90+ second teammate dc, -15 rating anyway

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

What’s the point of the 90sec dc countdown when the entire team loses rating anyway?

Could gw2 pvp in 2017 be any more depressing?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

What’s the point of the 90sec dc countdown when the entire team loses rating anyway?

I took a look at this match and the longest disconnect was a player who disconnected about 70 seconds before the match ended.

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: Aden.9306

Aden.9306

Hey Cal! You should also spend some time fixing the matchmaker too….

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I took a look at this match and the longest disconnect was a player who disconnected about 70 seconds before the match ended.

Just out of curiosity, and probably doesn’t matter in long run. Does the count ends when dced player successfully relaunch GW2 or when he re-enters the match? I’ve seen players complained of getting stuck in loading screen etc and wonder if that counts.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Regardless of what your data says, he was out of the match for 90+ seconds (it was about 100), and the countdown timer reflected that. If the timer counts down to 0 from 90, and your data shows 70, there’s clearly something screwy with how it’s determining how long a player is actually absent from a match.

In fairness, we definitely would have lost anyway. But this is not the first time I’ve watched the dc timer count down to 0 and still lost rating.