Vipassana

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

I will accept victory in this duel of wits for now (I guess? Is it wit? What is this-)

Sword auto is terrible. It’s warrior-sword-slow on a class made of glass.

I also dont see “red circle” as hubris. 99% (some exaggeration included) of the time, when a thief drops SR its because his utilities are in a position that he will die if he stays exposed.

Not a “come challenge me, I dare you.” Hell, I’d love to be able to put SR three miles away so I dont get illusionary waved, because more often than not I’m not fighting against a wall because mobility.

I’d even go a step further and say I’d give up stealth for more than three seconds altogether if I could. But, seeing as how thieves are glass, they get forced to give up dps and sit in invisibility circles instead of actually fighting, which only happens to kitten off the opponents too.

It also doesnt help that the sudden prevalence of reveal now makes it harder for us to stay stealthed, which is more or less just added pressure for using a mechanic that is the only means of staying alive.

I’d love to not have SR on my utility bar and Shadow Arts not slotted without sweating profusely

I call it “hubris” when a Thief drops a Shadow Refuge in front of me because I know exactly where they are, but in the past it often didn’t feel like it mattered. Then they are gone and can do whatever they like. Or, they drop it on a downed ally to res them, and I know exactly where they are, but even if I cleave the location it doesn’t seem to matter. Swings eventually end up missing and then I don’t know where two people are.

But that’s honestly too much emotional investment to actually judge the utility. To be fair, recently a Thief dropped one in front of me, and as a Reaper I just spun inside of it. When I next saw the Thief he was at about 15% health and running away. It IS punishable, it IS counterable, and really it isn’t so bad.

It has just made me so incredibly angry in the past. That’s what I get for solo roaming, though, and solo roaming has no bearing on sPvP balance. Or any balance, really. Nor should it.

I’ve always wanted Thieves to have other tools to allow them to fight without feeling like they have to use Stealth so much.

I also didn’t really think “more reveals” were the answer. It felt more like a bit of a silly hard-counter that only some classes received to make them potentially part of a team. It smacks of “more more more” style balance/design that conditions and boons are also victim of, and I’m not a fan regardless of how much Stealth irks me sometimes.

Getting back to the OP, I think 50% damage redux in stealth is “more more more” mentality, and I don’t like it. Personally.

EDIT – Is part of the problem that other classes can itemize defensively then might-stack via traits, etc., but Thieves have no real way to might-stack or otherwise gain something like high amounts of % crit from traits to allow them to itemize with more survivability? I don’t think giving every class the ability to might stack is an answer, but I think Thieves should have some way to allow for itemization flexibility.

EDIT 2 – @Azure: Yeah, it’s totally wit.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

in PvP

FeelsAlright.5860

EDIT – Is part of the problem that other classes can itemize defensively then might-stack via traits, etc., but Thieves have no real way to might-stack or otherwise gain something like high amounts of % crit from traits to allow them to itemize with more survivability? I don’t think giving every class the ability to might stack is an answer, but I think Thieves should have some way to allow for itemization flexibility.

I think that is a part of the problem. Granted backstab, pistol whip all have high damage coefficients, which is why we lack defensive capabilities, but another class can achieve the same damage via might, while having more defense.

I think another problem is that a lot of our damage is centered around burst and 7/9 classes have a way to become invulnerable/block when that occurs Auto proccing rev shield, endure pain, signet of stone etc.

Edit: I wanted to add, neither stealth or stealthless play is viable atm. Stealth is being hard countered by reveal skills, and stealthless play is hindered by crappy sword autos and lack of actual defense mechanisms.

Vipassana

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

I think that is a part of the problem. Granted backstab, pistol whip all have high damage coefficients, which is why we lack defensive capabilities, but another class can achieve the same damage via might, while having more defense.

I think another problem is that a lot of our damage is centered around burst and 7/9 classes have a way to become invulnerable/block when that occurs Auto proccing rev shield, endure pain, signet of stone etc.

Hilariously, my first thought was “Maybe Thieves can use a Valk signet, spec for 100% crit out of Stealth, and get some survivability that way”, then I realized I was advocating a Stealth-centric build even though I don’t like how Stealth is implemented.

Mobile sustain pressure sounds like something that Thieves could use, like 50% crit for 5 seconds after Shadowstepping. Allow a Sword Thief to pop in and out while being able to spec more for some survivability, or maybe allow for some SB combos (is SB #5 considered a “shadowstep”?).

I don’t know. I don’t want to totally derail from the OP, I’m just not sure 50% damage redux is the answer. Considering the direction of the game though, I suppose it might be.